NVIDIA CEO, Visiting Dubai, Says “I’m all Apple”

HardOCP News

[H] News
During a recent interview NVIDIA’s CEO said he was "all Apple." Apparently Jen-Hsun Huang loves, loves, loves Macs. He uses them for everything and, at home, that is all he uses. Oddly enough there was no mention of what that tablet-thing in front of him was.

Mr Huang said that in his home they’re “all Apple.” According to him “Apple uses the best technology for their [computers]. Apple says to their customers: if you buy a computer from us you can be sure we have selected the best technology inside for you. That is their promise to consumers.

So does he use the new iMac with ATI graphic? Afterall, Apple selected only the best technology, including those ATI graphics right?

Here are your graphics choices on the quad core Mac pro (the first one is the default):

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $150.00]
3x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $300.00]
4x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $450.00]
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB [Add $200.00]

ZOMG is that the fabled Apple tablet in front of him?

Unlikely, it appears to have red detailing around the button looking thing on the far side, Apple would never do that, even on an engineering sample/ prototype :p

Big surprise that nVidia's CEO admires Apple. He tries to pull off the same limitations of what customers can do with the very products they've bought, except nVidia doesn't have the following that will do whatever they say and make excuses for them no matter what they do. (Well, not the same size of one anyway)

Here are your graphics choices on the quad core Mac pro (the first one is the default):

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $150.00]
3x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $300.00]
4x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $450.00]
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB [Add $200.00]

Yah it sure looks like they "have selected the best technology inside".. Is he really losing his mind or what?

So that's why he said DirectX 11 wasn't important. Apple doesn't use DirectX.

Hmmm..

Big surprise that nVidia's CEO admires Apple. He tries to pull off the same limitations of what customers can do with the very products they've bought, except nVidia doesn't have the following that will do whatever they say and make excuses for them no matter what they do. (Well, not the same size of one anyway)

Wrong, Nvidia has a much bigger following of apologist fanbois than Apple lol.

Wrong, Nvidia has a much bigger following of apologist fanbois than Apple lol.

Uh no. Your average mom and pop and grandmothers and the pimple faced teenager in school doesn't know nVidia from their ass. There are far far more Apple and Microsoft fans than there are graphics card fans.

Well that explains a lot. :p I assume this is why there hasn't been any talk of gaming with Femi...

I wonder how he manages to promote his own products when he spends most of the time gagging on Steve Job's balls.

Considering the small space, small thermal envelope, relatively small energy usage (I was responsible for all EnergyStar requirements for Fujitsu Siemens in Europe) etc... they do use the best technology for their design. Of course some Winamp skin kiddys who OC their computers below the age of 18 will argue the "best technology" but there is more to these products then meets the eye.

i used to love nvidia.. now ehhh they are starting to suck.. think my next card will be ati

Funny story cause he is so full of shitz. Apple has never used the best of anything, and right now alot of the 2009 Macs have parts that are 2 years old. Not to mention you can't upgrade anything yourself.

Dear Mr. Huang,

iDontCare

That is all.

I concur.

bfd2.gif

How would you word it if attempting to continue getting contacts from Apple?
Nothing more than brown nosing.

This guy is cutting of his head to spite his face. not his nose.unless apple becomes serious about gaming he is heading down a dead end.he attacks Intel then amd and is eroding his fan base.such a. f-ing. genius.

I can forgive Nvidia a lot for bringing innovation and high powered cards, but siding with Apple, that could be the last straw. Granted my dislike for Apple borders on irrationality at times, but it is just strengthened by senseless fandom, especially by a CEO of a major tech firm, who wants to push the limits and make a card that can do everything. That is pretty much the exact opposite goal of Apple.

Yeah, a comment like this makes NO SENSE from a company that sells primarily to PC users. And if he's all Apple that means that he doesn't PLAY games on those expensive GPUs he sells to use.

Dear Mr. Huang, I bought $1500 of those last year, for my Windows 7 kick ass game PC with all the tech to make an Apple choke and you don't even USE THEM!!!!!!

What a moron!

That thing in front of him is the new iphone... It's based on the same ergonomic platform that the 3Gs is but slightly higher resolution.

At the rate Nvidia is going alienating it's customer base, it almost looks purposeful.

Yeah Apple always uses/used the best technology... that's why they started using Intel chips. And everyone loves a nice one-button mouse with a tiny scroll knob. And "stylish" keyboards that accumulate all the dust and grime, especially in colleges. Gotta be white, though.

That's without the price premium, or service plans, or "Genius" hype. Oh, they're so simple but they need "experts" in stores for expensive help. One might as well buy an Acer for half the price and buy another one if there's a problem (and part out the other one).

And I never understood why Macs are "simpler" or people feel more at ease with them after spending so much.

1) PCs have more parts per $.
2) PC parts can be swapped more easily
3) Google most PC/Windows problems and get an answer.

Macs aren't made by some close-knit community in San Fran, as some seem to think. But someone could make the PC and stand by it for the same price, or get a beast from Sager, etc.

Naturally,this statement has nothing to do with the fact that Nvidia has a feud going with Intel that puts the Hatfields and McCoys to shame. :rolleyes:

Considering the small space, small thermal envelope, relatively small energy usage (I was responsible for all EnergyStar requirements for Fujitsu Siemens in Europe) etc... they do use the best technology for their design. Of course some Winamp skin kiddys who OC their computers below the age of 18 will argue the "best technology" but there is more to these products then meets the eye.

'Reducing footprint -> best technology' while 'improving performance -> prepubescent.' Gotcha. Thanks for making sense of this.

Back