blah blah blah. Nvidia doesn't want to share top tier profit margins with amd and with vega2, they will. AMD doesn't have to crush nvidia. They just have to make nvidia sweat with less profits. AMD will do just fine at the pace they're going, they have CPU's and embedded/console income that's doing well. Nvidia is pretty much still stuck at just gpu's. Losing market share for nvidia is much more problematic for them than amd losing or gaining some marketshare in the gpu sector. That's why they need to downplay so hard.

LOL! Crush who and how are they going to do it well overpricing their cards?

Well to start, do you think maybe there are several reasons for the card costing what it does? Massive die, GDDR6, and unlocked compute cores that can comprimise the cash cow workstation lines? Perhaps maybe?

Vega is incredibly inefficient and it seen a 25% boost on a less presice lithography....what do you think it will do for NVidia? If anything the prices will come down.

its been months since launch and less than 5 games use it. jhh needs to stop bitching and put up or shut up.

Last I checked they don't own studios that make the games.......your blaming NVidia, when time and developers are the issue, developers need time to integrate the tech not just sideload it into an experience as the games coming out are and already more than half done, we need to see games built from the ground up exploiting it and optimized that they aren't casting Ray's that arnt needed the way Dice did but are using the tech on correlation with what is possible on recent hardware......
DX10 spawned a year and a half dry spell for gaming as alot of games were rewritten to take advantage.
I mean I don't understand what you want 20 examples of half-assed work.
Or
A couple good games that make use of it properly.

blah blah blah. Nvidia doesn't want to share top tier profit margins with amd and with vega2, they will. AMD doesn't have to crush nvidia. They just have to make nvidia sweat with less profits. AMD will do just fine at the pace they're going, they have CPU's and embedded/console income that's doing well. Nvidia is pretty much still stuck at just gpu's. Losing market share for nvidia is much more problematic for them than amd losing or gaining some marketshare in the gpu sector. That's why they need to downplay so hard.

Lol you do realize gaming is one of the smallest areas of their profit margins?

Lol you do realize gaming is one of the smallest areas of their profit margins?

Yeah that statement is not reality. 3.18 billion total revenue. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/15/nvidia-earnings-q3-2019.html

Nvidia’s gaming business segment generated $1.76 billion in revenue in the quarter, below the $1.89 billion FactSet consensus estimate.

Nvidia’s data center segment came in at $792 million in revenue, lower than the $821 million estimate.

Revenue for the company’s professional visualization business segment was $305 million, surpassing the $284 million estimate.

The 8800GTX launched with an MSRP of $599. It brought new technologies and ground breaking performance(MUCH larger improvement than 2080TI) over the previous generation.
The 2080TI is less than half of the increase in performance generation over generation and an MSRP of $999.

Nvidia has become arrogant and greedy. They should learn from Intel. That always catches up to you.

Yeah that statement is not reality. 3.18 billion total revenue. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/15/nvidia-earnings-q3-2019.html

Nvidia’s gaming business segment generated $1.76 billion in revenue in the quarter, below the $1.89 billion FactSet consensus estimate.

Nvidia’s data center segment came in at $792 million in revenue, lower than the $821 million estimate.

Revenue for the company’s professional visualization business segment was $305 million, surpassing the $284 million estimate.
Had no idea myself.

The 8800GTX launched with an MSRP of $599. It brought new technologies and ground breaking performance(MUCH larger improvement than 2080TI) over the previous generation.
The 2080TI is less than half of the increase in performance generation over generation and an MSRP of $999.

Nvidia has become arrogant and greedy. They should learn from Intel. That always catches up to you.

Yeah. Nvidia this generation is like the new Apple when they started selling the iPhone X line of phones trying to get people to spend over a grand on a cell phone. The 1080ti is still more than capable.

Yeah. Nvidia this generation is like the new Apple when they started selling the iPhone X line of phones trying to get people to spend over a grand on a cell phone. The 1080ti is still more than capable.

Nvidia was only like that for this newest current generation? I don't think so.

Do not like how Jensen Huang behaves professionally at all, but no doubt is the engine that drives Nvidia. Hopefully doesn't retire any time soon because have to believe Nvidia will be in big trouble if he does.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo.../what-are-nvidias-key-sources-of-revenue/amp/

Jensen even stated gaming GPUs are not their main revenue stream, GPU can be a broad term with machine learning and data centers.......also keep in mind this past year we had crypto reeking havok so your data is skewed a bit on this one as most of the GPUs sold never found their way into gamers hands..

Yep - Lisa Su has made AMD's GPU sales business first, gaming second for a reason too - $$$$.

The complexity of these chips is difficult to put into terms understandable. Getting them to work without space invaders requires a massive R&D investment - let alone die costs.

I wracked my brain for years on things orders of magnitude lower in scale - this level is almost magic by most science fiction definitions of 'any tech sufficiently advanced..." Yes, you make and validate subsystems, yadda yadda - I know.

AMD is moving forward. This is good. Options at more performance brackets, even if not absolute top, is good.

... He even suggested that AMD thought of the launch this morning. Jensen Huang went on trash FreeSync as competition to G-SYNC by stating, "'(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD's graphics cards.'"
Hmm, I have had zero issues with my Asus freesync monitor which is being powered by an old R9 290. I will only support freesync because it is royalty free and has no performance penalty. I would like to upgrade to a new AMD gpu but I don't feel like paying $700 for a new graphics card. For myself, $500 is max. I could afford a RTX 2080ti but I don't play that many games that require the horsepower especially since I'm on a 1440p monitor.

Hmm, I have had zero issues with my Asus freesync monitor which is being powered by an old R9 290. I will only support freesync because it is royalty free and has no performance penalty. I would like to upgrade to a new AMD gpu but I don't feel like paying $700 for a new graphics card. For myself, $500 is max. I could afford a RTX 2080ti but I don't play that many games that require the horsepower especially since I'm on a 1440p monitor.

I recently jumped from a 290x to a Vega 64 and am perfectly happy with the performance at 1440. A few days ago AIB cards could be had under $400, though now it appears they’re doing some price gouging on Newegg. Reference Sapphire is about $500 again.....

Vega 56 does still have PowerColor Red Dragon for below $400 though. Not a bad deal and should certainly give you a performance boost over the 290.

i do find NVIDIA's recent stock market performance quite underwhelming i feel jhh is making hay as a distraction to his companies own issues

i do find NVIDIA's recent stock market performance quite underwhelming i feel jhh is making hay as a distraction to his companies own issues
Nothing will be hidden when next quarter results come out and nv desktop graphics division underwhelms.

Nothing will be hidden when next quarter results come out and nv desktop graphics division underwhelms.

and when the already pissed shareholders that have filed lawsuits file some more and want to oust jhh as ceo we will see why he lashed out in this manner as thats likely what he is facing .

Last edited:
Nvidia was only like that for this newest current generation? I don't think so.

I've been using Nvidia cards for years so I haven't really noticed so much maybe? The 20 series cards definitely seem the most egregious.

Back