Nvidia fiasco happening with beeg navi?

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
What if, lads?
Taco been thinking, if this is happening with nvidia's 30xx cards and bloody scalpers/bots are true cause, what will be different when beeg navi comes out and it's also a very good performer?

Will they also be snatched up from under us?
I've put adam jensen on the investigation.

As others have said to me way too often, do not confuse AMD the CPU company with AMD the GPU company.

That is, odds might be greater that the cure for COVID-19 is found in your blood (are you ready to run the maze?).

Their last few releases have had decent stock. Plus there are fewer people who want the cards.

If Nvidia is still OOS

AND Big Navi variants have good price/performance compared to the 3070/3080

Then you might see scalper/bot action. Otherwise, I would think you have a better chance of getting one as an average consumer.

I don't think you'll see as big of fiasco, BUT don't confuse the fiasco part with them not having limited stock ;). AMD is a much smaller share of the market, so the demand is likely to be less than nvidia had. So, if they even have 1/2 the cards as nvidia, their launch would not appear as a paper launch like the nvidia launch (they would need less than 1/3 the cards as nvidia to have a similar botched launch). Bots or no bots, if you have the cards for people to buy at MSRP, the scalpers won't be able to sell cards above MSRP, so they have no reason to buy them. Also, they have a little while after watching this debacle to put some bot protection in place (whether they actually are successful who knows, but they'd be smart to no release their check-out links and API for the new stuff until launch day, or change them at the last minute without letting anyone know). Just because they have this opportunity, doesn't mean they won't piss it away ;).

Back