NVIDIA Announces Financial Results For Fourth Quarter And Fiscal 2016

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today reported record revenue for the fourth quarter ended January 31, 2016, of $1.40 billion, up 12 percent from $1.25 billion a year earlier, and up 7 percent from $1.30 billion in the previous quarter. Revenue for fiscal 2016 was a record $5.01 billion, up 7 percent from $4.68 billion a year earlier. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.35, inclusive of a restructuring charge of $0.04 per diluted share. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.52, up 21 percent from $0.43 a year earlier and up 13 percent from $0.46 in the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the full year were $1.08, inclusive of restructuring charges of $0.15 per diluted share. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $1.67, up 18 percent from $1.42 a year earlier.

Machine learning.
Tesla > nvidia
Google > nvidia
Apple > nvidia

Or so I have been told.

Tesla uses Nvidia
Google also use nvidia to some extent
Apple hasn't "invented" Machine Learning yet

You know nvidia is doing great when Charlie no longer predicts its fall.
I miss when Charlie "explained" nvidia's tactics to hide its financial problems and that it would ultimately go down.

You know nvidia is doing great when Charlie no longer predicts its fall.
I miss when Charlie "explained" nvidia's tactics to hide its financial problems and that it would ultimately go down.

This!

I absolutely adored when he predicted massive yield issues during the GTX 480/470 launch, but the cards were more widely available than the MIA HD 5850 originally launched at $260.

Nvidia posted record profits! I haven't paid Charlie any mind since.

Even 6 months after launch you had to watch "in stock" websites like a hawk to get your $350 HD 5850! It wasn't until the launch of the GTX 460 that they finally got stock (and price down to $300).

That said, this growth is just them consuming AMD. It's unsustainable in the long run, so hopefully they're making inroads for Tegra in cars.

Back