NVIDIA Finds Lost Titan Xp Performance

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Competition is a great thing, but you have to ask yourself, "How do you speed up an application by 300%?" Thank you AMD. I am sure that new Radeon Pro cards had nothing to do with this.

Our latest driver — available today — delivers 3x more performance in applications like Maya to help you create and design faster than ever.

Now if we can get NVIDIA's marketing team to learn how to name and label its high end cards so it is not a totally confusing flustercuck. Also interestingly, NVIDIA has refused our requests for a review card.

Funny thing is they agreed to send 2 of these to jayz2cents for a pc build for Terry Crews, though apparently it took a bit of arguing with nvidia stating they were "deep learning cards" and not gaming cards. That's despite the big illuminated "GEFORCE GTX" on the top of it. :confused:

Its funny how full of shit these companies are, when it suits their agenda in claiming fastest gpu its a gaming card, but apparently not enough of one to send to reviewers.

Last edited:
Are these certified drivers? If not several experts frequenting the AMD Flavor forum will be quick to point out that no serious business would touch these with a 10 foot poll. There is absolutely no market for prosumer cards. Pure gimmick :troll:

Are these certified drivers? If not several experts frequenting the AMD Flavor forum will be quick to point out that no serious business would touch these with a 10 foot poll. There is absolutely no market for prosumer cards. Pure gimmick :troll:

Exactly. Sure they enabled the performance but still not the same as workstation cards with certified workstation drivers. So for hobbyists this would be great.

If there is no shens on this... a bit of a sad statement too, as to how do fail and have a 300% inefficiency in your software.... I guess drivers are complicated beasts.

Funny thing is they agreed to send 2 of these to jayz2cents for a pc build for Terry Crews, though apparently it took a bit of arguing with nvidia stating they were "deep learning cards" and not gaming cards. That's despite the big illuminated "GEFORCE GTX" on the top of it. :confused:

Its funny how full of shit these companies are, when it suits their agenda in claiming fastest gpu its a gaming card, but apparently not enough of one to send to reviewers.

So Terry Crews can't buy his own fuckin video cards? If I was nVidia would would have said "fuck off, you want us to give you 2 $1000+ video cards just because he's Terry Crews? Go buy two 1080Ti for your gaming rig. Cheap ass."

So Terry Crews can't buy his own fuckin video cards? If I was nVidia would would have said "fuck off, you want us to give you 2 $1000+ video cards just because he's Terry Crews? Go buy two 1080Ti for your gaming rig. Cheap ass."

Lol. You have no idea how much more money they can make from a little $2400 “donation”. The publicity is worth much more than that.

I think the point was not that Nvidia resisted providing the card for Terry Crews' PC (I think they were already on board to supply the cards for the build), but that they didn't want to go with the Xp because of how they were trying to market it.

Slightly off track with this but. . . .and I really know I'm going off the deep end with this. . .

After doing a lot of research on 10bit depth and learning about the whole quadro vs gtx tier feature separation I've begun to wonder about the reason why many lost the option with post WDDM 2.0. Was becuase it wasn't truly disabled as often reported before? At one time it was mentioned that some gtxs would get limited 10bit support. Never done it, but I suspect with some crafty EID changes, running 378.92, you could get Maya and other rendering programs to run a TI in 10bit. I mention all this in regards to NV being unwilling to give out review cards. If this was true they could have some class action suits against from those who shelled out the money for the titans or quadro's.

Its basically advertising for them, i get bored of seeing people who can easily afford this shit get it for nothing but nvidia were also trying to spin the "deep learning" bullshit there as well before changing their mind.

If nvidia really want to market these as "deep learning" cards then they might want to remove the illuminated geforce gtx logo off them, as last i looked geforce is their gaming cards name, Apparently that fact hasn't sunk into the marketing minions at nvidia.

You know what else would be nice? either stop including the stupid telemetry shit or at the very least, let me opt in.

Funny how nobody cares for this.

And that will be another reason to jump to AMD, they included a shortcut on the desktop with a driver update, everyone complained, they removed.

Good luck with nvidia listening in removing their spyware.

You know what else would be nice? either stop including the stupid telemetry shit or at the very least, let me opt in.

And that will be another reason to jump to AMD, they included a shortcut on the desktop with a driver update, everyone complained, they removed.

Extract drivers manually, delete all but - Display.Driver - HDAudio - NV12 - PhysX - eula - license - listdevices - setup.cfg - setup.exe. Then run the setup.

Except for that 30+ Titan cards owned by my previous program which uses them for CUDA development, TV walls, and some other heavy GPU work. They are far cheaper than buying either FireGL, Quadro, or Tesla cards.

And they do this all on a Linux platform as well.

Telemetry without Geforce Experience installed?

Funny thing is they agreed to send 2 of these to jayz2cents for a pc build for Terry Crews,

Yeah, after he posted his rant vid on why they released them at all. I guess free shit heals all wounds.

Except for that 30+ Titan cards owned by my previous program which uses them for CUDA development, TV walls, and some other heavy GPU work. They are far cheaper than buying either FireGL, Quadro, or Tesla cards.

And they do this all on a Linux platform as well.

I was referring to a lot of FUD that got spread when Vega FE was faster than Titan in pro apps.

I know this is a [H]ard core place and stuff, but those steps provide a very lousy customer experience and honestly, as a customer, if you have an option of another company providing a similar product with with a way better experience, I should talk with my money, instead of making excuses for them.
Sorry, just trying to help you with your issue. Vote with your wallet.

Slightly off track with this but. . . .and I really know I'm going off the deep end with this. . .

After doing a lot of research on 10bit depth and learning about the whole quadro vs gtx tier feature separation I've begun to wonder about the reason why many lost the option with post WDDM 2.0. Was becuase it wasn't truly disabled as often reported before? At one time it was mentioned that some gtxs would get limited 10bit support. Never done it, but I suspect with some crafty EID changes, running 378.92, you could get Maya and other rendering programs to run a TI in 10bit. I mention all this in regards to NV being unwilling to give out review cards. If this was true they could have some class action suits against from those who shelled out the money for the titans or quadro's.

You can't sue someome based on a lower card being locked out from features if they were never promised, if I am reading your post right. Unless it's a promised feature and it isn't working.

I know this is a [H]ard core place and stuff, but those steps provide a very lousy customer experience and honestly, as a customer, if you have an option of another company providing a similar product with with a way better experience, I should talk with my money, instead of making excuses for them.

Yes, even the plain drivers installer comes with the telemetry crap by default and it doesnt warn the user.

But for some reason, the blind love that nvidia gets in this site is mind-boggling.

So much salt.. Two mouse clicks with autoruns.exe to remove NV telemetry, and I have the fastest gaming card on the planet.

My love blindly goes for whatever gives me the best performance, and until AMD decides they want to compete again (Vega is a joke), that will continue to be Nvidia.

Just like the 1080....there is a lot more there but lets don't make it better, then the ti $300 extra profit won't be 30% faster.
I trust them about as much as I trust microsoft.

I have long suspected that Nvida holds performance in reserve by deploying sub par drivers on purpose and later release the optimized versions. That or their QA is just shit.

They make it sound like they have specific drivers just for the Titan Xp. However I can only find the latest "GeForce" drivers 384.94. Are these the new improved drivers? Want to try the unity benchmark (only thing I can try on my lunch break) to see if there is any difference.

They should go with Capcom's naming conventions instead.
13bf67113ac9d7e5cc744caf677c8a941402334176_full.jpg
Oh my god.

That's fucking funny.

They make it sound like they have specific drivers just for the Titan Xp. However I can only find the latest "GeForce" drivers 384.94. Are these the new improved drivers? Want to try the unity benchmark (only thing I can try on my lunch break) to see if there is any difference.

It's under Beta drivers, but Guru3D mentions it appears to be WHQL signed. You can download it there, as well. I don't think it's going to do anything for gaming, but some of the creation/business stuff seem to take advantage.

I also don't know if the increases in the "business" features only work on Xp, or if the 2016 Titan X Pascal and 1080Ti will benefit as well. The driver is listed to work on all the usual GPU suspects, but are the extra features enabled on anything but the Xp? I don't know.

I was referring to a lot of FUD that got spread when Vega FE was faster than Titan in pro apps.

And that's why Nvidia did this. If AMD had benched the Vega FE against a Quadro, probably nothing would have come from Nvidia. But when they went up against the lowly Xp, the gloves came off.

Last edited:
My love blindly goes for whatever gives me the best performance, and until AMD decides they want to compete again (Vega is a joke), that will continue to be Nvidia.

The "impartiality" of your statement is lost by you claiming Vega to be a joke, when the product isn't even released or tested!

Though, if you are consistent, I suppose you consider the 1070, 1080, and 1080Ti to be jokes, since they do not give as good performances as the TitanXP.

Yes, even the plain drivers installer comes with the telemetry crap by default and it doesnt warn the user.

But for some reason, the blind love that nvidia gets in this site is mind-boggling.
Radeon does the same thing through its raptr telemetry, just to note.

Radeon does the same thing through its raptr telemetry, just to note.
Actually, no, it gave you rewards when you left it open meanwhile you played your games (fishy, but not hidden, like nvidia telemetry, which takes your info and doesnt give you shit back).

Also, that stopped last year.

https://raptr.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000027813

Very few realize the kind of reach that nvidia currently has with their telemetry crap, is running with the same privileges as drivers. Facebook and Google would kill for that kind of access to your data.

And to clarify, I currently have a 970 and had a 560 before.

People (in general) need to stop this blind loyalty to corporations.

Actually, no, it gave you rewards when you left it open meanwhile you played your games (fishy, but not hidden, like nvidia telemetry, which takes your info and doesnt give you shit back).

Also, that stopped last year.

https://raptr.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000027813

Very few realize the kind of reach that nvidia currently has with their telemetry crap, is running with the same privileges as drivers. Facebook and Google would kill for that kind of access to your data.

And to clarify, I currently have a 970 and had a 560 before.

People (in general) need to stop this blind loyalty to corporations.

I mean... I don't care if Nvidia can see stuff on my PC.... But then again, I'm not the type of person that goes around and constantly worries about being spied on. I just kind of.. Live life.

The "impartiality" of your statement is lost by you claiming Vega to be a joke, when the product isn't even released or tested!

Vega FE numbers + AMD's silence on Vega 64 numbers, and deflecting questions about performance when pressed = pretty good composite for how benchmarks are going to look. Read between the lines.

I mean... I don't care if Nvidia can see stuff on my PC.... But then again, I'm not the type of person that goes around and constantly worries about being spied on. I just kind of.. Live life.

So you wouldn't mind if Nvidia sold that data to your insurance company which then raised your rates for living an "unhealthy" lifestyle of too much gaming and pr0n?

as much as amd's vega is late, I will probably still pick up a new Vega over a nvidia card simply because of nvidia's bullshit business practices.

ahhhhh that good old argument... "I have nothing to hide, blabla..."
You need to open your mind and think about how this information can be used by nV / gouv / anyone.

Basically, since this information exist, technically it can and WILL be accessible by anyone at some point... Yes maybe "maybe" nV will not use it for bad cause but as pictured above... you need to think deeper how this data can & WILL be used.

Back