Nvidia Control Panel Settings? Do you change anything?

Scheibler1

[H]ard|Gawd
So I just bought a 1080ti and use a 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. Should I change any of the nvidia control panel settings or leave them alone?

The setting carry over to most video games if you want them I have my extremely low to avoid being blasted by excess light from both my gaming and surfing monitor.
You usually can turn the gamma up in video games if you need to. If you like being blinded by excess light go ahead leave them alone =)

17 Brightness
15 Contrast

.54 gamma

They are higher for my gaming monitor or the monitor brightness is slightly higher.

I turn down the refresh rate in the resolution settings, as I don't find >120Hz necessary for desktop usage (this doesn't affect your G-Sync refresh rate in games). If you're not concerned about power usage or heat generated by your monitor, then this won't be a concern for you. I also enable G-Sync in widowed mode in the G-Sync settings, because why not?

Diagnostic data collection is on by default. If you'd prefer that type of info not be collected by NVidia, it can be disabled from the Help menu.

I set my desktop refresh rate to 120 Hz, and Preferred refresh rate in the 3D settings to Highest available. I have G-Sync enabled for both full screen and windowed applications, with V-Sync set to Fast in the 3D settings. I would keep Pre-rendered frames set to Application controlled, as setting it to the minimum can cause issues in some newer games.

Back