Nvidia Confirms 8x.xx Driver Dual-Core Problem

peacetilence said:
The error is a blue screen that says IRQ Less_or_equal etc
etc
fault in nv4_disp.dll then it reboots the system
This might sound strange, but how many people here have a SoundBlaster card? SoundBlaster’s tend to be temperamental for one reason or another, and I've seen them cause that very same error when combined with an NVIDIA card and an IRQ they don’t like.

I had to physically move my SoundBlaster Audigy 2 to a different slot because I was getting that error. Turned out to be an IRQ problem that caused the card to get caught in an internal feedback loop until it crashed the display driver. Anyone getting this error who has a SoundBlaster should try removing it to test for this problem.

WCES Ryan said:
I have the same problem, however it seems to be only cs_militia that gives me any grief... suspiciously enough, it is the only HDR map that I play.

I've found that it crashes faster with HDR enabled too.

Unknown-One said:
This might sound strange, but how many people here have a SoundBlaster card? SoundBlaster’s tend to be temperamental for one reason or another, and I've seen them cause that very same error when combined with an NVIDIA card and an IRQ they don’t like.

I had to physically move my SoundBlaster Audigy 2 to a different slot because I was getting that error. Turned out to be an IRQ problem that caused the card to get caught in an internal feedback loop until it crashed the display driver. Anyone getting this error who has a SoundBlaster should try removing it to test for this problem.

I have an X-fi, I've never tried taking it out, but who knows. When my computer is functional again I'll give it a try.

these crashes r starting to Piss me off. iam considering dumping the GTX and going with a XTX instead. and the price drop makes it a better deal too

I dono if it's been posted yet, but the 84.12 drivers, although some have had problems with BF2, it has fixed alot for other games in dual core. Check the thread out in the forum....

i DONT have dual core.

VulturEMaN said:
I dono if it's been posted yet, but the 84.12 drivers, although some have had problems with BF2, it has fixed alot for other games in dual core. Check the thread out in the forum....

chronic9 said:
these crashes r starting to Piss me off. iam considering dumping the GTX and going with a XTX instead. and the price drop makes it a better deal too

i would but..
1. im broke.. i didnt even buy this card
2. i fell in love with purevideo

Just skimmed the signatures of all the threads posters, and I'm seeing a pattern here. Most of you guys have Creative brand sound cards (mostly xFi's): chronic9, AznAnarchy99, mpegripper, serbiaNem, and JustinSane just to name a few.

Seriously, pull the sound card and uninstall your creative drivers. A bad Creative/NVIDIA combo can cause that very same error.

theres some reg. fix that i found last nite on google. still didnt fix my problem. iam considering reformatting windows. but it runs too well. fukken nvidia drivers...... shoulda bought the 1800xt when i have the chance.. oh well, stuck with the 7800gtx until someone actually buys it or i get this crap fixed.

Unknown-One said:
Just skimmed the signatures of all the threads posters, and I'm seeing a pattern here. Most of you guys have Creative brand sound cards (mostly xFi's): chronic9, AznAnarchy99, mpegripper, serbiaNem, and JustinSane just to name a few.

Seriously, pull the sound card and uninstall your creative drivers. A bad Creative/NVIDIA combo can cause that very same error.

I run dual-core
I run SLi (7800gtx'rs)
I run Creative (audigy2)
I run WinXP 64-bit

..after delving into my few and far between "lock-ups" I thought I was having ... it turns out it has been from running F@H with some other process kicking in to cause 100% cpu usage on both cores that has been the cause..

If I simple give my computer enough time to recover or get back to the desktop via windows key or alt-tab .. I can do a ctrl-alt-del and kill whatever process (usually its the virus scanner) and then jump back into CS:S and I'm good to go...

I have been running the ForceWare 83.62 x64 drivers of late

Back