NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang hints at ‘exciting’ next-generation GPU update on September 20th Tuesday

First very unaware, uniform impression

That should not hurt 3060Ti-3070 sales of stock left too much I imagine.

If the MSRP are "real" and actually indicative of the price of card we can buy someday soon
4090 much cheaper than I thought could be
4080 16 much higher but I should have expected

they again created somewhat a new tier, if those 2x and for what we care to have more than a 4080 4x scenario are true, we can see the 4080 12 has an overprice xx70, but in Nvidia eyes it is more the 4090 is a new tiers, 4080 16gb will game relative to the 3000 series like the 3090 was gaming relative to the 2000 series the 4080 12 gb will game relative to the 3000 series like the 3080 was gaming relative to the 2000 series and using the overpriced 2000 series has a benchmark will make sense.

Will see when hardware unboxed release reviews if the above make sense. (And obviously maybe again talking has if MSRP was the actual mark could be completely useless)

Seems like a lob to AIBs so they can make money on something, lol. We will not find one at MSRP.
There wasnt an AIB card for the 3090 at FE MSRP either. Everything was at least 100 more than FE. Strix was almost 400 more IIRC. Only decently priced AIB for 3090 was EVGA especially after the tariffs. EVGA 3090 was by far the cheapest.

All the 2x 4x faster stuff. He also said 25% faster when we aren't talking about RT.
So ya 25% faster. RT performance going is is great and all... but wake me up when it gets used so well in any game I can play through more then once, or will spend any more then a few hours with anyway. I mean it was done well in Control I understand but I have no need to go back and play it again. As cool as the portal update looks... its yet another old game with a mod trying to sell (in Canada a two thousand dollar GPU).

25% that is the target AMD is shooting for. If they can manage to push their parts up 30% or so looks like the benchmark wars will be interesting.

If there are no FE models for the 12GB card, they clearly don't care about the bulk of the market with these current cards. You're pretty much looking at a minimum $1K spend for any of these.
There are just not that many compelling reasons for most people to get one. They kept showing DLSS off and RT on vs. any true comparisons to previous cards running DLSS/RT. Feels like it's really only for 4K and striving for extremely high FPS.
I'm always interested in the latest and greatest, but I'm just not excited for these. If the 3090 prices creep up and I can sell it for more than I planned, I might consider one. This is the first major release in quite a while where I'm not resigned to getting one, though. The lack of major games to actually push these things isn't helping, too. When Cyberpunk and Flight Sim are your showcases, you know that you're in a gaming lull.

I have a 3080 10GB and am not blown away by the 4000 series enough to rush out and get one (especially since I'm at 1440p)...but the 10GB VRAM is annoying and I would consider a 4080 12GB or 16GB

I have a 3080 10GB and am not blown away by the 4000 series enough to rush out and get one (especially since I'm at 1440p)...but the 10GB VRAM is annoying and I would consider a 4080 12GB or 16GB
Why is 10gb annoying? I'm at the same resolution as you and have not had 1 problem with the vram amount.

Why is 10gb annoying? I'm at the same resolution as you and have not had 1 problem with the vram amount.

I was thinking more about upcoming games versus current games...we haven't really seen true next-gen games released built from the ground up for the new console generation yet

30 series prices are probably going to go up in the next few days. A lot of people waiting will give up and settle.
It won't be abrupt or overnight, but i think prices will definitely be trending upward in the 6, 12 and 18 month outlooks.

The downward pressure on prices from mining surplus is temporarily masking that GPUs are the new CPUs, and a valuable global commodity sought after by more new industries than ever.

Last edited:
EVGA will be pleased to hear this news…

…wait…
Funny enough EVGA supposedly got as far as board samples of 4090: 2x FTW3, XC3 and had started on a Kingpin 4090.

Everything from EVGA's CEO when considered in whole makes me think he carefully chose words to all BUT burn the bridge, and he just wants to sit 40-series out and wait for market to improve and continue to re-evaluate.

Calling in JayzTwoBraincells and GN Steve to kick up PR drama is not the behavior of a CEO that's actually decided 100% to never make new GPUs again and slow fade the company. I'm probably wrong, but there were enough mixed messages to make me wonder.

Last edited:
20220920_192555.jpg

DLSS 3 was announced with Cyberpunk 2077. Will be interesting to see how it differs.

Everything from EVGA's CEO when considered in whole makes me think he carefully chose words to all BUT burn the bridge, and he just wants to sit 40-series out and wait for market to improve and continue to re-evaluate.

Honestly seemed the opposite to me. Seemed like he went out of his way to shut down any possibility to restarting GPU as a bossiness for Nvidia, including for Intel/AMD.

No doubt those numbers require DLSS 3 to hit.

Eurogamer has a few lines about it. Apparently it may increase input latency even more than DLSS 2 from the sound of things. In which case, I might not be too interested personally.

No doubt those numbers require DLSS 3 to hit.
NVidia discovers frame interpolation from TV's. I'd rather stick to something that is based on the timing of the game engine, no thank you. The real win is the SER, which makes ray tracing more efficient. However, RTX isn't ubiquitous and likely won't be as impactful on games, except for the very rich and content creators.

Should be interesting to know if those numbers are with the TGP of 450W or not, and if not, what the number will be then. :)
Exactly. Nvidia did not show power numbers at all. Also DLSS 3.0 getting over 200fps in Cyberpunk....Was this using best performance and not quality? Because if so, it will look like ass.

Eurogamer has a few lines about it. Apparently it may increase input latency even more than DLSS 2 from the sound of things. In which case, I might not be too interested personally.
Since when did DLSS 2.0 increase input latency? I thought that was a myth and then when it was actually tested it ended up with lower input latency?

NVidia discovers frame interpolation from TV's. I'd rather stick to something that is based on the timing of the game engine, no thank you. The real win is the SER, which makes ray tracing more efficient. However, RTX isn't ubiquitous and likely won't be as impactful on games, except for the very rich and content creators.
RTX is a DX12 standard, it’s not some Nvidia proprietary thing? It’s also default on for the current builds of Unreal and Unity.

I also want to remind people how Nvidia also stated that the 3090 was the very first 8k gaming card.

DO NOT believe those Cyberpunk frames.....

That was my thought as well. Frame interpolation on most TVs sucks, and it definitely increases latency. If Nvidia's DLSS 3 does the same thing, it's dead on arrival IMO.

Guess I should stop joking about $900 4070.

Make that $1000 minimum 4070.

$900 MSRP for 4080. I doubt we'll se a 4070 for $500 which is about what I can afford and what I am willing to pay for those. If we're looking at $700-780 RTX 4070s then PC gaming just got a lot harder to get into for younger/poor people.

Back