Nvidia drivers 430.86

Noticed something interesting in the release notes:

3D Vision

Beginning with Release 430, the NVIDIA driver no longer supports the following 3D Vision technologies and features:​
  • NVIDIA 3D Stereoscopic Driver, including the 3D Vision driver and USB (emitter) driver
  • NVAPI-based stereo APIs for Direct3D applications.
Surely there must be someone out there outraged by the news?! :p

Noticed something interesting in the release notes:

Surely there must be someone out there outraged by the news?! :p

Probably to keep the file size down I know one guy on the Nvidia forums was ticked he must be playing those older 3-D vision games.

Last edited:
It's one less box I have to uncheck I guess. I can just roll with the default install now.
If I still used 3DTV Play I'd probably be annoyed, but I haven't had a TV/monitor that could do 3D for years now. There aren't too many games with it baked in, either.

Probably to keep the file size down I know one guy on the Nvidia forums was ticked he must be playing those older 3-D vision games.

Yeah that's a good point. I sometimes wonder why they don't have a separate download that is driver only no extras if you want just the bare minimum.

Honestly, every time I installed the drivers I unchecked the 3D options.

Do any newer PC games even support 3D anymore? VR is the (niche) thing now (don't ask me why).

Honestly, every time I installed the drivers I unchecked the 3D options.

Do any newer PC games even support 3D anymore? VR is the (niche) thing now (don't ask me why).

VR simply has too many limitations in its current form. Its like 3D for movies, but for the PC world.

So you can no longer watch 3D movies on a TV via HDMI out? Whats the alternative?? I still bust out the 3D glasses every now and then.

3D Vision might not be a part of the Nvidia drivers anymore but it's still part of the default Nvidia driver install when you do a fresh install of Windows 10...I just did a fresh iso install of the 1903 update and it installs the 388 drivers...would have been nice if they defaulted to the latest drivers instead...

*and yes I do a custom install of the latest Nvidia drivers and remove the HD audio driver, 3D Vision and GeForce Experience but my point was that it would be nice if a clean install of the latest 1903 update came with the latest drivers

So you can no longer watch 3D movies on a TV via HDMI out? Whats the alternative?? I still bust out the 3D glasses every now and then.

3D support and Nvidia 3Dvision are not the same.. you can still watch your favorite 3D content in any 3D compatible TV and/or monitor. Nvidia 3D visión are for specific very old devices that require nvidia 3Dvision compatibility driver.. in example older benq XL2420TX series of monitors..

I have one and still 3D content still work with out issues.. I think IIRC since WDDM 1.3 there are native 3d stereoscopic support in Windows... and Windows 10 have native 3d content support so no worries there.

shocker another hotfix driver...430.97 Hotfix...

This Hotfix driver addresses the following:
  • Forza Horizon 4: Game may crash when driving through tunnels
  • Code 43 error when installing driver 430.64 on Windows 10 May 2019 Update system with Intel Sandy Bridge CPU
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4808
shocker another hotfix driver...430.97 Hotfix...

This Hotfix driver addresses the following:
  • Forza Horizon 4: Game may crash when driving through tunnels
  • Code 43 error when installing driver 430.64 on Windows 10 May 2019 Update system with Intel Sandy Bridge CPU
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4808

I had problems with that error code two sets ago along with Windows 1903 install which can be fixed if you do a clean install or chose to keep your personal files.

Three more "compatible" monitors, still not a single Samsung. Does anyone know if there's a reason why NVIDIA has certified monitors from nearly every other brand and manufacturer? I know many uncertified FreeSync monitors work just fine, it just seems strange to exclude the biggest name.

Three more "compatible" monitors, still not a single Samsung. Does anyone know if there's a reason why NVIDIA has certified monitors from nearly every other brand and manufacturer? I know many uncertified FreeSync monitors work just fine, it just seems strange to exclude the biggest name.
Seems that there are many reports of flickering with various Samsung monitors using G-SYNC. There can't be any kind of flickering or artifacting to be certified G-SYNC Compatible.

Seems that there are many reports of flickering with various Samsung monitors using G-SYNC. There can't be any kind of flickering or artifacting to be certified G-SYNC Compatible.

That's certainly the case with my C32HG70. What's strange is my Viotek GN32LD with the same panel works flawlessly with GSYNC. It must have to do with the backlight - the Viotek is probably using a no-frills W-LED, whereas the HG70 features the gimmicky "Quantum Dot" with short cycle PWM. It's not surprising there's so much flicker.

not specific to Samsung but here's a recent article which talks about the certification process...

Here’s why most monitors fail Nvidia’s ‘G-Sync Compatible’ testing

Only 5% of adaptive sync monitors Nvidia tested have made the cut...

https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-why-most-monitors-fail-nvidias-g-sync-compatible-testing/

Played a few weeks ago... I thought that my 2080 ti was broken but it was the game all along.

That's what I'm using as well. I was getting crashes galore (that I could reproduce) not long after it launched. That's long before they added any RTX stuff, Atmos, etc.
Looking at the Steam forums, it seems like many of the same issues are still there. They're better, but not fixed. Luckily the game also had no replay value. It opens with a killer tech demo to show off your PC, though.

Back