Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 416.94 WHQL Has Been Released

cageymaru

Fully [H]
NVIDIA has released new Game Ready Drivers 416.94 WHQL that provide the optimal gaming experience for Battlefield V, Fallout 76, and Hitman 2. New 3D Vision profiles for Fallout 76 (fair) and Hitman 2 (Good) are included with the drivers. These drivers allow users to have the best experience with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update which enables Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR) for Battlefield 5. The release notes can be found here.

Open Issues in Version 416.94 WHQL

[GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Hitman 2][DirectX 11]: The game screen turns black after launching the game if Windows HDR is enabled. [2439490]. [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. [2079538]. [GeForce GTX 780]: Activity on the desktop lags. [2423588]. [SLI][HDR][Battlefield 1]: With HDR enabled, the display turns pink after changing the refresh rate from 144 Hz to 120 Hz using in-game settings. [200457196]. [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]. [G-Sync]: G-sync may not disengage after exiting games. [2418574].

1080. Since upgrading to previous 416 whql I've been getting lots of dpc watchdog crashes. As usual when new hardware comes out the clock speeds are screwed up. Down during some games and maxed at desktop kist watching a movie.

Even had to deploy an old trick where I keep a YouTube window open in background to keep clock rates up.

Fallout 76 beta ran fine. Low gpu usage

So, is the ray tracing only done on the reflections? I can't quite tell.

It does look really sweet though!

From what I saw on some comparison vids, that's pretty much the only place you can actually notice it. There are also 4 different levels and they're almost indistinguishable.

It does look great, but is currently useless for multi-player in it's current form.
I actually managed to get the motion sickness unlock while playing some BFV. Something I haven't experienced since the very first Wolfenstein. Buttery smooth it is not.

It frequently feels like your video card has a manual transmission and a drunk student driver is at the wheel. :sick:

Hopefully it eventually gets fixed via software eventually, otherwise there's gonna be some fairly angry BFV-playing RTX buyers out there.

My thinking when buying a Strix 2080 was that I needed to upgrade from a Strix 1070 after picking up an 144Hz LG 32" 32gk850g. Worst case scenario, the thing seems as quick as a 1080ti and maybe RTX will turn out to be cool.

It's currently looking like that worst case. Though, I am still loving BFV without it.

Saw this floating around somewhere, tests done on a 2080ti:

1920 x 1080 65.3 FPS
2560 x 1440 49.6 FPS
3840 × 2160 29.4 FPS

Last edited:
The world/player models don't seem to be experiencing the ray tracing (beyond the reflections) which really to me seems misleading since the promotional scenes for the Star Wars ray tracing showed the _entire scene_ being ray traced.

From what I saw on some comparison vids, that's pretty much the only place you can actually notice it. There are also 4 different levels and they're almost indistinguishable.

Barf!

Seems like this is a good first-gen ray tracing product line considering historically ray tracing is like 1FPS, but I suspect it won't get seriously awesome till at least 2nd gen, maybe 3rd.

It does look great, but is currently useless for multi-player in it's current form.
I actually managed to get the motion sickness unlock while playing some BFV. Something I haven't experienced since the very first Wolfenstein. Buttery smooth it is not.

It frequently feels like your video card has a manual transmission and a drunk student driver is at the wheel. :sick:

Hopefully it eventually gets fixed via software eventually, otherwise there's gonna be some fairly angry BFV-playing RTX buyers out there.

My thinking when buying a Strix 2080 was that I needed to upgrade from a Strix 1070 after picking up an 144Hz LG 32" 32gk850g. Worst case scenario, the thing seems as quick as a 1080ti and maybe RTX will turn out to be cool.

It's currently looking like that worst case. Though, I am still loving BFV without it.

Saw this floating around somewhere, tests done on a 2080ti:

1920 x 1080 65.3 FPS
2560 x 1440 49.6 FPS
3840 × 2160 29.4 FPS

Back