Nvidia Driver 158.18 does NOT remember my settings! Vista, 8800GTS with 158.18 Driver

Hello! I'm hoping that someone in this good forum can help. i've exhausted my options.

Using an 8800GTS 640 on a Vista 32 machine, 2 monitors. None of the previous Nvidia drivers would remember my color/brightness/gamma settings but they have promised that future drivers would and my friends all have installed this latest 158.18 driver and on THEIR computers, after each reboot, their computers and their Nvidia driver WOULD remember their settings.

in my case, the color/brightness/gamma settings are all NOT AUTOMATICALLY loaded up upon each reboot! only if i right clicked on the desktop, selected Nvidia, and selected any one of the adjustments (i.e. brightness or gamma), and the moment i highlight one of the adjustment "bars", my LCD's all remember my previous settings.

this is very annoying as each day when i boot up, it is as though the Nvidia completely forgot that i spent time to make adjustments!

What am i doing wrong?

i hope the good folks here can give me advice.

thank you very much in advance!

I have had the same problems with my machine. I am running Windows VIsta with an 8800GTX and the same drivers and have run across the same issue. I cannot save my AA settings at all. ANy help?

hi, may I ask what you mean by "AA settings"? thx!

i wonder why it seems like not that many people are having this problem? i can't imagine what i did! Others, and there are SO many others with the 8800 and this new driver, MUST have similar issues, right?

thx in advance.

my feeling about the ".24" version of their driver is that it only addresses issues that are not relevant to my situation, plus it's not the certified version, which the .18 version is.

since many have said that the "not remembering settings" is a "known issue", it seems like it will be addressed at a later date/by a later version.

the odd thing is: my friends' machines with the same .18 installed DOES remember his settings! how odd is that??!?

Back