Nvidia announces Streamline, universal framework for super-resolution technologies, Intel is onboard.

ChosenUno

[H]ard|Gawd
Nvidia Streamline has been designed so that developers have an easy plug and play framework between the game and render API. As the creator of Streamline, Nvidia already has DLSS and DLAA plugins ready, and it is preparing an NIS plugin, as well as a real-time denoiser filter.

"Instead of manually integrating each SDK, developers simply identify which resources (motion vectors, depth, etc.) are required for the target super-resolution plug-ins and then set where they want the plug-ins to run in their graphics pipeline," explains Nvidia. "Making multiple technologies easier for developers to integrate, Streamline benefits gamers with more technologies in more games."

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/n...fy-developer-support-for-upscaling-algorithms

This is great news for gamers, as developers now have an easy way to just drop these super sampling processes straight into their game without too much fuss, as well as being able to switch provider or even provide multiple options.

I hope this spark a race between the various SS techniques, us consumers can only benefit.

Nice that this is being done but I can’t help but wonder if this will benefit Nvidia more than anyone else as Nvidia doesn’t usually do something to benefit other vendors. Maybe I will be surprised….

Nice that this is being done but I can’t help but wonder if this will benefit Nvidia more than anyone else as Nvidia doesn’t usually do something to benefit other vendors. Maybe I will be surprised….
I could be misreading, but maybe they could have feared to have been "forced" out, if AMD/Intel motion vector ways would have end up different and everyone would have done it that different way on console (because on console almost 100% of content is almost 100% upscaled for people with 4K tv, which is a lot of people), that could have pushed DLSS out ?

Specially if Intel come up with an open intelligent system everyone can use. Considering that now that AMD goes into motion vector.

For those who want to look:
https://github.com/NVIDIAGameWorks/Streamline

It is open, but there is a lot of CUDA and other Nvidia specific variable name in there, so maybe there is a lot of good for them if that plugin become the standard to make it really easy for everyone that use it, to add Nvidia specific features.

Last edited:
It is open but there is a lot of CUDA and other Nvidia specific variable name in there, so maybe there is a lot of good for them if that plugin become the standard to make it really easy for everyone that use it, to add Nvidia specific features.
The CUDA stuff could be translated over to OpenCL at a driver level by AMD and Intel

Back