NVIDIA Announces The New Titan X

A 750ti is very different to using a 980ti for offloading all of PhysX.
Too slow a card can cut the average framerate, he is lucky it remained the same with that card.
I dont thnk it will make a big difference anyway but it might be enough to help at 4K with a single Titan X.
Not that there are many games using PhysX GPU.

edit
Oddly in the same thread someone used a Titan X with GTX970, Arkham Origins showed a 20% average increase.
It was however one of the few games it helped.
Guru3D.com Forums - View Single Post - Dedicated PhysX For 980 TI?

Last edited:
Anyone get their shipping info yet? I ordered mine for next day delivery at 10am...Still no shipping confirmation.

Anyone get their shipping info yet? I ordered mine for next day delivery at 10am...Still no shipping confirmation.

I got mine about 5 mins ago. I did overnight as well, but I ordered at 8AM CST.

Edit: I just checked my tracking information and it says it was picked up. So I am assuming all the outgoing shipments are being scanned right now.

Crisis averted! Got shipping confirmation about 10 minutes ago.
I got mine about 5 mins ago. I did overnight as well, but I ordered at 8AM CST.
Yeah, I completed my order at around 09:04 EDT this morning and just got confirmation. I went with 2nd day air, but now I'm thinking I should've just spent the extra $10 for overnight... Just spent about $1,300 all in on a video card and I was being frugal with the damned shipping.

As much as I would LOVE the believe it, I am actually findind it very hard to believe that Pitan X OC's that well when 1080 and 1070 shows nowhere near as much OC headroom, despite being on the same microarch.\

But, 50% better than 1080 basically would seal the deal for me.

TX starting boost clock is around 13% lower, so there will be more gains when clocked to same as 1080. They had that TX at 1950 MHz, apparently: Overclockers UK Forums - View Single Post - Pascal Titan-X Launch

Yep I got my shipping info as well I should have it tomorrow morning!

As much as I would LOVE the believe it, I am actually findind it very hard to believe that Pitan X OC's that well when 1080 and 1070 shows nowhere near as much OC headroom, despite being on the same microarch.\

But, 50% better than 1080 basically would seal the deal for me.

Well, the official press release did suggest that the Titan might overclock better than other Pascal parts

TX starting boost clock is around 13% lower, so there will be more gains when clocked to same as 1080. They had that TX at 1950 MHz, apparently: Overclockers UK Forums - View Single Post - Pascal Titan-X Launch

Yeah, but you cant expect a chip with more cores to clock as high as a chip with fewer cores. Even if you successfully remove the extra heat, just random statistics will mean that a chip with many more cores will have at least one of them not able to hit as high a clock as a chip with fewer cores.

As always - however - the silicon lottery will decide. The bigger the chip, the more important the silicon lottery. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not quite expecting the Titan X to hit 2.2ghz, like the Founders Editions 1080's can.

More cores almost always result in lower clocks, even with good cooling, at least if you are comparing chips from the same process, at the same point in time (same level of maturity)

Reactions: Nenu
like this
I have to wait on reviews. And unlike you guys I'll need to return the 1080 to buy this. Can't afford both haha.

Mine didn't get shipped. Ordered 16m after go-live.
Are you on the west coast? Mine seemed to have shipped from MN and I'm in Chicago, so I think they may have a few distribution centers. Since last year when I ordered they shipped from TX. So it's possible that yours might have just not shipped yet today if you're on the West Coast.

Yeah, but you cant expect a chip with more cores to clock as high as a chip with fewer cores. Even if you successfully remove the extra heat, just random statistics will mean that a chip with many more cores will have at least one of them not able to hit as high a clock as a chip with fewer cores.

As always - however - the silicon lottery will decide. The bigger the chip, the more important the silicon lottery. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not quite expecting the Titan X to hit 2.2ghz, like the Founders Editions 1080's can.

More cores almost always result in lower clocks, even with good cooling, at least if you are comparing chips from the same process, at the same point in time (same level of maturity)

Oh definitely, though 2.2 GHz is a very rare OC on the 1080s, just from browsing around forums and Reddit most I would say top out around 2050.

So 1950, especially on a chip that is running a lot hotter with the stock cooler, is promising. Of course he could've gotten a golden sample :p We'll see as more results come in.

Oh definitely, though 2.2 GHz is a very rare OC on the 1080s, just from browsing around forums and Reddit most I would say top out around 2050.

So 1950, especially on a chip that is running a lot hotter with the stock cooler, is promising. Of course he could've gotten a golden sample :p We'll see as more results come in.

Damn and I thought my new as of tonight PNY 1080 FA was a golden card as I can run at 2126Mhz so far on the screamer fan! Other card of the 2 likes 2050-2065Mhz :/ Got water blocks for them so i'm excited to see what happends.

Congrats on scoring the Titans gus!

Awaiting results of how bad of a choice I made going 1080 SLI over it. heh

Did some very quick napkin math, with my current prices, I am actually quite surprised that, coming from a single 970, a 1080 has better performance increase per dollar spent than 1070 (most use performance per dollar, which I don't believe is a correct metric in my case, since you are not buying all of the card's performance, you are effectively buying the performance DIFFERENCE between your old and new).

Pitan is approximately 20% more expensive than 1080 in that regard, which makes it much too tempting. Still, I am very surprised that Fallout 4 has similar performance compared to TW3 with Hardware Canuck's review, I always thought they were quite a world apart.

I am not sure if at this stage I would WANT to wait for 1080ti.

Did some very quick napkin math, with my current prices, I am actually quite surprised that, coming from a single 970, a 1080 has better performance increase per dollar spent than 1070 (most use performance per dollar, which I don't believe is a correct metric in my case, since you are not buying all of the card's performance, you are effectively buying the performance DIFFERENCE between your old and new).

Pitan is approximately 20% more expensive than 1080 in that regard, which makes it much too tempting. Still, I am very surprised that Fallout 4 has similar performance compared to TW3 with Hardware Canuck's review, I always thought they were quite a world apart.

I am not sure if at this stage I would WANT to wait for 1080ti.

If you can afford a Titan then get it. You'll be very happy with it. :)

Yeah, still waiting on shipping email. Ordered from UK, 3pm local time yesterday...

I suspect using Paypal didn't help me, but didn't seem to have a choice in the UK.

Anyone buying the card, just remember need to increase not just Power Target but also Temperature Target closer to max and fan profile % speed somewhere between 50% to 61% at 80 degrees depending how much performance to quietness one can handle.
Higher fan will mean less clock jumping-inconsistencies that PCPer noted when OC.
Cheers

The relatively fast release of this after the other gtx 10xx cards kind of makes me wonder how long we'll have to wait for the 1080ti. I promised myself I'd hang on on upgrading until there was a true 4k60 card, the TX is on that line, but soooo expensive. I'd probably puke if I bought it and the ti hit in like a month :p

"So with all of that being said, what was achieved? With the generous 20% Power Limit overhead NVIDIA currently provides, a constant core frequency of 1923MHz and GDDR5X modules that operated just north of 11Gbps. Remember, the TITAN X’s Boost speed is listed at about 1500MHz. It did require a fan speed of 50% but that still wasn’t all that bad from an acoustics perspective.

Naturally, the kind of raw framerates that are achievable at those speeds is like trying to take a drink from a fire hose. Words just can’t describe it so I’ll let some charts do the talking. In short what you are seeing is a single TITAN X achieve performance levels that almost approach two GTX 1080’s in SLI. I don't care what side of the AMD / NVIDIA divide you are swinging from; that's just bonkers. "

If I ask myself the question, "Does nvidia think a 1080ti will sell at Xmas, despite zero competition, for $800-900, and thus release one?" I'd say that's most likely a, "Yes".

However, I wouldn't wanna risk it; I wanna game now! That's largely why I plunged.

Also, from a 980 I'm getting a straight out double performance increase with a Titan XP. Never had a graphics card upgrade like that since, I guess, 3dfx Voodoo2 -> Voodoo3 3000 is about the best I can think of.

My napkin math:

My current 980 = 1519mhz x 2048 cuda cores = 3110912 'performance points'.
So, ignoring arch differences (Paxwell innit!), the Titan-X has 3584 cores, so it'll need to run at 868mhz to match my 980 performance ((3110912 / 3840) * 868), therefore, 1736mhz will give me straight double performance, and anything beyond is a bonus. This gets me to 4K in all my games I'm playing now and thus solves that problem.

Time to find out what these can really do.

Hmm, MSI Afterburner cannot read the cards voltages. Anyone have any ideas?

My cards are boosting to 1853 MHz out of the box.

Hmm, MSI Afterburner cannot read the cards voltages. Anyone have any ideas?

My cards are boosting to 1853 MHz out of the box.
Based on the pcper review the beta version of msi afterburner should work. Sick boost out of the box!

My god I wish mine would hurry up and ship!

I have Beta 4.3. Voltage is not read.

I'm in 18C ambient, fans are at 100% until I can get my Hybrid coolers on them.

So far stable at 2000 MHz. I think we may have a beast on our hands. :)

First run of Pascal Titan

Callsign_Vega --- 6700K / 4.8 GHz --- Titan X (Pascal), 2050 / 5693 --- 161.7 --- 6764

Even with 4.8 GHz 6700K GPU was under max quite a bit.

Back