Nvidia Drivers 460.79 Cyberpunk 2077 drivers

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Our newest Game Ready Driver brings optimal support in the ray-traced and DLSS-enhanced Cyberpunk 2077.

Additionally, today’s driver includes support for Minecraft with RTX for Windows 10, which is now available to all Windows 10 gamers as part of the main Bedrock build on the Windows 10 Store. With a GeForce RTX GPU you can enable glorious path-traced visuals, and boost performance by more than double with NVIDIA DLSS.

And last but not least, there’s support for new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors, and updates for 4 new games that now support DLSS .

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-game-ready-driver

To download and install our new Game Ready Driver, to get access to all this goodness, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Providing Feedback: This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only):

http://www.nvidia.com/support

To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes:

NVIDIA Display Driver Form - https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

The following FAQ provides useful tips on how to best provide feedback when reporting an issue: How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141

Release Notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/460.79/460.79-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Open Issues:

• [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game. [3152190]
  • [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]
  • [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. [200667477]
  • [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
  • [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
  • [G-Sync][Vulkan Apps]: Performance drop occurs when using G-SYNC and switching from full-screen mode to windowed mode using the in-game settings. [200681477] To workaround, either launch the game in windowed mode directly or disable G-SYNC.
  • [GeForce RTX 3070][Clone Mode]: When the resolution is set to 2560x1440 @ 144Hz, the performance state is stuck at maximum performance. [200678414]
  • [NVIDIA Turing or later][Windows Movies and TV Player]: When playing a 4k video in fullscreen mode on a 2560x1440 HDR monitor, the video extends beyond the edge of the screen. [3186830]

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

usually game-day drivers are just marketing BS but this time it might actually provide some real performance improvement...

usually game-day drivers are just marketing BS but this time it might actually provide some real performance improvement...

Sometimes they fix old games so it seems that way. Like last week they fixed Sunset Overdrive and that game is from 2014.

I reverted back to the set from last week this set makes my eyes hurt and blury in WIn 10.

They still haven't fixed the issue with Steam VR. That's going on months now.

In my limited testing it beats out the last driver I used which was a regression from the pervious driver.

SOTTR 460.79: 10156 Frames 64.6 FPS
SOTTR 457.30: 9858 Frames 62.7 FPS
SOTTR 456.71: 9868 Frames 62.7 FPS

Hitman 2 460.79: 107.58 FPS
Hitman 2 457.30: 104.51 FPS
Hitman 2 456.71: 107.46 FPS

Port Royal 460.79: 12835
Port Royal 457.30: 12760
Port Royal 456.71: 12737

Deus Ex MD 460.79: 74.1 FPS
Deus Ex MD 457.30: 73.6 FPS
Deus Ex MD 456.71: 74.3 FPS

Last edited:
I reverted back to the set from last week this set makes my eyes hurt and blury in WIn 10.
What would cause that? Is it anything to do with the new Color Accuracy mode? They may have added some new features that may still be semi-experimental, I haven't read the release notes too much but did find this.
1607528380100.png

Something that causes blur may be related to the scaling options though, everything there looks the same to me.

Think it's simple convergence issue with my Google browser I'm using a 2011 monitor for my main monitor still with a DVI to DP adapter.I probably wouldn't have any problems if I didn't update my GPU to a 3070.

These cause an old DX9 game, WoTLK on a private server, to be a jittery, stuttery mess. This is likely due to the power management modes now being either "normal" or "prefer maximum performance." I used to run Adaptive and didn't have this issue with previous drivers with my 3090. I will try a DDU clean and reinstall, but I have no hope that that will fix this issue.

I've not tested any newer games yet as I've got to get going.

I'm on 441.87 and it has Max Frame Rate as an option in the control panel. Its been there for a while. I plan on not changing drivers at all and running Cyberpunk later tonight to see how it goes. If its ass then I'll try the game day driver.

I'm on 441.87 and it has Max Frame Rate as an option in the control panel. Its been there for a while. I plan on not changing drivers at all and running Cyberpunk later tonight to see how it goes. If its ass then I'll try the game day driver.
The new function is for BACKGROUND app max FPS. So, say you have two instances of WoW running - top one can have a max FPS cap, and now the background one can have a really low one to interfere less with the topmost one.

I think Windows 10, by default, limits background apps to 30. Now you can make it 1.

Introduces a really irritating occasional flicker. It's driving me insane.

New Issues:

[1080 Ti]: Monitor may show corruption/flicker after driver update [3200599]

I'm getting Event Id 4101, aka TLER with these drivers. Random screen blackouts, and even reboots. Rolling back to 457.30.

I'm seeing odd issues related to remote desktop with these drivers.
On a clean boot connecting to my machine over RDP works fine.
If I first log in locally, then later make connection using RDP, I get black screen or redraw issues in the remote session and have to restart the machine.

I'm going to wait on another version. There's enough weird glitches like missing options and high idle power usage that bug the hell out of me just for a few more fps. Cyberpunk is hitting a consistent mid 70's for me on my rig, inside and outside which is pretty playable. Reminds me of watch dogs legion fps. I have everything turned on high/ultra except psycho rt setting, chromatic and film grain off and dlss at quality. Game looks amazing. CPU usage is at 54% which is pretty good for the 5600x.

Back