Nvidia Announces the RTX 2060

So.. ah.. are they supposed to hit shelves tomorrow, or just available for companies to shove into their machines?

So.. ah.. are they supposed to hit shelves tomorrow, or just available for companies to shove into their machines?
We are taking delivery on one, but not before the NVIDIA embargo has passed. NV is still pushing back on HardOCP heavily with its AIBs. But we fully expected that to happen after exposing GPP for it was.

Fair enough.. so camping out in front of WürstBuy in my Nvidia footie pajamas tonight is probably a fruitless endeavor. :D

I thought that was because you refused to sign their post-GPP NDA?
I guess in my mind I consider those issues one in the same. That said, the way it is now, NVIDIA is telling AIBs that they are not to sample us even if we sign the AIBs NDA on the cards. NVIDIA is doing its best to make sure we do not get samples in order to have reviews before launch day or retail release day.

Not one AIB has even offered a card before embargo or retail release. And there are some AIBs that have never even mentioned their RTX 2060 cards to us.

Did you expect one of the AIBs you did sign with to provide a NV card for an early review even though you didn't sign NV's NDA?
No AIBs offered us an embargoes RTX 2060, and actually any RTX cards. HardOCP is on the NV blacklist. NV tells the AIBs who they cannot sample. We have never been offered to sign an AIB NDA since GPP.

This thing is all over the place. Depending on the resolution and game, I've seen it (slightly) ahead of a 1080, below a vega 56, and everywhere in-between. I wonder if this is due to the 6Gb of ram, or just the drivers need to mature a little more

I’m tempted by that little EVGA card for my second, small gaming PC (currently has a 1060), but I think I’d kick myself if the 1160 came out for $100 less and had the same performance. I don’t need the RTX stuff.

Back