nVidia GameWorks/StreamWorks and the Pentium AE - What Features Are Available?

PGHammer

2[H]4U
I'll be doing the final stage of the upgrade (replacing GTX550Ti with EVGA GTX750Ti Superclocked) this week (barring last-minute snags), and I have two questions about nVidia GameWorks/Streamworks in tandem with the Pentium AE (AKA Pentium G3258).

1. According to the documentation, StreamWorks requires a Core i3 CPU or greater; does the G3258 (either stock or overclocked) end-run this requirement?

2. If it does NOT end-run this requirement, what is the best alternative for local capture for later streaming with third-party software?

3. With OR without StreamWorks, I'll be doing local capture first, then editing, then either streaming to Twitch or uploading to YT - what are the preferred codecs and other settings for Twitch/YouTube?

Thanks in advance.

Well you can use OBS to capture in 3 different ways.
1. It has direct Nvidia support so you can capture using video card like ShadowPlay does.
2. Of course you can just use your CPU cores like FRAPS would to capture also.
3. But the best way for you might be to try the Intel QuickSync option. It uses the video section of Intel CPUs to capture up to 1080p 30fps video. It doesn't typically looks as good as a CPU capture, but you've only got 2 cores in the first place so this might equal out!
It does streaming and local capture regardless of your choice above.
Supports Win 7/8, OSX 10.8+, and Linux

Here is an example of QuickSync recording.

raptr (dot) com/TinyDino/news/53d67283036a484c36/improvements-to-amd-gaming-evolved-gameplay-capture-and-sharing
Also the AMD Raptr app just added in Nvidia GeForce 600/700 GPU support. It is more simplistic to use than OBS, but the results with using your Nvidia card to capture should be the same as OBS. The initial setup is easier, but OBS just has so many options to tweak that I keep going back to it. AMD Raptr app is really easy to use though and outputs a perfect .mp4 for Youtube or you can just stream directly to Twitch.tv.

Last edited:
Back