Nvidia CEO sold shares before GTX 590 launch

Wow, remember when [H] was an awesome forum? WTF happened? This thread is painful to read with the amount of stupidity in it.

They sell shares to avoid tax, then buy them back to make more profit.

Money from money.......the most honourable form of hard work.

Entropy may have a point, Huang sold 5% of his stock since Dec. 2010, in smaller increments. It will be interesting to keep an eye on his selling in the near future to see if he keeps selling.

Except for his original post was openly trollish. Its too late for him to try and act serious on the matter, he damaged his credibility on the subject when he created the thread.

Seriously? The guy has $400 million in Nvidia stock - who cares if he sells a few (thousand) shares. He probably wants to diversify, since he likely isn't a moron.

Ballmer wasn't selling roughly the same amount of shares once a month in a 3 month period. Huang sold shares in January, February and March. He'd most probably sell again in April. Of course those instances weren't the first time he sold shares, but it's the first time he's selling roughly the same amount of shares in a per month basis. If you want to include the almost 700k shares sold in December, he sold shares per month for the last 4 months.

Even if it's not really Nvidia's bleak future we're talking about, there's still a possible bleak future here. Looks like Huang's getting ready to step down.

Well go look if there's any new tax laws that's taking effect this year or start of next year

He has sold 5% in total in a brisk (in the context of the stock market) 4 month period, regardless of price fluctuations of stock.

Dec 2010 - 699k
Jan 2011 - 130k
Feb 2011 - 137k
March 2011 - 133k

I wouldn't actually be surprised if he sells again this April. The 590 may not be the sole cause, but as someone knowledgeable with the stock market already told me, Huang most probably planned this all along as this can avoid him being accused, with reason, of insider trading. The selling per month is such a measure (instead of selling the whole 5% in just one month for example). This is of course within the context of the "Nvidia is going down" scenario, which I'm not saying would be happening now, but rather perhaps in a year or two.

Maybe if he sold 50% of his shares I'd wake up and care. 5% is a joke.

He has sold 5% in total in a brisk (in the context of the stock market) 4 month period, regardless of price fluctuations of stock.

Dec 2010 - 699k
Jan 2011 - 130k
Feb 2011 - 137k
March 2011 - 133k

I wouldn't actually be surprised if he sells again this April. The 590 may not be the sole cause, but as someone knowledgeable with the stock market already told me, Huang most probably planned this all along as this can avoid him being accused, with reason, of insider trading. The selling per month is such a measure (instead of selling the whole 5% in just one month for example). This is of course within the context of the "Nvidia is going down" scenario, which I'm not saying would be happening now, but rather perhaps in a year or two.
No one should be surprised if he sells again in April...part of his compensation package is no doubt paid in stock .....rather than sit on it, he chooses to turn it into cash...this is no different than the other 5,000 CEO's who do the same thing every year.

Not the first time nvidia made a f up with their gpus why run now over 1 flimsy card

Back