NVIDIA GeForce 337.50 "Beta" Driver

What’s New in Version 337.50

Performance
Introduces key DirectX optimizations which result in reduced game-loading times and significant performance increases across a wide variety of games. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here are some examples of measured gains versus the previous 335.23 WHQL driver:

GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):

Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 21% in Star Swarm
Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
Up to 6% in F1 2013
GeForce GTX 700 Series (SLI):

Up to 71% in Total War: Rome II
Up to 53% in Sniper Elite V2
Up to 45% in Aliens vs. Predator
Up to 31% in Sleeping Dogs
Up to 20% in CoD: Black Ops 2
Up to 10% in Hitman Absolution
Up to 9% in F1 2013
Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
Up to 6% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham Origins
SLI Technology:

Total War: Rome II – added profile
War Thunder – added profile
Watch Dogs – updated profile
Diablo III – updated profile
3D Vision
Supports new “3D Compatibility Mode” for 3D Vision that enables us to improve the 3D experience for many key DirectX 10 and 11 games

3D Vision Profiles

Path of Exile – rated “Good”
KickBeat – rating now “Excellent”
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles

Assassin’s Creed Liberation – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent”
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 – previously “Good”, now rated as “Excellent
Strike Suit Zero – previously “Not Recommended”, now rated as “Good”
Watchdogs – rated as “Good”
Additional Details:
Installs new PhysX System Software
Installs HD Audio
Installs GeForce Experience 2

More info and all DL Links are here

Direct Link for 64 Bit

Direct Link for 32 Bit

Last edited:
Correction - the new driver does NOT include GeForce Experience 2.0 - instead, it includes the incremental update to GeForce Experience 1.8.2.0. Instead, you need to update GeForce Experience separately.

It installed GeForce Experience 2.0 straight away for me.

wvptdpN.png

My PC

SD-B-i73770k-33523_zps683af157.jpg

SD-B-i73770k-33750_zps55c08899.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Kids PC's.

PC-1. Win 8.1 Pro, i5-3570k, 16 gigs Mem, MSI GTX 770 Lightning.

FarCry 2 - Dx10.
Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1080 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(8x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Ultra High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Ultra High), Terrain(Ultra High), Geometry(Ultra High), Post FX(High), Texture(Ultra High), Shadow(Ultra High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)
Average Framerate: 140.37
Max. Framerate: 221.05
Min. Framerate: 106.90

Average Framerate: 144.85
Max. Framerate: 225.76
Min. Framerate: 109.53

Heaven
Platform: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3467MHz) x4
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 9.18.13.3523 (2048MB) x1
Settings Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset Custom
Quality Ultra
Tessellation: Extreme
FPS: 40.3
Score: 1015
Min FPS: 20.0
Max FPS: 91.6

FPS: 40.1
Score: 1011
Min FPS: 20.0
Max FPS: 89.7

Metro 2033.
Options: Resolution: 1920 x 1080; DirectX: DirectX 11; Quality: High; Antialiasing: MSAA 4X; Texture filtering: AF 16X; Advanced PhysX: Enabled; Tesselation: Enabled; DOF: Enabled
Average Framerate: 40.00
Max. Framerate: 99.46
Min. Framerate: 9.05

Average Framerate: 50.00
Max. Framerate: 145.90
Min. Framerate: 9.36

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC-2. Win 8.1 Pro, FX 8350, 16 gigs Mem, MSI GTX 770 Lightning.

FarCry 2 - Dx10
Settings: Demo(Ranch Small), 1920x1080 (60Hz), D3D10, Fixed Time Step(No), Disable Artificial Intelligence(No), Full Screen, Anti-Aliasing(8x), VSync(No), Overall Quality(Ultra High), Vegetation(Very High), Shading(Ultra High), Terrain(Ultra High), Geometry(Ultra High), Post FX(High), Texture(Ultra High), Shadow(Ultra High), Ambient(High), Hdr(Yes), Bloom(Yes), Fire(Very High), Physics(Very High), RealTrees(Very High)
Average Framerate: 106.31
Max. Framerate: 159.42
Min. Framerate: 73.55

Average Framerate: 111.13
Max. Framerate: 164.47
Min. Framerate: 77.88

Heaven.
Platform: Windows NT 6.2 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (4334MHz) x4
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 9.18.13.3523 (2048MB) x1
Settings Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset Custom
Quality Ultra
Tessellation: Extreme
FPS: 39.4
Score: 991
Min FPS: 16.5
Max FPS: 89.5

FPS: 39.0
Score: 983
Min FPS: 15.2
Max FPS: 88.6

Metro 2033.
Options: Resolution: 1920 x 1080; DirectX: DirectX 11; Quality: High; Antialiasing: MSAA 4X; Texture filtering: AF 16X; Advanced PhysX: Enabled; Tesselation: Enabled; DOF: Enabled
Average Framerate: 37.67
Max. Framerate: 226.14
Min. Framerate: 10.26

Average Framerate: 38.33
Max. Framerate: 194.89
Min. Framerate: 9.46

Sleeping Dogs.
1920x1080, Settings High, High Res Textures Yes.
Average Framerate: 90.7
Max. Framerate: 137.8
Min. Framerate: 56.2

Average Framerate: 96.9
Max. Framerate: 141.0
Min. Framerate: 57.6

Interesting that Skyrim is on there and among the largest gainers in the patch notes.

Shadowplay supporting desktop, windowed / borderless will make it functional for all now.

Any word on Battlefield 4 improvements, if any? I know there's nothing in the patch notes, but it's odd they would enhance so many other games and do nothing with BF4.

Didn't run benchmarks, but Crysis 3 is definitely a lot more playable and far smoother than I remember it being before. It's quite nice!

haven't seen 'DirectX optimizations' mentioned in driver release notes in forever...

What is the "proper" way to install driver updates like this?

I guess I'll switch over to onboard GPU, uninstall old and then install new.

What is the "proper" way to install driver updates like this?

I guess I'll switch over to onboard GPU, uninstall old and then install new.

just download and install, you do not need to do "Proper" way to install drivers.. just download and run the setup installer, the setup will unistall the previous drivers, reboot the GPU and then will do a clean installation with the new driver.. so not worry about it..

I hate when they use the "up to %" bullshit. It's rarely ever even close to what they advertise, I wish they would just put actual useful info. /endrant

WOW, SLI WORKS AND 71% IMPROVEMENT FOR ROME 2! WHOPPING 45 FPS WITH 780 TI SLI AND 3960X!

Rome 2 was the biggest failure in years.

I hate when they use the "up to %" bullshit. It's rarely ever even close to what they advertise, I wish they would just put actual useful info. /endrant

First try it and then speak.. LOT of people are receiving and reporting lot of nice improvement with % higher than advertised... and ins't only with 7XX Series, 6XX are too reporting nice improvement, even my secondary machine with a 670, and my little bro machine with a 660TI both received a healthy performance boost for example in Tomb Raider.. way better average frame rates with better minimums than before.. the "Up to Certain %" help more when the average frame rate its way smoother than just receive higher Frame Rate... i prefer all the way smoother and constant FPS average than just max frame rate performance.. if your sig if correct you have Xfired 7950s then no way can know that.. ;)

Up to % is the only way to say it when PC configurations can vary wildly. Example is my kids systems. They are almost identical except for the CPU and Mobo. Most of their results were pretty closely repeated except for Metro 2033. The intel system improved while the AMD system didn't, and this is with identical V-cards.

Whoa. While I haven't played nor have I followed Rome 2, the fact that the performance gain was so big indicates that they were doing something seriously wrong there.

Alot of hype over this driver but made very little difference in most games,although it is nice to get the odd frame here and there increase it's nothing spectacular.

Alot of hype over this driver but made very little difference in most games,although it is nice to get the odd frame here and there increase it's nothing spectacular.
So, just like Mantle.
Except Nvidia improved more than 1 game.

but, but its MANTLE performance with DIRECTX11 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, just like Mantle.
Except Nvidia improved more than 1 game.

I would add that this is also a "Beta" driver and Nvidia says there will be more optimizations in the WHQL driver. Seems AMD gets a pat on the back for Mantle and 2 games (BF4 - Thief), on R9 cards only (thus far) while Nvidia gets a lot of, "its all hype" on using DX optimizations and multiple games.

While it seems we can thank AMD for lighting a fire under MS and Nvidia ass thanks to Mantle, I think people need to be more realistic here. What's the likelihood "Mantle" will be widely adopted number one with MS now in the game, and number 2, how many current games are likely to get a "Mantle patch"?

Edit: Also it seems a lot of people have completely forgotten about AMD's frame pacing issue a year ago. They need their own API because their drivers have a history of being poor.

Ah well, nothing for the GTX 600 series. Moving along

Why do you say that? Because its not on the release notes? Its DX optimizations, technically it should benefit 6xx and perhaps lower cards.

Last edited:
Ah well, nothing for the GTX 600 series. Moving along

600 series are included as also are included 500 series.. as far i know its a DX optimization for fermi, kepler and maxwell... i've personally tested in 2 different rigs with a 660TI and a 670 both have not a huge FPS boost, but yes a good and nice stable FPS average much more smooth gameplay with way less frame rate drops, so the average being pretty similar in many cases with just couple of FPS gain its just part of the history the other its the stability of the FPS.. only issue i found until now its in my brother i5 2500K + 660TI with skyrim with are couple of bugs when opening/closing doors if just like parts of the maps just doesn't load at all.. however after system reboot was all fine..

Benchmarks found so far:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidi...-equivalent-to-amds-mantle-performance-boost/

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Nvidi...-sGeforce-Treiber-33750-gegen-Mantle-1116527/

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/geforce_337_50_beta_sli_performance_benchmarks.html

Please add to the thread if someone finds more benchmarks from sites. :)

Tried myself some quick benches before I changed the drivers:
Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, GTX 780 @ 1045mhz [email protected] 1080P

Sleeping dogs/all maxed: Min 39 avg 63,9 max 88 -> min 38,8 avg 64,2 max 97,5
Thief/all maxed: min 42,1 avg 61,9 max 82,1 -> min 44,6 avg 63,1 max 82,1
Tomb raider medium preset: min 136 avg 168 max 204 -> min 140 avg 172 max 208

Not so much change, but I did look through the whole benchmark on Sleeping dogs and it looked smoother under the new drivers, so perhaps the benchmarks doesn't tell the whole story. :)

Last edited:
Why do you say that? Because its not on the release notes? Its DX optimizations, technically it should benefit 6xx and perhaps lower cards.

Yeah, I said that because it wasn't on the release notes. But I get it now. Thanks for explaining.

600 series are included as also are included 500 series.. as far i know its a DX optimization for fermi, kepler and maxwell... i've personally tested in 2 different rigs with a 660TI and a 670 both have not a huge FPS boost, but yes a good and nice stable FPS average much more smooth gameplay with way less frame rate drops, so the average being pretty similar in many cases with just couple of FPS gain

Ah, thanks for the clarification. :D

These are WAY better for my 780 SLi setup in BF4 with 3 screens. Way way better. Very impressed so far.

This driver completely hoses my system. I do the upgrade, and all I get is a blank screen. Tried installing three diff ways... No dice. Back to the 335 driver.

This driver completely hoses my system. I do the upgrade, and all I get is a blank screen. Tried installing three diff ways... No dice. Back to the 335 driver.

Probably corrupted installer (its always the same with most people.. sadly) re-download and re-install you should be fine, also be sure to select "custom" installation not the "express" option.. And check the box "make a correct installation" that will restart the nvidia control panel options and game profiles (second major cause in driver bugs).. This drivers are working great in all my machines so give it another try.. :)

Does anyone else have a problem installing Nvidia drivers (any release in the last 4 months) with shadowplay enabled? If I don't 'disable' shadowplay before upgrading drivers, release or beta drivers, the install 'blue screens' my machine with the error 'system_thread_exception_not_handled'. If I turn off shadowplay before the update it seems to work ok.... Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.... (machine in my sig)

EDITed for clarity....

Back