Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 416.16 WHQL Has Been Released

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 416.16 has been released and it provides the optimal gaming experience with support for the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Redstone 5) including the public release of DirectX Raytracing (DXR). NVIDIA has clarified that the Triple Buffering setting is intended for OpenGL only. SLi profiles using alternate frame rendering (AFR) were added for Basingstoke, Battlefield V, Divinity: Original Sin II, Immortal: Unchained, Jurassic World Evolution, Phoenix Point, and Seven: The Days Long Gone. The 3D Vision profile for Elder Scrolls: Online is listed as good, but 3D Vision is not recommended for use with Assassin's Creed:Odyssey at this time. The release notes can be found here. Here is some Atomic Heart real-time ray tracing footage.

Windows 10 Issues

[Windows Defender Application Guard][vGPU][Surround]: Surround cannot be enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel when running Edge Browser with Application Guard over vGPU. [200444614]. [Windows Defender Application Guard][vGPU][Surround]: Edge Browser with Application Guard cannot be opened when Surround is enabled. [200443580]. [GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of audio idle. [2204857]. [GeForce GTX 1080Ti]: Random DPC watchdog violation error when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. [2079538]. [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]. [Windows Media Player][Notebook][MSHybrid]: The application crashes when run on the integrated graphics after setting the NVIDIA GPU Graphics settings to High Performance. [200450782].

Any idea if this ss this their knee-jerk reaction to their drivers gimping the 10xx's a day or two ago or are we past that pie-in-the-face moment...?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass on this one. I did the first 411.63 driver on all my rigs and no problem there but I have read numerous postings about either 411.70 or this one causing some issues. Haven't come across anything credible regarding the issues but combined with past experiences its enough to make me wary. The bottom line is that NV drivers, in the last 3-5 years, have had more consistency issues and its very difficult to pinpoint exactly what goes wrong and why. What goes south for one person may not necessarily for another.

Had TDR errors in DX 12 with The Division and also the red green blocky shit appeared again. Cleared DX 12 caches in game and NV's and still persisted. Driver reinstall, always clean option, and still persisted. No issues using DX 11 and everything else is fine

I'm still on the 411.63's on a 1080ti, no issues.

Until you see "Game Ready driver for <Game>" that is a game you own, there's usually not much point to upgrading them.

The only annoying thing the drivers have done to me, is always enable and switch to the speakers built into my display port connected Display. I don't use those, and it always decides to enable them as the default... I just do custom install now, and always deselect the HD Audio driver.

Nvidia. You’re worst than java when it comes to the number of fucking updates you put out.

The only annoying thing the drivers have done to me, is always enable and switch to the speakers built into my display port connected Display. I don't use those, and it always decides to enable them as the default... I just do custom install now, and always deselect the HD Audio driver.

Yep this bugs me too - but I'm not sure nVidia is to blame on this one. I think windows 10 does a bad job of managing the default output.

Seriously. Wtf constitutes the need for half a gig for a driver? I remembered them being muuuch smaller. Still, can it play crisis? Also, mushroooooooms.

Nice, we're up to 519MB for a graphics driver.

Wrong, your only looking at the download size, which is heavily compressed.

The actual size after decompression is 1.21GB! Yeah folks, we are looking at 1.21 GIGABYTES for a fucking graphics driver and shitty old-fashioned Control Panel!

To put this into some perspective, the ISO image of Microsofts Windows XP SP3 is 583MB!

I can't wait for nGreedia to launch version 1267.68 in a couple of years or so, probably with the same shitty control panel, which will be bigger than your entire Windows 10 installation size. /s

Seriously. Wtf constitutes the need for half a gig for a driver? I remembered them being muuuch smaller. Still, can it play crisis? Also, mushroooooooms.

Its a driver package, not just a single driver. They include drivers for the GPU, 3D Vision, HDMI audio, PhysX, SLI profiles, game-specific tweaks to try and reverse some of the shoddy programming by developers, and so on. There's a lot of shit included in GPU drivers these days. AMD's GPU drivers are only a couple hundred megabytes behind Nvidia's at this point.

Back