Nvidia Game Don't Works Latest Victim. Batman Arkham Knight

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Video explains in great detail exactly what you will get performance wise if you try to run Batman Arkham Knight with GTX 980 SLi paired with an Intel i7-5820k. Skip to the 7 minute mark for SLi optimizations and how they impact performance.

Batman Arkham Knight PC Performance Review | Worst Port EVER!?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBiX1ZCdo0s&sns=tw

Rock, Paper, Shotgun video on how it runs on the PC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=37KpOYVrLZM

Rock, Paper, Shotgun article on the game.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...s-batman-arkham-knight-is-a-mess/#more-297141

Rocksteady and "external PC development partner" investigating Batman: Arkham Knight performance issues
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ating-batman-arkham-knight-performance-issues

Batman: Arkham Knight is why Steam refunds were so necessary.
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8832209/batman-arkham-knight-refunds-steam-valve

AMD And Nvidia Users Reporting Serious Problems With PC Version Of 'Batman: Arkham Knight'
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...ot-garbage-amd-and-nvidia-users-both-unhappy/

What is your performance like in this game? If running SLi are you happy with Nvidia's performance in one of their most anticipated titles that they helped to co-develop features for? Should Nvidia try a little more?

Worst thing is that the game runs perfectly fine on consoles running ancient AMD APUs.

Well this could be two things.
Gameworks probably added to it but the team that did the port was small, 12 members small.
iron_galaxy_batman.jpg

No wonder it was included as a free copy for people who bought the 980 Ti... I couldn't imagine what would happen if you actually paid for a half-baked product, literally... since you're locked at 30 FPS.

Luckily, there's a workaround for that, LOL

It runs like shit on everyone's PC, AMD or NVIDIA. They outsourced the PC port to a third party, which is my guess as to why it runs so poorly.

This game runs like shit on Nvidia and AMD hardware; get out AMD troll.

Quite frankly, Gameworks is the only good thing about this release. The smoke effects look amazing.

Sad to see such a great fanchise ruined on its last game so badly even though I don't care for playing it.

WB can't do shit right, their Mortal Kombat X release for PC was horrid and my PS4 game saves were "lost" due to WB bullshit networking issues. Fuck em

WB has historically had excellent PC releases so I don't understand what happened to them this year.

Ubisoft did a better job with Assassin's Creed Unity.

Quite frankly, Gameworks is the only good thing about this release. The smoke effects look amazing.

What am I trolling about. I'm just warning [H]ardocp readers about the game. If I'm trolling then the entire Steam community that bought the game are trolls. Look at the reviews man.

Mostly Negative out of 3,619 reviews
http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

I'm just calling a spade a spade. This is Rocksteady and Nvidia's playground. Just because it runs like shit on AMD and Nvidia hardware doesn't mean that it's fine. I expect more from developers. Sorry if you accept less.

hP9cp3T.png

Funny thing... The WB Montreal Office is in the same building where I work and I have to walk pass it when I go to the other building that I also work in. The vast majority of those that I see through the bay windows are 18-21 hipster looking dudes and dudettes who look bored as hell. They're all packed like sardines side by side on cafeteria type tables working like drones.

This game running like shit has nothing to do with Nvidia Gameworks.

Funny thing... The WB Montreal Office is in the same building where I work and I have to walk pass it when I go to the other building that I also work in. The vast majority of those that I see through the bay windows are 18-21 hipster looking dudes and dudettes who look bored as hell. They're all packed like sardines side by side on cafeteria type tables working like drones.

You pretty much described any modern "tech" based business here in Seattle.

While I do agree that the port is dogshit, the review that op listed shows that you take 10-15 fps hits for that smoke and more fps hits for the other gameworks features, on 980ti Nvidia cards. It looks really nice but you will pay with fps for that nice.

That is pretty bad not even considering how bad the game is in general. The settings menu has AA on or AA off. That is just nuts for a modern title.

Since 12 people worked on the port, from the looks of it, that can also explain why the minimum AMD specs were not shown until a day before release. All the devs had rigs with 980ti's LOL

While I do agree that the port is dogshit, the review that op listed shows that you take 10-15 fps hits for that smoke and more fps hits for the other gameworks features, on 980ti Nvidia cards. It looks really nice but you will pay with fps for that nice.

That is pretty bad not even considering how bad the game is in general. The settings menu has AA on or AA off. That is just nuts for a modern title.

Since 12 people worked on the port, from the looks of it, that can also explain why the minimum AMD specs were not shown until a day before release. All the devs had rigs with 980ti's LOL

That's exactly why I started the thread. Thank you for taking the time to watch the video and comment. :)

Well considering he's bound to get over 60 FPS @ 3840 X 2160 on his 4K TV that won't be a problem will it? :D

This game running like shit has nothing to do with Nvidia Gameworks.

Maybe not, but We don't know. It's just that gameworks titles seem to give a lot more trouble on release than other games.

Coincidence? or just bad luck.

Or maybe gamework titles should get a few extra days in testing before been released.

Runs decent for me for the most part except while driving bat mobile and lots of debris.

Did they fix the sil problem already?
I saw from the review that the cape and bat mobile are the main fps drops.

A lot of these game programmers can't even seem to program straight DX11 correctly, let alone throwing extra middleware API's on top of that.

It runs like dogshit on 980 Ti's too.

But anyways, that's the entire purpose of Gameworks. To provide OPTIONAL impressive eye candy features that require significant GPU power so that people who spent $650+ on their graphics cards can actually enjoy them.

The only people I see getting butthurt over Gameworks are idiots on budget GPUs who wonder why this optional setting they just turned on taxes their cards so hard. Gameworks was never meant for budget GPUs. They were always meant to be optional GPU intensive features to take advantage of some of that extra horsepower high-end PC gamers have lying around on every new AAA game because they're built for 1.8 TFLOPs consoles. A PC gamer with a 11 TFLOP 980 Ti SLI machine has a lot of extra horsepower to play around with that games don't take advantage of normally.

PS4 version actually looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcV6LWVDaw

You'll see in that vid, the PC is lacking AO

The PC version of this game is garbage but to claim that the console peasants' versions are somehow superior is ridiculous. I'll take 4K resolution and Gameworks effects over the PeasantStation 4's 1080p/30 FPS any day.

As bad as this PC port is it still goes on the pile of "Bad PC ports that are still superior to the console peasant originals" alongside Saints Row 2, GTA IV, Dead Rising 3, etc.

The developers were pressed for time on the PC port too, I have two friends that are artists and level designers for that game and they were down to the wire before launch. So I do expect a patch to resolve many issues for this game. Blame the publisher if you want on this one not nV or AMD for the poor performance.

PS4 version actually looks better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BcV6LWVDaw

You'll see in that vid, the PC is lacking AO

Agreed, played the Xbox version and it works fantastic compared to what I'm seeing from the PC port.

The developers were pressed for time on the PC port too, I have two friends that are artists and level designers for that game and they were down to the wire before launch. So I do expect a patch to resolve many issues for this game. Blame the publisher if you want on this one not nV or AMD for the poor performance.

I know they were working very, very hard, for many there WB pushed as many hours onto them as they were allowed to for the in-studio workers it was crazy. But that doesn't explain the clusterfuck the subbed-out PC version is. Art and levels go nearly straight between versions.

Gameworks= games malware

+ 1,000,000,000,000 and more

Well now that the consoles are x86 we shouldn't have any problems w/ PC ports anymore.

...ohh, wait...

This is why we need Steam Machines to be the predominant console.

It runs like dogshit on 980 Ti's too.

But anyways, that's the entire purpose of Gameworks. To provide OPTIONAL impressive eye candy features that require significant GPU power so that people who spent $650+ on their graphics cards can actually enjoy them.

The only people I see getting butthurt over Gameworks are idiots on budget GPUs who wonder why this optional setting they just turned on taxes their cards so hard. Gameworks was never meant for budget GPUs. They were always meant to be optional GPU intensive features to take advantage of some of that extra horsepower high-end PC gamers have lying around on every new AAA game because they're built for 1.8 TFLOPs consoles. A PC gamer with a 11 TFLOP 980 Ti SLI machine has a lot of extra horsepower to play around with that games don't take advantage of normally.

People have a right to be concerned.

History: “Intel has engaged in a deliberate campaign to hamstring competitive threats to its monopoly,” Richard A. Feinstein, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Competition.

Today: A 660 2gb is the same minimum spec as 7950 3gb. Due to games utilizing the Nvidia SDK which apparently makes a 660=7950. This is not the only game where AMD cards are crippled by gameworks sdk.

History: Intel was under litigation for anti competitive related things when it had a market share of 85%
Today: Nvidia is probably at 80% of the market share and from the looks of it going for more.

Today: On the CPU side of things we enjoy a nice 5% bump in performance over the previous iteration. And then get a refresh of the same chip over clocked to the max as the next iteration.

The Future: History only repeats itself.

Last edited:
I know they were working very, very hard, for many there WB pushed as many hours onto them as they were allowed to for the in-studio workers it was crazy. But that doesn't explain the clusterfuck the subbed-out PC version is. Art and levels go nearly straight between versions.

Well they were telling me how much over time they were doing before launch, for an artist to stay on till launch just shows how down to the wire it was. The reason why they were still there, is because the level designers usually make the level scripts, they don't need a programmer involved.

History: Intel was under litigation for anti competitive related things when it had a market share of 85%
Today: Nvidia is probably at 80% of the market share and from the looks of it going for more.

FWIW according to the Steam stats Intel is the #1 company for gaming GPUs, by far.

FWIW according to the Steam stats Intel is the #1 company for gaming GPUs, by far.

Make sure you buy one when AMD falls behind LOL :p

OH wait a second we all use discrete GPU's funny thing the difference between those and Intel integrated GPU's

Back