NVIDIA Announces The New Titan X

GPU-Z is the only app I can find that can read the voltage. But still nothing that can increase it.

Looks like the stock cooler, mostly the stock fan profile, is pretty shitty. Vega has the right idea going straight to water/hybrid watercooling.

Free shipping was 3-7 (presumably business) days - they have 3-7 [business] days to get the card in your hands. They're clearly prioritizing overnight shipping orders (which sucks for us but it is what it is).

That is fine as long as they automatically upgrade the shipping speed to account for the fact that they aren't shipping immediately.

I guess I just don't have faith that they'll be doing this.

Looks like the stock cooler, mostly the stock fan profile, is pretty shitty. Vega has the right idea going straight to water/hybrid watercooling.

Bit of hyperbole there. I'm boosting to 1911 MHz in game in ARK with a pretty standard fan profile (yes, it does not support SLI natively). 63 C temps...I mean, c'mon. That's with a +140 MHz Core Clock OC in MSI Afterburner.

[click to enlarge]

There's absolutely no need to water cool these cards. Do it for fun, sure.

Bit of hyperbole there. I'm boosting to 1911 MHz in game in ARK with a pretty standard fan profile (yes, it does not support SLI natively).

[click to enlarge]

That's good to know. I might have to save my pennies. These look way to good to pass up.

Bit of hyperbole there. I'm boosting to 1911 MHz in game in ARK with a pretty standard fan profile (yes, it does not support SLI natively). 63 C temps...I mean, c'mon. That's with a +140 MHz Core Clock OC in MSI Afterburner.

[click to enlarge]

Dunno how demanding ARK is, I'm just going off of what I saw in the video. Maybe his card was somehow faulty? He tried it on Metro 2033 Last Light, his card also always instantly went to 84C, like all stock Nvidia cards do, they adjust the fan speed up to 50% to stay at that temp/below. How high is your fan speed cranked up to?

Dunno how demanding ARK is, I'm just going off of what I saw in the video. Maybe his card was somehow faulty? He tried it on Metro 2033 Last Light, his card also always instantly went to 84C, like all stock Nvidia cards do, they adjust the fan speed up to 50% to stay at that temp/below. How high is your fan speed cranked up to?

[click to enlarge]

I've been using NVIDIA reference blowers since the GTX 580. If you properly cool your system and allow for adequate airflow - they're the ONLY choice for SLI. I have never felt that I have had a deficient setup due to the blower. I've used Lightning, Classified, and even Kingpin cards. They're fun but it's just "wasted money" - in the sense that you buy to have fun with it (much like water cooling) versus the actual performance gained. Fun to play with a binned card, for example.

I got mine today...but I am not a fan of blower style coolers. So I did this instead..

It is a EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid Kit. Of course I had to do a couple modifications for it to fit.

1). Create a space for the six pin power connector.

2). Create a space for one of the phases that is not present on the 1080

28649202692_cd891e58f7_c.jpg

28649202652_ae35317102_c.jpg

28136875844_612d8e9b19_c.jpg

28470309800_be52c13e32_c.jpg

[click to enlarge]

I've been using NVIDIA reference blowers since the GTX 580. If you properly cool your system and allow for adequate airflow - they're the ONLY choice for SLI. I have never felt that I have had a deficient setup due to the blower. I've used Lightning, Classified, and even Kingpin cards. They're fun but it's just "wasted money" - in the sense that you buy to have fun with it (much like water cooling) versus the actual performance gained. Fun to play with a binned card, for example.

The non reference cards can have better cooling and quieter fans.. I've been using sli since voodoo 2 as well.

Most sli set ups I went with water cooling. The last setup I had the gigabyte 980 g1 in sli and that was great for air cooling with only 1 slot in between cards.

Thsee 1080s cook in sli.. I've tried 2 zotac amp edition cards and even non over clocked the top card would cook at 80-84c at 100% fans.My motherboard is horizontal with only 1 slot in between so using a non reference 1080 was not smart. Exchanged for pny reference cards (only few cards Mc had) and temps much better now! Like 50-55c max and when over clocked at like upper 60s low 70s 85% fans but there loud. 70% is fine.

So now I'm back to needing to go water cooling again't to stick with sli.

I got mine today...but I am not a fan of blower style coolers. So I did this instead..

It is a EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid Kit. Of course I had to do a couple modifications for it to fit.

Fantastic clean job there. Temps?

Can you show and tell us what you did for number 2 (extra phase)?

I caved and bought one. Upgrading my 980 Ti to the Titan X and giving my girlfriend the 980 Ti to replace her XFX 290. I have all next week off work and the girlfriend will be in Europe so I am planning for one hell of an epic gaming session.

I would be happy if they would just ship the one I ordered 2 days ago.

I would be happy if they would just ship the one I ordered 2 days ago.

Mine finally did ship, initially with a Friday delivery date, but it must have gone out to FedEx too late, so now I have a Saturday delivery date.

Got these babies all set up, time to dial in the overclocks for SLI.

Good morning, I just placed my order for one of these and am having it overnighted so I will hopefully have it for the weekend. My question to you is how difficult was it to put the hybrid kit on? I was able to put the 980Ti shroud on my current Titan X, but I am a bit leery of trying it on this one. Is there anything that you would recommend I be mindful of or is it fairly straight forward? Thank you for any guidance.

I used standard. Because I'm a moron and thought I could wait. Then I found this thread :)
Overnight Afternoon. This should give someone a chuckle. I ordered the card, saw the tax, saw the shipping and decided I was not willing to pay the extra $4.00 to have it sent first AM vs. afternoon.

Reactions: Slug
like this
So... still no email, but apparently it's already been shipped, in the country (UK), arrived at the local post office, and has been very kindly picked up by my mum on her daily walk this morning!

Just been round hers to pick it up, thanks mum! Love you. :love:

Almost as much as...

IMG_20160804_151310.jpg

IMG_20160804_151150.jpg

And the crazy Peugeot van radiator that's now solely cooling my 4790K...

IMG_20160804_144503.jpg

...and I reckon I'm gunna franken-mod an old Innovatek Geforce 2 Waterblock I still have lying around...

IMG_20160804_153030.jpg

..but not today! :p

open

Last edited:
I used standard. Because I'm a moron and thought I could wait. Then I found this thread :)

Ditto, and ditto

My theory was, EK water block won't be out for a couple of weeks anyway, what's the rush?

Then I saw everyone playing with them in this thread, and I regretted that.

So... still no email, but apparently it's already been shipped, in the country (UK), arrived at the local post office, and has been very kindly picked up by my mum on her daily walk this morning!

Just been round hers to pick it up, thanks mum! Love you. :love:

Almost as much as...

O97Han-ZcBb5XYorIrQQ3lFdshCQ02rER2z1KJ3iNrpAKcCVC9wVdgkjXng94cofsc62pUECYYk9-t8=w1920-h955

GArCqCG0474dfjlnB4KeXDmHv1crHebxzyMGtarYPN_FQIlqiMMae9E0Xht-8_SAJQkMUKcmQKP7BOI=w1920-h955

And the crazy Peugeot van radiator that's now solely cooling my 4790K...

0O4nQCPWrDPDxWIqlzbxHUzVqe7bUIKGkz72UsYlSueUvTxwNdM8LsatSkp1qlSmh2SoW_9iBFMivzg=w1920-h955

...and I reckon I'm gunna franken-mod an old Innovatek Geforce 2 Waterblock I still have lying around...

UMWpXeTz66poXIG2nplefu02unDnyz2OPt0r1aJHwFUA0MsT0NNRRJ-NxddOEVA2t8u1p_qI5TR2AuI=w1920-h955

..but not today! :p

open

Wow, been a while since I've seen a full on custom (by this I mean, using auto-parts and plumbing supplies, not parts inteded for PC water cooling) setup.

As long as I get it by next week when I'm off work I'll be happy.

Wow, been a while since I've seen a full on custom (by this I mean, using auto-parts and plumbing supplies, not parts inteded for PC water cooling) setup.

Old skool. :cool:

And that's a 90p shampoo bottle sitting right next to that £1,099 graphics card. :ROFLMAO:

Old skool. :cool:

And that's a 90p shampoo bottle sitting right next to that £1,099 graphics card. :ROFLMAO:

I always wanted to get into water cooling in the old full on custom days, but I never got around to it. I actually had a Vapochill once, but it never worked out for me.

I recall the old open loops with shower heads instead of radiators. Those were hilarious.

Do you guys at least get a shipping notice?? Have to sign for the package?

My tracking does not indicate that it has signature confirmation. Honestly, the only times I've had to sign for a package in the last 10 years or so, was when I ordered my Samsung JS9000 48" TV, and - for some reason - when my CPU waterblock was delivered from EK in Slovenia.

Usually everything is just left outside the door. At first this made me uneasy, but I've never had anything stolen (knock on wood)...

Its much more convenient this way, because back in the bad old days when everything required a signature, they would always come when I was at work, and I never got my packages directly. Had to wait until the next day when I could pick it up 20 miles away at the distribution center, because if they retried delivery, I still wouldn't be at home, because they only used to deliver during business hours.

it's like they expected anyone who ordered anything online to be unemployed or something. Pissed me the hell off. If they were going to offer residential service, they shoulddeliver packages outside of normal business hours when people are home.

My tracking does not indicate that it has signature confirmation. Honestly, the only times I've had to sign for a package in the last 10 years or so, was when I ordered my Samsung JS9000 48" TV, and - for some reason - when my CPU waterblock was delivered from EK in Slovenia.

Usually everything is just left outside the door. At first this made me uneasy, but I've never had anything stolen (knock on wood)...

Its much more convenient this way, because back in the bad old days when everything required a signature, they would always come when I was at work, and I never got my packages directly. Had to wait until the next day when I could pick it up 20 miles away at the distribution center, because if they retried delivery, I still wouldn't be at home, because they only used to deliver during business hours.

it's like they expected anyone who ordered anything online to be unemployed or something. Pissed me the hell off. If they were going to offer residential service, they shoulddeliver packages outside of normal business hours when people are home.

Or you could, you know, have it delivered at work. :)

Mine did not require a signature. Honestly, I'd prefer it did - over $2K of hardware just sitting on your doorstep. Luckily we were home.

Or you could, you know, have it delivered at work. :)

Mine did not require a signature. Honestly, I'd prefer it did - over $2K of hardware just sitting on your doorstep. Luckily we were home.

I never thought of doing that. It somehow fels wrong to use company resources for personal use. Is this typical? In my 15 years in a professional capacity I've never done it.

I mean, incoming and receiving have enough work without having to deal with employees personal packages...

So I guess mine is finally shipping today. No notice from nvidia, but according to my fedex account I have a package from digital river coming on Saturday.

I never thought of doing that. It somehow fels wrong to use company resources for personal use. Is this typical? In my 15 years in a professional capacity I've never done it.

I mean, incoming and receiving have enough work without having to deal with employees personal packages...

If you did it all the time it might be a concern but for a package or two a year? I'd not sweat it.

If it's that big of a deal to you not to involve your work with it, work from home the day or two you think it is coming in.

In my country its a common practice. Its a mix of a service and a benefit for both parties. Hardly any extra work is really involved.

After I had $600 of snowboarding equipment stolen from my condo while I was home a while back I used to ship everything to work. They never complained, but I worked at a pretty chill local software company then. I doubt it's a problem, just ask.

I work @ home now so it's never an issue when packages are delivered.

Back