Nvidia bringing the 1050 ti back from the dead to meet demand

Probably well worth $40, since in 7+ years there will be no 2060s and they would give you a new generation card.

Probably well worth $40, since in 7+ years there will be no 2060s and they would give you a new generation card.
it's a tossup what happens. They'll get some cards back that are fixable (eg fan failures), so even after the card's discontinued some people will still get them back as replacements. I'm 1 for 2 getting like replacements for discontinued GPUs. My GTX 560 was replaced with another 560 a half dozen years ago; a dozen+ back I got a fanless GT 8500 as a replacement for a low end 6800 (slightly slower, but a 8600 would've been way faster and since I was just using the card for a video out at that point the lower powered card actually would've been my first choice).

They also offer a 4y and a 7y extended warranty when you register with Evga, the cost depends on the card. I paid $40 for an extra 7yrs on top of my 3yrs for my 2060.
I hate to say this but I temporarily worked for a telecommunications company that told me to tell someone on the phone they could go to the store if they wanted to have the warranty on their phone honored. Well, the store had already told him to call customer service. In an employee meeting later, I raised this issue. The supervisor merely said: "This is what large corporations do."

it's a tossup what happens. They'll get some cards back that are fixable (eg fan failures), so even after the card's discontinued some people will still get them back as replacements. I'm 1 for 2 getting like replacements for discontinued GPUs. My GTX 560 was replaced with another 560 a half dozen years ago; a dozen+ back I got a fanless GT 8500 as a replacement for a low end 6800 (slightly slower, but a 8600 would've been way faster and since I was just using the card for a video out at that point the lower powered card actually would've been my first choice).
I've had some good and bad luck with evga's lifetime warranty in the past, mostly good though.
I got a 7900GT KO with bad VRAM from the factory, and had to RMA it 5 times. Finally when the 7950GT's dropped, they sent me one. That card died in my mom's rig about 2 yrs ago, they sent me a BNIB 750Ti.

RMA'd A base GTX 570 3 times and got back a 570 all 3 times. My son killed the 3rd one and I got back a GTX 960 4GB SC Gaming.
Used the 960 for a few and it died, got a GTX 1060 6GB SC Gaming for a replacement which is still going strong.

I still have 2 9800GTX KO's that have a lifetime warranty, one of them is running in a HTPC so it can be replaced with something new and shiny.

I've had some good and bad luck with evga's lifetime warranty in the past, mostly good though.
I got a 7900GT KO with bad VRAM from the factory, and had to RMA it 5 times. Finally when the 7950GT's dropped, they sent me one. That card died in my mom's rig about 2 yrs ago, they sent me a BNIB 750Ti.

RMA'd A base GTX 570 3 times and got back a 570 all 3 times. My son killed the 3rd one and I got back a GTX 960 4GB SC Gaming.
Used the 960 for a few and it died, got a GTX 1060 6GB SC Gaming for a replacement which is still going strong.

I still have 2 9800GTX KO's that have a lifetime warranty, one of them is running in a HTPC so it can be replaced with something new and shiny.
I don't know why you've had such bad luck with video cards. The last time I bought a card it was a Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti overclocking model with a long heatpipe cooler. If the fans ever fail, the heatpipes will be there to protect the GPU anyway. So, I underclocked it to default speed and now the fans don't ever have to come on anyway. lol I bought this card in December 2017. I just looked at my notes, it was the Windforce model. Anyway, it's been running smooth since I bought it (wow, that's 3 years).

I have an EVGA GTX 770 that may have gone bad. I should check to discover if it was bad drivers or if the card went bad. I wonder if they would send a 1050Ti or 1650.

I don't know why you've had such bad luck with video cards.
Shit happens? Luck of the draw? RNG? That's the way the cookie crumbles? C' est la vie? Life's a bitch, then you marry one?

Seriously though, I've had way more video cards than the examples I listed and plenty are still running in mine and others rigs, or sitting on a shelf waiting to be put into service at a moments notice. Now RAM on the other hand....but that's a story for another time.

Shit happens? Luck of the draw? RNG? That's the way the cookie crumbles? C' est la vie? Life's a bitch, then you marry one?

Seriously though, I've had way more video cards than the examples I listed and plenty are still running in mine and others rigs, or sitting on a shelf waiting to be put into service at a moments notice. Now RAM on the other hand....but that's a story for another time.

You didn't throw your coat on your video cards did you? Instant death

Back