NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang hints at ‘exciting’ next-generation GPU update on September 20th Tuesday

Seems like the low end is abandoned as we should have very capable full DX12 cards that sip power.
Why bother with mid and low when you leave leftover stock from last year. AMD and Nvidia can simply discount or rebate the existing lineup to put that price wise to fill in the mid and low end while then saving their silicon allotments for their higher margin product stacks. It’s easier and cheaper than rebranding the existing chips and generates good press instead of negative.

Tegra is very large in the automotive and manufacturing sectors. It runs a lot of assembly and automation equipment for warehouses and heavy industry.
"Very large" in automotive would still put it an order of magnitude below the sales numbers of a single consumer electronics toy. And I'd expect that industrial numbers are an order of magnitude below even that.

Now, could they be jacking up their profit margins to make up enough of the difference to be profitable? Well, it is Nvidia...

But it's beer money, at best. And certainly nowhere near their aspirations for the product line.

Why bother with mid and low when you leave leftover stock from last year. AMD and Nvidia can simply discount or rebate the existing lineup to put that price wise to fill in the mid and low end while then saving their silicon allotments for their higher margin product stacks. It’s easier and cheaper than rebranding the existing chips and generates good press instead of negative.
I think you are missing the point I was making. Sips power! MB powered only. Possible low profile. Last years cards don't sip power. I'm talking about 1030 replacement that are new with modern ecoders/decoders and cost $99. The closest we have is the RX6400 and it is far from $99.

But it will be spot on in my cardboard case!
Yeah, I get it now. I didn't notice that it was made out of cardboard when I first saw it and so I thought it was legit or at least some kind of leak/rumor of what the card might look like.

I think you are missing the point I was making. Sips power! MB powered only. Possible low profile. Last years cards don't sip power. I'm talking about 1030 replacement that are new with modern ecoders/decoders and cost $99. The closest we have is the RX6400 and it is far from $99.
There is the A2000 6gb but that’s a good 2-3x the cost of the 6400. So even further from $99.

That form factor is still popular in business, I have a dozen or so A2000 6gb units in various machines. They all work great in the Dell mini towers that we have all over. But I don’t see it as a general consumer thing that’s in demand.

Yeah their official replacement for the GT1030 (GTX 1630) is a dual fan, 6 power pin required card lol

Yeah their official replacement for the GT1030 (GTX 1630) is a dual fan, 6 power pin required card lol
Meanwhile Microcenter still has a few Radeon 5450s in stock.

E2A: I also spotted an A380 for $139, and it comes with an *8*-pin connector!

I just double-checked--are you sure about that? Techpowerup says it's a 75W TDP, and I found one Zotac on sale with one fan and it looks like no connectors.

The Zotac one is the only one I've seen (now that you mentioned it) without a power connector - EVGA and Gigabyte that I know of have power pins

Yes the large ones have one fan across brands, low profile two is what I was mainly thinking of

Good luck with that Zotac though, nothing but bad experiences with them

All of them a far cry from my fanless EVGA GT 1030 low profile (mainly as iGPU in case I need to RMA main GPU - or to be HTPC computer dedicated GPU for 4k HDR if I ever make another HTPC - also got me through a good bit of PC Apocalypse without a GPU after I sold mine without securing a replacement before a friend lent me a GTX 1080Ti)

Edit: and ~$150 for the GTX 1630 vs ~$90 I paid for the GT 1030, it seems more like a xx40 series OEM type card than a true xx30 replacement still IMO

Last edited:
The Zotac one is the only one I've seen (now that you mentioned it) without a power connector - EVGA and Gigabyte that I know of have power pins

Yes the large ones have one fan across brands, low profile two is what I was mainly thinking of

Good luck with that Zotac though, nothing but bad experiences with them
Man, I'm not getting one, I just googled the model number and the first one I found was that Zotac. Couldn't find any other on my phone to see if they were using a plug.

E2A: Looking now, Techpowerup's got a list of a bunch of different ones, and I looked at half a dozen. Did see a bunch of ridiculous 2-fan models but none with a plug, FWIW.

https://videocardz.com/newz/zotac-geforce-rtx-4090-graphics-card-has-been-leaked

So much for keeping quiet... this 4090 from Zotac looks to be something you would cook Johnsonville Bratwurst on.

ZOTAC-RTX-4090-2.jpgZOTAC-4090-AMP-AIRO.jpg

Nvidia must have the font branded or something. The back of the card you can see the George Forman Grill lines to
dissipate all the heat coming off the card along with Teflon cooling technology to make sure the card doesn't stick to other pieces inside
your case lets say the PCIE slot melts the card in place the Teflon coating will make it easier to replace.

Last edited:
If not photoshop, first reaction is feeling like Gigabyte maybe phoned in the new Aorus Xtreme 4090, since it looks 99% identical to Aorus Xtreme 3090 - the most unimpressed I was with any 3090 I tested (cooling performance of the Xtreme's massive triple-slot HSF was actually worse than the smaller Gaming OC 3090)

Not to say this thing won't be a monster.

1663013481273.png

Last edited:
I wonder if cooling end up quite similar, if some saving could be made here, with how much money-effort it seem to have been into the last gen, would make sense, to do something very similar but a bit bigger for the added watts.

Here's to hoping EVGA doesn't screw it up again.

Asus/MSI will probably have the best air cooling solutions again.

Here's to hoping EVGA doesn't screw it up again.

Asus/MSI will probably have the best air cooling solutions again.
I saw the opposite with the cards that I had. Unless you're talking about the EVGA RTX 3080 Ti which was undercooled....

The SUPRIM was particularly bad. Any EVGA card womped all over it. I can't speak to ASUS.

If not photoshop, first reaction is feeling like Gigabyte maybe phoned in the new Aorus Xtreme 4090, since it looks 99% identical to Aorus Xtreme 3090 - the most unimpressed I was with any 3090 I tested (cooling performance of the Xtreme's massive triple-slot HSF was actually worse than the smaller Gaming OC 3090)

Not to say this thing won't be a monster.

View attachment 509481
It's not unusual for AIBs to reuse cooler designs.

It's not unusual for AIBs to reuse cooler designs.
Isn't the performance increase with the 40xx series unusual, though? With as anal as they've been in the past about branding(AMD cards can't be Strix and that kind of thing), you'd think they'd be a little more self-aware.
on the sides, it looks like blue peel celophane may be obscuring it causing the weirdness?
Welp, there's really no way to know in this photo. As OK as everyone is with the artifacts vs a light dusting of noise, this is what you can expect. People would rather have legibility destroyed than have a few speckles.

Isn't the performance increase with the 40xx series unusual, though? With as anal as they've been in the past about branding(AMD cards can't be Strix and that kind of thing), you'd think they'd be a little more self-aware.
I don't understand. If the TDP is the same then there would be no need to beef up the cooler. The AORUS cooler can supposedly dissipate up to 600W of heat and stay within the 85C threshold. We don't even know the real specs of the Lovelace product line, yet.

It's never stopped AIB's from putting on a sub par cooler on the next nuclear GPU design and selling it at an "entry point" price and then selling all the properly cooled ones for a premium.

I don't understand. If the TDP is the same then there would be no need to beef up the cooler. The AORUS cooler can supposedly dissipate up to 600W of heat and stay within the 85C threshold. We don't even know the real specs of the Lovelace product line, yet.
A 66% increase in performance, regardless of TDP, and you don't think that would warrant at least an artistic differentiation? I mean, if they're going to put 2 fans and a 6-pin power connector on a GT 1630 to make it look sexier than it is, they could at least paint on another fan to the 4090s, when there's an actual and significant performance increase.

A 66% increase in performance, regardless of TDP, and you don't think that would warrant at least an artistic differentiation? I mean, if they're going to put 2 fans and a 6-pin power connector on a GT 1630 to make it look sexier than it is, they could at least paint on another fan to the 4090s, when there's an actual and significant performance increase.
AORUS is the branding of the card, not the GPU. Gigabyte has to make the decision if they would want to invest in changing it. At this point the AORUS brand is well-established, so there is no point in changing the look. EVGA has basically been using the same design for the past 8 years, at least.

It's never stopped AIB's from putting on a sub par cooler on the next nuclear GPU design and selling it at an "entry point" price and then selling all the properly cooled ones for a premium.
I just would've thought they would stipulate that there be something special about the 40xx series because they're more nuclear than any other generation. Like maybe they could add a polished stainless RRTX emblem that retracts if any peasant is so stupid as to attempt to touch it, or something like that.

Gigabyte has to make the decision if they would want to invest in changing it.
Riiight, but at some point nVidia decided to make the decision that despite AIB investment in their own brand, that investment would only be good for nVidia GPUs and none others. So that means that nVidia knows best and has to keep an eye on these silly AIBs that don't know how to do their own marketing. And I mean, clearly they don't if they're putting out a cooler with identical shape and colors(performance aside) when actual performance, actual performance increase that nVidia put so much effort into this cycle is greater than from just about any other cycle.

Back