cageymaru

Fully [H]
Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver 399.24 WHQL has been released and the most important issue that it fixes is the gaming performance exhibited by high core count AMD Ryzen CPUs such as the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX. As many suspected during the AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2990WX launch, faulty Nvidia drivers were holding back performance on the high core count processors. Nvidia has acknowledged and fixed the issues in the new 399.24 WHQL release. Users should expect a 50% performance uplift according to the release notes.

The new drivers provide the optimal gaming experience for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout open beta, and Assetto Corsa Competizione early access. There is a long list of games that have been optimized for more performance by the drivers on page 8 and a list of new SLi profiles is showcased on page 9. New 3D vision profiles are discussed on page 10 and Monster Hunter World has a 3D compatibility mode profile. Big thumbs up for fixing issues in the drivers!

Fixed issues: [3D games]: Game performance drops in half when moving from 16 core/32 thread CPU to 32 core/64 thread CPU. NVIDIA graphics driver may not install correctly on certain Core 2 Duo/Quad systems.

Open Issues: [GeForce GTX 1060]AV receiver switches to 2-channel stereo mode after 5 seconds of audio idle. [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. Random DPC watchdog violation errors occur when using multiple GPUs on motherboards with PLX chips. Using power monitoring in GPU monitor tools causes micro stutter.

Didn't even know Call of Duty was getting another beta weekend. Last beta didn't sell me, maybe Blackout will

The last driver release gave me big problems in world of warcraft. Massive stutter in windows 8.1
Using 390.77 which work fine

How strange that the previous Nvidia driver didn't work with AMD's flagship CPU !!

Not really.

The larger TR CPUs have cores that don't have local memory, and that's new in the consumer world. Generally speaking you can certainly game on them but gaming should be a secondary or tertiary purpose.

I had to rollback to 398.82, was getting massive performance regression with the newest driver on evga 1080 ftw2. I know it's an older game, but I've been going through my steam library to finish up some games; in Syrian Warfare I was getting about 1/3rd the performance (50fps instead of 150).

Better than putting up with the BS of windows 10

Like Win10Pro for workstations BS? Though I guess to be fair to MS, core counts have exploded to the point where you don't need a real server setup for this stuff and consumer cpu for a fraction of the cost offers that performance...I still do think they went too far with the limits which also includes Windows server and cost for additional cores/vm is absolutely exorbitant.

Like Win10Pro for workstations BS? Though I guess to be fair to MS, core counts have exploded to the point where you don't need a real server setup for this stuff and consumer cpu for a fraction of the cost offers that performance...I still do think they went too far with the limits which also includes Windows server and cost for additional cores/vm is absolutely exorbitant.

Performance is one thing, and that's fairly easy; robustness, failover, remote management and so on get harder (though not impossible) with consumer-level computing technology. Really just a difference in priorities.

Back