Nvidia Cards unavailable for the next three months - as fabs switch over to manufacturing Volta?!?

Yeah, and for a motherboard that can only be used with the latest intel stuff, so no kaby lake or skylake celerons ;)
I have that motherboard. It has been great with my 8600k overclocked. I have not encountered the sound issues. I think alot of that is due to dirty power or poor/old power supplies.

"Nvidia Cards unavailable for the next three months - as fabs switch over to manufacturing Volta?!?"

If you think a corporation as large as Nvidia has a 3 month period of no production for fab switch, I have some land to sell you in Idaho.
It's worth $50 Million because of the "rare minerals" identified in geological survey. But, because I need cash quick, I will sell you for only $10 million. You can even flip the property to double your money, no mining required.....

volta ain't coming till last half of the year anyway and when it does expect only a 10% boost in performance, mostly from refined manufacturing process. no competition and selling every gpu they make means zero incentive to advance and every incentive to continue status quo and milk their own ROIs.

"Nvidia Cards unavailable for the next three months - as fabs switch over to manufacturing Volta?!?"

If you think a corporation as large as Nvidia has a 3 month period of no production for fab switch, I have some land to sell you in Idaho.
It's worth $50 Million because of the "rare minerals" identified in geological survey. But, because I need cash quick, I will sell you for only $10 million. You can even flip the property to double your money, no mining required.....
Yeah you’re right.

I forgot about those rainbow colored unicorns that crap out the first 100,000 cards while the fabs retool to avoid downtime.

Reactions: Parja
like this
Yeah you’re right.

I forgot about those rainbow colored unicorns that crap out the first 100,000 cards while the fabs retool to avoid downtime.

you make the assumption it is the same fabs lines that shut down to "retool". that doesn't happen. pascal is what a 14nm/16nm process and volta is 12nm so they using different fab lines completely. it's more about building out completely new 12nm fab lines. the older 14nm/16nm fab lines used to make pascal will still be around producing other things long after nvidia has any interest in using them. btw, nvidia doesn't even own the fab, they contract out to TSMC.

Maybe Nvida doing the bitman thing where they are pretesting the cards... before shipping :)

volta ain't coming till last half of the year anyway and when it does expect only a 10% boost in performance, mostly from refined manufacturing process. no competition and selling every gpu they make means zero incentive to advance and every incentive to continue status quo and milk their own ROIs.

LOL

I have two 1080ti's running round the clock and a 1070 I toggle on and off when I want to play games.

I am on the notify list for A Titan V at nVidia. Thinking strongly of getting one to double +my current hash rates which are a measly $22.00/day

I heard from a guy that heard from a PNY guy that there's a GDDR shortage. No idea if it's accurate, just passing it along.

LOL, so true. 30% drop and panic. Anyone buying into some of the currencies that are really low today? Like XRP?

LOL, so true. 30% drop and panic. Anyone buying into some of the currencies that are really low today? Like XRP?
I have too much money tied up right now. I nearly cashed out most of my holdings 3 days ago.

What are you talking about the cards are still very low on stock, and high demand. Besides crypto is only down because of speculation regarding Asian markets, it happened before and crypto rebounded every time.

add futures trading that started one month ago which adds ability to short and a guaranteed drop in prices everytime china or s.korea talk about ending crypto. market manipulation at its finest.

mkrohn Do not have or need multiple accounts.

sethmo Different SKUs.

This time around, it was x2 MSI (Titanium / Armor), x2 Gigabyte (Gaming / Aorus), x1 Asus (Turbo).

The only "ugh" of the group was the Aorus, which was $589. Quite a bit out of my range, but whatever - she'll ROI too.

who doesn't have multiple accounts at this point?

those who cannot see the path of the immoral because it is clouded by their own morality. :p

seriously I didn't know you could do that on newegg, even though I have a few junk email address. though I don' t usually look on newegg because I get taxed anyway.

Just snagged another 1070 tonight and driving out to get it. All these people who don't mine that say they can't find cards are not trying very hard. I visit my favorite sites a couple times a day and guess what, stuff comes in stock every so often. Stores here in Vancouver are limiting stock and its all in store only purchase with no return!

Yeah it seems there are the oddball appearances. I managed to get a 1070 on Ebay for around $800. Also ordered parts to build a dedicated rig (which could be repurposed as a VM server later). Everybody is saying that crypto is about to crash, I'll wait and see if they are right before I invest any more money and just aim to at least get a ROI on my rig. Now to just wait for all my stuff to actually arrive. Mining out of my gaming machine right now which is a 4U case and it's not high enough to house the 1070 so it's kinda a terrible setup lol. Had to take the cover off and drop it by 1 U.

Yeah it seems there are the oddball appearances. I managed to get a 1070 on Ebay for around $800. Also ordered parts to build a dedicated rig (which could be repurposed as a VM server later). Everybody is saying that crypto is about to crash, I'll wait and see if they are right before I invest any more money and just aim to at least get a ROI on my rig. Now to just wait for all my stuff to actually arrive. Mining out of my gaming machine right now which is a 4U case and it's not high enough to house the 1070 so it's kinda a terrible setup lol. Had to take the cover off and drop it by 1 U.

1070... $800.... WUT?!

Yeah, that's crazy town. I picked up a pair of EVGA 1070Ti Hybrids for $600 each shipped. That's pretty close to retail.

Yeah, that's crazy town. I picked up a pair of EVGA 1070Ti Hybrids for $600 each shipped. That's pretty close to retail.

about two weeks ago I could have picked up 8 - 1070 TI hybrids for $530 each.

I had them in my cart on a couple of occasions, and I was debating between those and more 1080TI. That was before things went crazy. I should have picked them up, they were one of the last available cards in high quantity before this massive uptick in prices. B&H Photo and superbiiz both had them in stock.

i just paid 640 CAD for an evga 1070sc acx 3 thats 515 USD (before tax) so not too shabby

1070... $800.... WUT?!

Yeah kinda got lucky. They're going for closer to a grand now. Couple listings for around upper $800 range though. Still more than the first one I got off Newegg.ca though, that one was around $700. Still crazy money for a graphics card but it's the current reality I guess.

Back