Nvidia Drivers 445.75

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
15,172
Last edited:

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
15,172
I tired them you can do a clean install if you check mark clean install if you opt out of the express install and do a manual install.
This takes a very long time to install like 10 minutes.
Had problems with the colors resetting but I went under the color profile manager and combined with system defaults and it actually worked.
 
Last edited:

III_Slyflyer_III

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 17, 2019
Messages
117
Did anyone have trouble with these drivers and HDR?

Everything was super bright and washed out... gave up trying to figure it out. Went back to the previous release and HDR was perfect again.
 

SunnyD

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
3,039
Updated to these, now I have the magical "monitor flickers every once in a while for no reason" that I've had with various nvidia installs over the past couple years.
 

Brian48

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
357
Anyone have issues with losing HD audio coming out of suspend mode? With the hd audio driver - 1.3.38.26 packaged with 445.75, I get no audio from my monitor once it comes out of sleep mode. Works fine initially, but once the monitor goes to sleep and wakes up again - no audio. Going back to driver package 442.74 or just manually rolling back to hd driver 1.3.38.21 solves the problem. Tested this on two separate systems.
 

magoo

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
14,411
I did a clean install of these drivers after uninstalling and running DDU.
My computer refused to POST. Nothing.
Error code 42 if I recall.
Nothing would fix it, even CMOS reset and PSU unplug.
Luckily, my last effort worked. Had to pull all my drives out and disconnect all usb and video cords plus PSU then reconnect.
I havent the faintist idea what happened, but everything works now.
 

Furious_Styles

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
1,805
I did a clean install of these drivers after uninstalling and running DDU.
My computer refused to POST. Nothing.
Error code 42 if I recall.
Nothing would fix it, even CMOS reset and PSU unplug.
Luckily, my last effort worked. Had to pull all my drives out and disconnect all usb and video cords plus PSU then reconnect.
I havent the faintist idea what happened, but everything works now.
Should have nothing to do with your bios/ability to post. I'd keep an eye out for potential psu or mobo failure.
 

Araxie

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 11, 2013
Messages
6,436
I did a clean install of these drivers after uninstalling and running DDU.
My computer refused to POST. Nothing.
Error code 42 if I recall.
Nothing would fix it, even CMOS reset and PSU unplug.
Luckily, my last effort worked. Had to pull all my drives out and disconnect all usb and video cords plus PSU then reconnect.
I havent the faintist idea what happened, but everything works now.
DDU can sometimes do more harm that good, especially on UEFI enabled systems.. as a large part of the UEFI Fast boot is stored in the GPU.. only use DDU when you have a problem with drivers, if there is no problem don't use it.. nowadays both AMD and Nvidia "clean" driver install process is good enough, safe and issues free 99% of the time.. you can install drivers top over the other and won't be issues 99% of the scenarios, for the other 1% just DDU..

But on your issue everything point to UEFI Data.
 

Armenius

Fully [H]
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
22,719
DDU can sometimes do more harm that good, especially on UEFI enabled systems.. as a large part of the UEFI Fast boot is stored in the GPU.. only use DDU when you have a problem with drivers, if there is no problem don't use it.. nowadays both AMD and Nvidia "clean" driver install process is good enough, safe and issues free 99% of the time.. you can install drivers top over the other and won't be issues 99% of the scenarios, for the other 1% just DDU..

But on your issue everything point to UEFI Data.
I've never had an issue using DDU and I have fast boot enabled.
 

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
7,717
445.78 hotfix driver here, no issues.

(after a DDU/safe-mode clean install of course)
 

Auer

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2018
Messages
1,769
DDU seems to be a bit of a split opinion thing.

Personally I never had to use it (knock on wood). Even after a Nv > AMD > Nv switch.
I admit to not using the "Clean Install" option all the time either.

A lot of variables here I guess, so experiences vary...
 

Factum

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
2,199
Same, I limit the use 3rd party "tools" to a minimum.
Never had any issues, the K.I.S.S. principle works like a charm for me (for +30 years)

EDIT:
Infact I suspect a lot of issues that arise from in forums is people have their OS filled with 3rd party "tools", I have seen horribad examples on rigs I have fixed, where people have all kind of weird "tools/gadets" being the underlying issue and not the manufactors hardware or drivers.
People are stupid that kind of way.
 
Last edited:

jologskyblues

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2017
Messages
140
DDU seems to be a bit of a split opinion thing.

Personally I never had to use it (knock on wood). Even after a Nv > AMD > Nv switch.
I admit to not using the "Clean Install" option all the time either.

A lot of variables here I guess, so experiences vary...

I've installed geforce driver updates on top of the old ones for many years now to preserve my custom driver profiles and I've probably only run into a couple of hiccups at most. These days, I just update through GFE without fuss.
 

Factum

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 24, 2014
Messages
2,199
I've installed geforce driver updates on top of the old ones for many years now to preserve my custom driver profiles and I've probably only run into a couple of hiccups at most. These days, I just update through GFE without fuss.
Same...never used DDU...just install the new driver = working setup for me.
 
Top