Nvidia being slammed on facebook page

Pretty funny. Anyone see this image? Made me laugh.

"end result of first gtx480 benchmark"

68017710_123de4638c_m.jpg

Pretty funny. Anyone see this image? Made me laugh.

"end result of first gtx480 benchmark"

68017710_123de4638c_m.jpg

I LOL'd so hard my fiance looked at me strange. Tried to explain it to her (tip: explaining why you're laughing about posts on [H] to people who don't care about computers doesn't work very well).

I knew I should have bought a 295 a couple months ago. :( :mad:

I got my 295 from BFG the day they were available via trade up. I sold it a couple weeks ago to buy the 5870 when the 15% BCB deal popped up. Was a great card but the 5870 just has to many advantages over it, one being not having to depend on SLI for better performance.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Nvidia stock on Monday. Aside from the hecklers, I think most sites have managed to put a positive spin on their reviews. I think Nvidia stock will be a good indication of the public's perception of this release.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Nvidia stock on Monday. Aside from the hecklers, I think most sites have managed to put a positive spin on their reviews. I think Nvidia stock will be a good indication of the public's perception of this release.

Things don't really work like that. You can't be so naive in your investments. People will bank based on what they think *other* people will do, so they'll try to predict and then catch it when it happens, countering the anticipated effect. It never boils down to anything as simple as "good product good stock swing, bad product, bad stock swing after release".

For example NVIDIA just reported a good quarter, better than the analysts even expected yet the stock went down.. totally illogical, but you're talking about big investment firms with millions of dollars at play, looking at all the factors and business units (of which GPUs for enthusiasts are only one), the industry trends and timing.. everything. They don't read a review on 1 product and go OMG SELL EVERYTHING...lol. And keep in mind NVIDIA is about 70%+ institutionally owned, meaning a majority of *non-private-average joe* stock holders.

Things don't really work like that.

When a new product is demoed, the market reacts, and usually you see a short term gain, almost regardless of the product. However, there has been the whole weekend for people to look at the product before they make buying decisions. I am not into stocks, so I don't know how people are going to base their buying decisions.

If stock prices drop, I would find that to be indicative of it's reception outside of the enthusiast community. If we see a modest bump, I wouldn't think anything of it.

My curiosity stems for gaining a different perspective from a community that is interested in Nvidia's products.

When a new product is demoed, the market reacts, and usually you see a short term gain, almost regardless of the product. However, there has been the whole weekend for people to look at the product before they make buying decisions. I am not into stocks, so I don't know how people are going to base their buying decisions.

If stock prices drop, I would find that to be indicative of it's reception outside of the enthusiast community. If we see a modest bump, I wouldn't think anything of it.

My curiosity stems for gaining a different perspective from a community that is interested in Nvidia's products.

Good news is announced on Mondays and Tuesdays so people can remember it. Bad news is announced on Fridays to hope people forget.
Nvidia announced Fermi on a Friday so that says a lot if you're into news making or investing.
Not too many stories carry over from the previous Friday. IMO they're hoping the shit storm calms down by Monday morning.

Back