NVIDIA Clearing Out Last-Gen Stocks

Damn dying SLI support. For ~600 I'd happily drop another Strix 1080TI and call it good for awhile longer. Already got rigs that could rock 'em as well.

it'll [1080ti] definitely be faster but the 2070/2080 would contain the ray tracing/Tensor cores...basically new tech versus faster but older tech
Nah. I’d put my money on the 2080 being reasonably faster (5-20%) than the 1080ti on pretty much everything.

Nah. I’d put my money on the 2080 being reasonably faster (5-20%) than the 1080ti on pretty much everything.
Yep. The prices tell you exactly where performance is going to fall relative to 10 series.

so then paying even $600 for a 1080Ti makes little sense now as you could (eventually) pick up a 2080 for ~$100 cheaper...even if you don't think ray-tracing is anything more then a prototype tech demo at this point it's still better to have it on the card (as you can disable it in games)

Either way I'm waiting for your raw throughput, especially on VR before I buy. I don't see RT being adopted enlarge for a long time.

and i think the first place it will be adopted, ray tracing, is in VR. Since i have gotten my vive pro up and running man.. i am seeing TONS of VR gimmick apps/games and i can see RT being the newest batch.

Plus, its easy to see those who have a VR headset, are going to have the latest GPU's. I mean after the costs of the vive pro, and the wireless coming out.. the RTX 2080 ti is "cheap" in comparison

LOL

They've market priced their lineup since competition is effectively dead. I periodically looked to building a new rig but at this absurd price ranges, fuck this shit.
Don't worry.
In two years when AMD and Intel both put out next gen cards, the Nvidia bubble will burst.
Having one competitior who is slow to the gate, is one thing...
Two competitors is a bust.

1110pin02.jpg

Used 1080Ti's can be had for $500 now. I sold my 1080 and upgraded to the Ti for a total out of pocket cost of $150. I'm happy.

Not to dispute you, but most bottles these day are made from Soy based plastics. They break down in UV light quite easily in a few years. The only downside is Soy introduces a very high concentration of estrogen into the environment.

https://sciencing.com/biodegradable-plastics-made-soybean-products-22587.html

The author of this article is a bit misinformed as my former employer has been selling this stuff for over 20 years now with various reformulations to be more enviro-friendly

Back