NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 373.06 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at NVIDIA send word that the brand new GeForce Game Ready 373.06 WHQL drivers are out now. According to the release notes, these drivers provide an optimal experience for Gears of War 4, Mafia 3, and Shadow Warrior 2. Hit the link above for the new drivers and this link for release notes.

I still think the whole "Game Ready" name is dumb.

Do they have two different driver types they release? No? Then what is the point other than some dumb PR person pushing for useless titles on stuff?

I still think the whole "Game Ready" name is dumb.

Do they have two different driver types they release? No? Then what is the point other than some dumb PR person pushing for useless titles on stuff?
Well, the idea is that the drivers get delivered so that your system is READY for game when you get it. Compare that to AMD's which are seemingly named "Hotfix," and are trying to fix what is broken in games that are already at. That said, these are aptly named.

AMD as of late has been releasing drivers with support for games that are not out yet. They have been doing much better in regards to drivers for a while now.

I guess you haven't been looking at HardOCP's VR reviews lately...

Maybe just general framerate improvements? It is odd how they worded it though, I agree. It's either 90 or above or it's not.
Actually, in Vive it is never above 90fps. 45 with dropped frames, 45, or 90 is pretty much it.

Any idea if Fallout games plays nice with this driver, or is it still botched?

I am thinking it hasn't been fixed, so here's wishful thinking

The driver notes say FO3, FNV, and Skyrim are still fubar but FNV / TTW launched using FNV4GB.exe seem to be running fine on my machine with these new drivers.

The issue isn't the drivers. Its Microsoft and the WDDM2.1 and how these 2 games specifically works.. AMD suffers the same with WDDM2.1 drivers. A Fixed .exe or a replaced D3D9.dll file seems to do the trick.

Considering the limited scope of games with a problem. It seems rather that the games did something unusual to begin with.

The issue isn't the drivers. Its Microsoft and the WDDM2.1 and how these 2 games specifically works.. AMD suffers the same with WDDM2.1 drivers. A Fixed .exe or a replaced D3D9.dll file seems to do the trick.

Considering the limited scope of games with a problem. It seems rather that the games did something unusual to begin with.

Well it's not the first time Windows 10 isn't playing nice with older games in general, but this has been around since Win 8.1 days where DX 9 games can only address 4GB RAM in total (not sure if is TOTAL amount of RAM, IE sum of system, video and pagefile or just VRAM), which didn't happen in windows 7.

So basically these, plus a a numerous of other issues (EG SC2) have been giving me my fair share of headaches, and I am somewhat tempted to go back to Win 7.

GoW4 on other hand, throws a spanner in that plan completely.

I have relatively high hopes of Skyrim actually working in the near future with the re-release, I haven't touched FO3 for a while and don't really plan to, it's New Vegas that's been the kicker, I am running 368.25 drivers purely because of NV.

At this stage, it's NV trying to convince me going back to Win 7, or GoW4 trying to convince me to stay on 10.

Any idea if they finally fixed the borked VRAM used readout when SLI is enabled on Win10 Anniversary? I am getting tired of using over 41TB of VRAM all the time.

Any idea if they finally fixed the borked VRAM used readout when SLI is enabled on Win10 Anniversary? I am getting tired of using over 41TB of VRAM all the time.

The release notes say incorrect VRAM readouts are still a known issue.

I don't think it's solely a WDDM problem. I think it's due to the changes made to the Direct3D 9 runtimes in W10 AU. They changed some things around as to how hardware CAPS are reported (in addition to other things), and the way Bethesda games have detected hardware has always been fucked up to begin with.

I don't think it's solely a WDDM problem. I think it's due to the changes made to the Direct3D 9 runtimes in W10 AU. They changed some things around as to how hardware CAPS are reported (in addition to other things), and the way Bethesda games have detected hardware has always been fucked up to begin with.

Arh, well in the end it still ends up with all the changes to WDDM2.1 Since WDDM 2.0 drivers under Windows 10 AU isn't affected by this issue. I didn't check yet, but I guess it could be that the WDDM2.1 got its entire own DirectX set of files.

Back