Nvidia Drivers 445.75

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Last edited:
I tired them you can do a clean install if you check mark clean install if you opt out of the express install and do a manual install.
This takes a very long time to install like 10 minutes.
Had problems with the colors resetting but I went under the color profile manager and combined with system defaults and it actually worked.

Last edited:
Did anyone have trouble with these drivers and HDR?

Everything was super bright and washed out... gave up trying to figure it out. Went back to the previous release and HDR was perfect again.

Updated to these, now I have the magical "monitor flickers every once in a while for no reason" that I've had with various nvidia installs over the past couple years.

Anyone have issues with losing HD audio coming out of suspend mode? With the hd audio driver - 1.3.38.26 packaged with 445.75, I get no audio from my monitor once it comes out of sleep mode. Works fine initially, but once the monitor goes to sleep and wakes up again - no audio. Going back to driver package 442.74 or just manually rolling back to hd driver 1.3.38.21 solves the problem. Tested this on two separate systems.

I did a clean install of these drivers after uninstalling and running DDU.
My computer refused to POST. Nothing.
Error code 42 if I recall.
Nothing would fix it, even CMOS reset and PSU unplug.
Luckily, my last effort worked. Had to pull all my drives out and disconnect all usb and video cords plus PSU then reconnect.
I havent the faintist idea what happened, but everything works now.

Luckily, my last effort worked. Had to pull all my drives out and disconnect all usb and video cords plus PSU then reconnect.

Should have nothing to do with your bios/ability to post. I'd keep an eye out for potential psu or mobo failure.

DDU can sometimes do more harm that good, especially on UEFI enabled systems.. as a large part of the UEFI Fast boot is stored in the GPU.. only use DDU when you have a problem with drivers, if there is no problem don't use it.. nowadays both AMD and Nvidia "clean" driver install process is good enough, safe and issues free 99% of the time.. you can install drivers top over the other and won't be issues 99% of the scenarios, for the other 1% just DDU..

But on your issue everything point to UEFI Data.

DDU can sometimes do more harm that good, especially on UEFI enabled systems.. as a large part of the UEFI Fast boot is stored in the GPU.. only use DDU when you have a problem with drivers, if there is no problem don't use it.. nowadays both AMD and Nvidia "clean" driver install process is good enough, safe and issues free 99% of the time.. you can install drivers top over the other and won't be issues 99% of the scenarios, for the other 1% just DDU..

But on your issue everything point to UEFI Data.
I've never had an issue using DDU and I have fast boot enabled.

445.78 hotfix driver here, no issues.

(after a DDU/safe-mode clean install of course)

DDU seems to be a bit of a split opinion thing.

Personally I never had to use it (knock on wood). Even after a Nv > AMD > Nv switch.
I admit to not using the "Clean Install" option all the time either.

A lot of variables here I guess, so experiences vary...

Same, I limit the use 3rd party "tools" to a minimum.
Never had any issues, the K.I.S.S. principle works like a charm for me (for +30 years)

EDIT:
Infact I suspect a lot of issues that arise from in forums is people have their OS filled with 3rd party "tools", I have seen horribad examples on rigs I have fixed, where people have all kind of weird "tools/gadets" being the underlying issue and not the manufactors hardware or drivers.
People are stupid that kind of way.

Last edited:
DDU seems to be a bit of a split opinion thing.

Personally I never had to use it (knock on wood). Even after a Nv > AMD > Nv switch.
I admit to not using the "Clean Install" option all the time either.

A lot of variables here I guess, so experiences vary...

I've installed geforce driver updates on top of the old ones for many years now to preserve my custom driver profiles and I've probably only run into a couple of hiccups at most. These days, I just update through GFE without fuss.

I've installed geforce driver updates on top of the old ones for many years now to preserve my custom driver profiles and I've probably only run into a couple of hiccups at most. These days, I just update through GFE without fuss.

Same...never used DDU...just install the new driver = working setup for me.

Back