Nvidia Control Panel setting brightness to max when tabbing out of (some) games

ZacharyS

Gawd
For several weeks now anytime I tab out of certain games my brightness in the nvidia control panel is set to max. This does not happen in windowed mode games, only games in full screen that I tab out of, and even then not every game causes it.

League of Legends is the worst, because of the way the client launches the game it happens every time a match ends. I tried switching it to run windowed mode instead, but for some reason my FPS just absolutely tanks when I do that (I have a gsync monitor and in fullscreen it works great at 144 fps, but in windowed mode it usually hovers around half that for some reason). I have none of these issues in WoW or PubG, both run great and never effect my brightness. Killing floor 2 is similar to league though, anytime I tab out it sets the brightness of my main screen to max in the control panel.

Any hints as to what could be causing this? I googled around for it, but didn't really find anything related to what I am seeing. I pretty much just leave the control panel open at all times now on my other monitor, so its manageable, but its really annoying because I abuse the fact that I have multiple screens a lot and this is really annoying since every time I go to another screen in these games it makes everything look washed out and gross.

For several weeks now anytime I tab out of certain games my brightness in the nvidia control panel is set to max. This does not happen in windowed mode games, only games in full screen that I tab out of, and even then not every game causes it.

League of Legends is the worst, because of the way the client launches the game it happens every time a match ends. I tried switching it to run windowed mode instead, but for some reason my FPS just absolutely tanks when I do that (I have a gsync monitor and in fullscreen it works great at 144 fps, but in windowed mode it usually hovers around half that for some reason). I have none of these issues in WoW or PubG, both run great and never effect my brightness. Killing floor 2 is similar to league though, anytime I tab out it sets the brightness of my main screen to max in the control panel.

Any hints as to what could be causing this? I googled around for it, but didn't really find anything related to what I am seeing. I pretty much just leave the control panel open at all times now on my other monitor, so its manageable, but its really annoying because I abuse the fact that I have multiple screens a lot and this is really annoying since every time I go to another screen in these games it makes everything look washed out and gross.

Try the latest nvidia drivers two sets ago this happened all the time.

i have the same issue, it started happening after the creator's update.
things i have tried include turning off nightlight, game bar and game mode.
to remedy it, i change the screen to windows borderless then back to full screen in game. then it 'sometimes' sticks, sometimes not.. frustrating as hell

Yeah it's happening for every game I left a message on the Nvidia forums if they read it.

Oh good, I thought I was just going slowly insane lol
Same here, it started with this new branch of drivers 384.94

Back