Nvidia drivers 384.76 out today

NVIDIA is being really scummy by delaying the search results, continuing their effort to try and get people to use GFE. But the download links are still live on their website. All the links below are working. There is no 32-bit driver for Windows 10, it appears.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/384.76/384.76-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/384.76/384.76-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/384.76/384.76-desktop-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe

Last edited:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/384.76/384.76-desktop-win10-32bit-international-whql.exe
You're just too quick for them Armenius

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Lawbreakers "Rise Up" Beta.

Game Ready VR
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Spider-man: Homecoming VR.

New Features
NVIDIA Control Panel: Added debug option in the Help menu.
Selecting this option removes all overclocking performance and power settings.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
FIFA 17

Fixed
*NVIDIA Control Panel**Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances*: Fixed a typo in the game name on the Stereoscopic 3D Compatibility page. *1441041*
*3DVision*: CPU bottleneck occurs when 3DVision is enabled. *1823627*
*GeForce GTX 1080/1070/1060**Prey (2*: Large amount of stuttering occurs throughout gameplay. *1902201*
*Gamestream**DirectX 12 titles*: DirectX 12 titles fail to capture when streaming. *1903492*
*Firefall*: The game does not run. *1911485*
*GeForce GTX 970**SLI**Norton 360*: SLI cannot be enabled unless Norton 360 is disabled or in Safe mode. *1919094*
*Doom 2016**Vulkan API*: Glitches occur when using the Vulkan API. *1935744*
*No Man's Sky**SLI*: Texture corruption appears in the game with SLI enabled.*200257478*
*Windows Store video app*: Video playback is choppy with V-Sync OFF. *200314351*

Windows 10 Issues
*VR Funhouse*: The game crashes upon hot-unplugging and then hot-plugging the HMD device. *200321374*
*GeForce GTX 1080 Ti**Sid Meier's Civilization VI**G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12*: Black corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene. *200283322*
*GeForce GTX 780/780 Ti**NieR:Automata*: The game freezes. *1892334*
*Notebook**GeForce GTX 970M**Tom Clancy's The Division Survival DLC*: Game crashes, pointing to ntdll.dll when changed to full-screen and to windowed full-screen. *200252894*
*Notebook**GeForce GTX 970M**ShadowPlay**For Honor*: The game silently may crash if the intro video is skipped while instant replay is on. *200247313*
*SLI**Notebook**GeForce GTX 970M**Gears of War 4*: Level loading may hang. *1826307*
*GeForce Experience*: Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a driver overinstall.
To workaround, perform a clean installation.
Error code 43 appears in the Device Manager after installing the driver with HDMI display connected. *200283276*
Driver install/overinstall requires a reboot. *1757931*

Windows 7 Issues
*GeForce GTX 1080* Battlefield 1 hangs when campaign loaded with Fast Sync enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel. *200254350*

Seems Resource Binding T3 was added as well for Pascal and Maxwell GPUs.

Fermi also seems to have DX12 support now for whatever reason that serves.

These are solid drivers unlike the last set that would reset the colors from control panel to whatever game you booted up.

Just to confirm Resource Binding support increased from Tier 2 to Tier 3.

Before:
rb2.png

After:
rb3.png

Translation??
Tier 3 allows access to the full heap when creating constant buffer and unordered access views to bind objects to. It theoretically allows an unlimited number of objects to be rendered in the frame by reducing the overhead required in the management of memory when applying shaders to objects and decreasing the amount of draw calls needed. It's one of the major improvements made in DX12 that I was personally excited for. Let's hope that we see games in the future taking advantage of it. We know that the new version of the Anvil engine being used in Assassin's Creed Origins will be taking advantage of Tier 3 resource binding based on a presentation made at GDC this year.

Fermi also seems to have DX12 support now for whatever reason that serves.

#BetterLateThanNever

My Radeon 5850 never got DX12 support but to be fair these are 7 year old cards (they get stomped by $150 cards now). Perhaps they still use some of the Fermi chips in embedded applications and just want to support the API for cross compatibility

Both this driver and the hotfix driver bring official DX12 (feature sets 11 and 11_1) to Fermi officially - WDDM 2.2 support also arrives. This comes in with rather surprising timing, as I was about to pull the trigger on a GTX1050Ti for my birthday - the only reason why I didn't is due to Amazon,com running out of stock - which immediately jacked up the price twenty-five percent - screw that. (Agreed - the GTX1050Ti is normally one OF those $150USD cards doing the beatdown on Fermi Ye Olde Reliable - at half the size and darn near half the power. I was looking specifically at the single-fan EVGA SC variant - dual-slot, but merely half the length of the EVGA GTX550Ti it will replace - and no 6-pin, either - despite it having four times the GPU RAM of its replacement. I'll wait until Amazon restocks.)

Both this driver and the hotfix driver bring official DX12 (feature sets 11 and 11_1) to Fermi officially - WDDM 2.2 support also arrives. This comes in with rather surprising timing, as I was about to pull the trigger on a GTX1050Ti for my birthday - the only reason why I didn't is due to Amazon,com running out of stock - which immediately jacked up the price twenty-five percent - screw that. (Agreed - the GTX1050Ti is normally one OF those $150USD cards doing the beatdown on Fermi Ye Olde Reliable - at half the size and darn near half the power. I was looking specifically at the single-fan EVGA SC variant - dual-slot, but merely half the length of the EVGA GTX550Ti it will replace - and no 6-pin, either - despite it having four times the GPU RAM of its replacement. I'll wait until Amazon restocks.)

Better be prepared for a very, VERY long wait, you will not be able to find those cards at correct price anytime soon, in fact you will have trouble finding anything lower than 1080Ti due the mining craze. (Again)

Better be prepared for a very, VERY long wait, you will not be able to find those cards at correct price anytime soon, in fact you will have trouble finding anything lower than 1080Ti due the mining craze. (Again)
Which makes exactly zero sense (GTX 1080 Ti, that is - either dollars and cents sense OR CPU pairing sense - why would I purchase a GTX1070, for that matter, to pair with a G3258 - or even a G4560) - as it is, merely a GTX 1050Ti is almost overkill in and of itself - there are exactly four games that it can drive that Fermi can't that are in my planned rota - and none are shooters (Forza 6 Apex, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 7 (upcoming) and ANNO 2205 (and the last is the only one I play today). In my case, the issue is lack of GPU RAM - period; not anything else.

Which makes exactly zero sense (GTX 1080 Ti, that is - either dollars and cents sense OR CPU pairing sense - why would I purchase a GTX1070, for that matter, to pair with a G3258 - or even a G4560) - as it is, merely a GTX 1050Ti is almost overkill in and of itself - there are exactly four games that it can drive that Fermi can't that are in my planned rota - and none are shooters (Forza 6 Apex, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 7 (upcoming) and ANNO 2205 (and the last is the only one I play today). In my case, the issue is lack of GPU RAM - period; not anything else.

lol you are reading wrong, very wrong im not telling you to buy a GTX 1080Ti.. I'm saying that due mining craze, nobody, you, me, or anyone else will be able find anything less than a 1080Ti at MSRP levels for a very large amount of time, people is mining with GTX 1070 and below which force people to buy GTX 1080 causing shortages of cards, not only on amazon but in every other else e-tailer stores and most physical retailer stores, it first started with AMD Cards then people found Nvidia cards also viable for mining and they started to buy massively, result: ALL prices in basically ALL segments of cards with the exception of the most expensive ones increased a large amount, with special emphasis on mid range cards with an acceptable hash performance/watt ratio.

Finally decided to update my drivers from the ancient 375.70's..

Downloaded the 348.80 hotfix, installed it right on top (no DDU etc), rebooted - ZERO issues.

Seems like a good driver set to me....

lol you are reading wrong, very wrong im not telling you to buy a GTX 1080Ti.. I'm saying that due mining craze, nobody, you, me, or anyone else will be able find anything less than a 1080Ti at MSRP levels for a very large amount of time, people is mining with GTX 1070 and below which force people to buy GTX 1080 causing shortages of cards, not only on amazon but in every other else e-tailer stores and most physical retailer stores, it first started with AMD Cards then people found Nvidia cards also viable for mining and they started to buy massively, result: ALL prices in basically ALL segments of cards with the exception of the most expensive ones increased a large amount, with special emphasis on mid range cards with an acceptable hash performance/watt ratio.

Said miner wars are deffo driving me buggy; I'm primarily an RTS gamer (ANNO 2205 in particular) but am looking at getting back into non-simmy racing games (Forza in particular, now that it has made the trip to PC), and normally the GTX 1050Ti is the sweet spot there, especially with low and midrange CPUs (from Pentium-G to i5 non-K (Intel LGA1150 and above). 4K is a non-issue (displays are still way too pricey there) and I'm not looking to go to DDR4, either (which leaving LGA1150 would force) - which leaves (other than the GPU upgrade) CPU upgrades as the only other option in the near term. VR? Please - if I go there *at all*, it would be either Daydream VR or Gear VR (especially since I have a Galaxy S7); however, because I'm astigmatic, that is as unlikely as the Maryland Terrapins making the Frozen Four.

Back