Nvidia fails WHQL tests but Catalyst certified

LOL... Interesting indeed.

Too bad it came from Inq, othewise would be more interesting.

The Inq doesnt have THAT bad of results if you actually track them...

well they failed in the fx driver set, don't know why they even modify drivers for the fx, its a hopeless cause.

rancor said:
well they failed in the fx driver set, don't know why they even modify drivers for the fx, its a hopeless cause.

Agreed, but you can't just alienate all the people with fx cards. Not to mention the 5200 is still NVs agp cost card.

they don't need to alienate them, just leave them as is, there are very little issues with thier fx drivers anyways.

Just stop supporting the fx series in future driver releases? We both know nv is not going to break their unified driver and new issues are going to come up with the fx series. I don’t think it is that simple. It would be one thing if we were talking about a series of cards that were 2 or 3 gens old but the fx series was last gen. Even then, the 6x00 series has some whql problems; so dropping the fx line would not even get them up to spec.

101998 said:
Just stop supporting the fx series in future driver releases? We both know nv is not going to break their unified driver and new issues are going to come up with the fx series. I don’t think it is that simple. It would be one thing if we were talking about a series of cards that were 2 or 3 gens old but the fx series was last gen. Even then, the 6x00 series has some whql problems; so dropping the fx line would not even get them up to spec.

There has been 2 drivers up till now that were whql certified for the 6800 line 61.76 and 65.78, there really has been no real issues with the gf 6 line getting certification. And I think the 66.31's were also, don't remember though never used those.

Back