Nvidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultra

Pics of the EVGA FX5800 Ultra, LMK if you guys see any physical damage.

OjQsEuE.jpg

uub8Ydj.jpg

I looked over what was visible and didnt see anything obvious. Might want to check around the caps to see if any puked out their juices. It is also possible that someone just clocked the heck out of it for years, and it just is a worn out card.

Reactions: erek
like this
Did you check thermals (if possible at all on these)? Maybe the thermal paste just needs to be replaced?

Reactions: erek
like this
Hey guys

Iv come across the box for 5800 ultra if anyone is interested.

Thanks Mr cool

The actual top AGP cards are getting pricey now too:

Radeon 3870 AGP (only ES)
Radeon 3850 AGP
Radeon 4670 AGP

Technically the 3850 AGP is more powerful, but you'll be CPU bottlenecked on the majority of AGP systems.
I have a HD3870x2 (dual GPU crossfire model) sitting in a box here. ;-)

Nice FAKE 5800 "Ultra":

Link on Ebay

What I see: PCB from Quadro FX2000, backplate from Quadro FX2000, RAM radiators on the front side from MSI FX5600 Ultra, GPU cooler from ABIT FX5600 Ultra. I bet heat sink on GPU also has Quadro FX2000 marking, so it's FAKE card made from three other cards flashed by FX5800 Ultra BIOS. And somebody is going to spend over $800 on this)))

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice FAKE 5800 "Ultra":

Link on Ebay

What I see: PCB from Quadro FX2000, backplate from Quadro FX2000, RAM radiators on the front side from MSI FX5600 Ultra, GPU cooler from ABIT FX5600 Ultra. I bet heat sink on GPU also has Quadro FX2000 marking, so it's FAKE card made from three other cards flashed by FX5800 Ultra BIOS. And somebody is going to spend over $800 on this)))

I see that the seller added at the end of the description that it is not really a GF5800 Ultra. Wonder how many people are going to cancel bids.... Or actually they probably won't even realize till it is too late.

From experience as a seller, a lot of people buying stuff on eBay don't even bother to read the description.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Apparently I need to start making some Quadro fake 5800U special editions. Great ROI.

Apparently I need to start making some Quadro fake 5800U special editions. Great ROI.
Problem with that is that you have to come up with the Quadro card version of it which generally is not very cheap anymore.

Then you have to come up with the FX5800U cooler.

Have fun with that idea.

I have about 25 of the Quadro FX2000's that are being scrapped in a few months at work. But yea, the coolers would be difficult to emulate. But it doesn't need to be that close of a match according to the previous auction sale. lol

I have about 25 of the Quadro FX2000's that are being scrapped in a few months at work. But yea, the coolers would be difficult to emulate. But it doesn't need to be that close of a match according to the previous auction sale. lol
Attach a toy Husqvarna leaf blower to it! :-P

Back