NVIDIA Brings DLSS Support To Four New Games

Again Today, and again, you haven't paid any historical attention, until those games release with the feature, it doesn't exist.
I liste only released game with all having already that feature on the soon to be the most mainstream platform (for big games) out there.

And Dirt 5 is funny, but what if it is a good indication in what to come (RT running often faster on the 6800xt on the mainstream affair because they are made with almost only console in mind by the studios)

That's kinda the point, this idea that dlss somehow looks better than native, or adds detail, is a fallacy. It works and give fps as needed, it looks good, but it isn't better than native (if you could get the fps needed).
From what I understand it can adds details, it learned from an image that was rendered with much more details than native, if the models used to learn took 1 minute by frame to render at 8K with ridiculous field of view.

My biggest issue is the often repeated claim that dlss is better than native. It's just not possible. Is it good enough? Maybe. Is it better than the fps hit to run RT? Almost certainly. But it's taken on this mythical ability to generate detail that wouldn't be there at full res, and it's thanks to DF.
Even if the rendered model used by the learning algorithm was significatively better than what a personal pc at realtime can do ?

I liste only released game with all having already that feature on the soon to be the most mainstream platform (for big games) out there.

And Dirt 5 is funny, but what if it is a good indication in what to come (RT running often faster on the 6800xt on the mainstream affair because they are made with almost only console in mind by the studios)

But BL3 does not have ray tracing as of today...

Your fact checking isn't that great so far.

Look, plenty of titles originally where going to have RTX features only to have them dropped or in some cases patched in a year later. Until the game is out with ray tracing it doesn't have ray tracing. BL3 does not, Doom Eternal does not. most of your list is currently a no.

Ray Tracing won't be big for years imo, not next year, years.

Look, plenty of titles originally where going to have RTX features only to have them dropped or in some cases patched in a year later. Until the game is out with ray tracing it doesn't have ray tracing. BL3 does not, Doom Eternal does not. most of your list is currently a no.

A number of games already have it or have it coming. It isn't a must have feature, but if you're paying $400+ for a GPU, I'd expect decent ray tracing performance/support.

DLSS 2.0 is nice. In the few games I compared it in myself, I only saw small amounts of graphical issues (Control and Death Stranding). For Control I'd gladly take the higher frame rates for the slight graphical awkwardness, which had to do with scattered/bleeding light (whatever you call it). DLSS and AMD's counterpart will be very interesting for mid range, $300 GPUs going forward.

Fair enough, to my defense when you google a title + raytracing and end up with many site titled like this:
https://wccftech.com/borderlands-3-4k-ray-tracing/

It is easy to get mixed up, but it is still around 50/50 of the on launch title of the most mainstream gaming platform we can think of that support raytracing, that seem by itself putting it out of the niche affair, it didn;t had much choice to be niche about no gamers had hardware supporting it (it was a small minority on PC and I imagine PC is a small minority of AAA games playing), now suddenly it reversed and a game studio releasing a big game in 2021 can assume you have hardware RT.

I feel RT won't be big if it does not give much value (it will be a fad that will go away) and that seem to be somewhat the case from what I see and you could be right that until it is powerful enough that it make developing game so much easier and faster it could stay marketing pitch more than anything else, but it will stop to be a niche marketing pitch and a fully mainstream one in 2021 I feel like, with title/remake pushing that they have it on new console and not on the older version of the game on the older console.

Fair enough, to my defense when you google a title + raytracing and end up with many site titled like this:
https://wccftech.com/borderlands-3-4k-ray-tracing/

It is easy to get mixed up, but it is still around 50/50 of the on launch title of the most mainstream gaming platform we can think of that support raytracing, that seem by itself putting it out of the niche affair, it didn;t had much choice to be niche about no gamers had hardware supporting it (it was a small minority on PC and I imagine PC is a small minority of AAA games playing), now suddenly it reversed and a game studio releasing a big game in 2021 can assume you have hardware RT.

I feel RT won't be big if it does not give much value (it will be a fad that will go away) and that seem to be somewhat the case from what I see and you could be right that until it is powerful enough that it make developing game so much easier and faster it could stay marketing pitch more than anything else, but it will stop to be a niche marketing pitch and a fully mainstream one in 2021 I feel like, with title/remake pushing that they have it on new console and not on the older version of the game on the older console.

There is the problem though, lots of titles where supposed to have ray tracing 2 years ago, only to have the feature dropped. cant comment on why, but the FPS hit is probably a big one. Google only amalgamatez everything that is announced, but doesn't fact check for ones that actually deliver.

A number of games already have it or have it coming. It isn't a must have feature, but if you're paying $400+ for a GPU, I'd expect decent ray tracing performance/support.

yeah, high end is high end, but the few ray titles are a drop in the bucket compared to overall titles launched.

I 100% believe that. There's a lot of subjectivity to what looks good while stuff is rushing around vs peering at static images.

My biggest issue is the often repeated claim that dlss is better than native. It's just not possible. Is it good enough? Maybe. Is it better than the fps hit to run RT? Almost certainly. But it's taken on this mythical ability to generate detail that wouldn't be there at full res, and it's thanks to DF.
In some cases it is possible that it generates data that isn't there, DLSS in games has been shown to change how lighting and shadows look so depending on the situation it can give an appearance that it has "generated" newer or better content during the process of doing what it does but that is by far the exception and certainly not the rule. But having now watched a few of those DF videos here I agree that their claims are misleading at best

Back