NVIDIA Announces DLSS 2.0 and New GeForce 445.75 Game Ready Drivers

erek

[H]F Junkie
Seems as if a decent chunk of an update

"As mentioned earlier, DLSS 2.0 offers image quality comparable to original resolution while only rendering 1/4 or1/2 the pixels. It then uses new temporal feedback techniques to reconstruct details in the image. DLSS 2.0 is also able to use tensor cores on GeForce RTX GPUs "more efficiently," to execute "2x faster" than the original DLSS. Lastly, DLSS 2.0 gives users greater control over the image quality, which affects the rendering resolution of your game: quality, balanced (1:2), and performance (1:4), where the ratio denotes rendering-resolution to display resolution. Resolution scaling is a sure-shot way to gain performance, but at noticeable quality loss. DLSS uses AI to restore some of the details. The difference between performance gained from resolution scaling and AI-based image quality enhancement is the net DLSS performance uplift. In addition to DLSS 2.0, GeForce 445.75 drivers come game-ready for "Half Life: Alyx.""

https://www.techpowerup.com/265006/...2-0-and-new-geforce-445-75-game-ready-drivers

Maybe this will fix the random white spot/reflections in Modern Warfare. Not sure if it is driver related or patch related, but a few weeks back I started to get that issue.

This is huge. Will make ray tracing viable on even an RTX 2060, look at that Control screenshot.

Maybe this will fix the random white spot/reflections in Modern Warfare. Not sure if it is driver related or patch related, but a few weeks back I started to get that issue.
There are no documented fixes in this release, just new game support and DLSS 2.0 in a couple titles.

There are no documented fixes in this release, just new game support and DLSS 2.0 in a couple titles.

Bravo Nvidia!...hyping DLSS since August 2018, talking about how great it is for almost 2 years with limited game support, and then releasing it 7 months after Control launched and people already played through it.
tenor.gif

Quite frankly, Nvidia should be giving all their owners rebates for the limited ray tracing and DLSS games available after their August 2018 presentation implying it was the future of all games starting then.

Last edited:
Very cool if this extends the lifespan to the 2000 series.

It looks great. Really great.

I'm confused - is this being added to the driver control panel itself (like force FXAA,or DSR)? Or is it just being included in more games through patches (new driver require to support those games?)

I thought DLSS was too complex to just insert into games. That was the issue at launch.

Bravo Nvidia!...hyping DLSS since August 2018, talking about how great it is for almost 2 years with limited game support, and then releasing it 7 months after Control launched and people already played through it.
View attachment 232566

Quite frankly, Nvidia should be giving all their owners rebates for the limited ray tracing and DLSS games available after their August 2018 presentation implying it was the future of all games starting then.

Control has had DLSS for a while. This driver updates whats in Control to the newer version of DLSS, which has been used in games like Wolf: Youngblood.

Nvidia's initial version of DLSS didn't work as good as they expected so they went back to re-work it and make it better.

Last edited:
I'm confused - is this being added to the driver control panel itself (like force FXAA,or DSR)? Or is it just being included in more games through patches (new driver require to support those games?)

I thought DLSS was too complex to just insert into games. That was the issue at launch.
The blog post and accompanying video explains that they simplified the algorithm so it is more general and easier to apply to games. The game needs to call the routine(s) explicitly from my understanding, so the games that already used v1.0 will need an update. The driver needed an update to be able to properly communicate the routines to the hardware. At least that is my high-level understanding of it.

The blog post and accompanying video explains that they simplified the algorithm so it is more general and easier to apply to games. The game needs to call the routine(s) explicitly from my understanding, so the games that already used v1.0 will need an update. The driver needed an update to be able to properly communicate the routines to the hardware. At least that is my high-level understanding of it.

So, not added to the driver control panel, but Nvidia is making the standard Press Release to prod devs to update their older games.

It was a bit confusing when Nvidia said "much easier to insert. I assume that by adding it to the drivers, theyb were talking about a hackjob to insert it into games.

So, not added to the driver control panel, but Nvidia is making the standard Press Release to prod devs to update their older games.

It was a bit confusing when Nvidia said "much easier to insert. I assume that by adding it to the drivers, theyb were talking about a hackjob to insert it into games.

Let's face it. By the time everyone gets their shit together to get DLSS and ray tracing working on the bulk of the games released when they are released, the next gen will be out. All I learned from the debacle of Turing was that I should have bought a 1080Ti at launch and I could have kept it for 4 years unless I absolutely needed the extra oomph of the 2080Ti. At launch the next best 2080 was essentially the same performance. The man in the leather jacket lied to all of us in August 2018.

Let's face it. By the time everyone gets their shit together to get DLSS and ray tracing working on the bulk of the games released when they are released, the next gen will be out. All I learned from the debacle of Turing was that I should have bought a 1080Ti at launch and I could have kept it for 4 years unless I absolutely needed the extra oomph of the 2080Ti. At launch the next best 2080 was essentially the same performance. The man in the leather jacket lied to all of us in August 2018.

Pretty true for me. I did however get a 2080 ti at a great price so the extra performance is welcome. I still haven't even bothered with RTX or DLSS. But I typically wait a while to buy new games often for the bugs and other stuff to get patched. I do like this DLSS 2.0 though, looks very promising.

I have been enjoying MW5:Mercs and it supposedly has DLSS2.0 or so says the email nVidia just sent me so I am going to have to spin it up. Granted I’m only playing at 1440p but it will still be good to check it out.

Why is anyone excited about this? Nvidia found a way to better upscale with AI on the cards, so they are able to lower resolution even more. How can anyone possibly be excited about the lowering of resolution in games? We should never be lowering source resolution to upscale at the end.

View attachment 232566

Breakthrough technology takes time to perfect, nothing happens overnight. Nobody expected miracles with DLSS but what NVIDIA has done with DLSS 2.0 is nothing short of amazing. Too bad AMD has nothing like it. I feel sorry for all the Navi owners who now will have to spend money again on Navi 2 to get RT which Turing already has and now does better with DLSS 2.0.

Breakthrough technology takes time to perfect, nothing happens overnight. Nobody expected miracles with DLSS but what NVIDIA has done with DLSS 2.0 is nothing short of amazing. Too bad AMD has nothing like it.

Actually Nvidia has nothing like it either outside of a couple games :p. Which is exactly my point.

Actually Nvidia has nothing like it either outside of a couple games :p. Which is exactly my point.

No you don't have a point seeing how DLSS 2.0 is a new rework and is in AAA games already. How many games with RT or even anything remotely like DLSS does AMD have? Just imagine all the Navi 1 and big Navi tears when Cyberpunk drops and if a 2070S with DLSS 2.0 + RT outperforms Big Navi with RT. If it does, I'll come back to this post and ask you if DLSS was a hyped worthless feature.

No you don't have a point seeing how DLSS 2.0 is a new rework and is in AAA games already. How many games with RT or even anything remotely like DLSS does AMD have? Just imagine all the Navi 1 and big Navi tears when Cyberpunk drops and if a 2070S with DLSS 2.0 + RT outperforms Big Navi with RT. If it does, I'll come back to this post and ask you if DLSS was a hyped worthless feature.
Wait till the next generation of consoles, which are based on AMD technology. We aren't gonna see any real big shifts in new engine technology until it becomes easier to use on console.

Last edited:
Wait till the next generation of consoles, which are based on AMD technology. We aren't gonna see any real big shifts in platform technology until it becomes easier to use on console.

DXR will be more widely used but DLSS 2.0 is independent of that.

Reactions: noko
like this
Wait till the next generation of consoles, which are based on AMD technology. We aren't gonna see any real big shifts in platform technology until it becomes easier to use on console.

It's going to appear on Switch (Volta is the next Nvidia upgrade). Going to be a lot more impressive than the current upscaling tricks used on AMD-powered consoles.

Can you imagine getting 4k DLSS on 1080p input? And the upgrade to Volta should be twice as fast as Maxwell (even before the addition of DLSS)

Last edited:
It's going to appear on Switch (Volta is the next Nvidia upgrade). Going to be a lot more impressive than the current upscaling tricks used on AMD-powered consoles.
I keep hoping that they can somehow make a switch with a G-Sync screen, I'd pay a pretty big premium for that. (As well as 4k)
But I know I'm not the market that Nintendo usually caters too.

*is literally playing Animal Crossing right now*

Reactions: Auer
like this

This has nothing to do with AMD, so you're beating the straw man there.

This has everything to do with an August 2018 presentation by your leather-jacket clad hero strutting around talking about how ray tracing and DLSS were the greatest things coming to games near you. The fact that we are this close to the next generation of cards before the defining feature of the current generation is even remotely being used and at best that's coming in patches MONTHS after release is a joke.

And once again, another RTX apologist citing an unreleased Cyberpunk game...just like they have been since Turing launched.

Personally, I sold my 2080S, and am going to wait and see what comes next. If I had to do it all over again, I would have held onto my 1080Ti instead of selling it expecting more from a lackluster Turing performance.

Last edited:
I keep hoping that they can somehow make a switch with a G-Sync screen, I'd pay a pretty big premium for that. (As well as 4k)
But I know I'm not the market that Nintendo usually caters too.

*is literally playing Animal Crossing right now*

Yeah, Gync has added costs due to the local frame buffer. Not hapening on a stock Switch. Maybe they could introduce it as a Switch Pro feature.

There's nothing stopping them from adding Freesync to the Switch, but I don't think the frame-rate range on cheap screens is viable.

I think the easiest thing they could do for vsync issues on the Swich is change to Fastsync. The input lag wouldn't be impacted much, and it's virtually tear-free.

I just went back to try to finish Control (I played 1 hour before just to test it). The game and graphics are amazing.

Granted, performance could be better. On max settings I was only getting around 45 fps on a 2080 Ti (1080p ultrawide). But with DLSS and medium settings I'm at around 90 fps and it still looks amazing.

Just enabling DLSS with settings still at max got me to around 70 fps, which is about 50% boost. Pretty significant and it still looks great.

Well worth playing for ray tracing, first game that actually makes the 2080 Ti price somewhat worth it.

Let's face it. By the time everyone gets their shit together to get DLSS and ray tracing working on the bulk of the games released when they are released, the next gen will be out.

Yeah, it's getting a bit old with them constantly talking about all these new features and me constantly finding out that none ever apply to any of the games that I actually play.

But then again, if I try to be fair, it's really always been like that. When DirectX 9 came out, for example, I was still playing games that mostly used DirectX 7, 8, or 8.1.

This has nothing to do with AMD, so you're beating the straw man there.

This has everything to do with an August 2018 presentation by your leather-jacked clad hero strutting around talking about how ray tracing and DLSS were the greatest things coming to games near you. The fact that we are this close to the next generation of cards before the defining feature of the current generation is even remotely being used and at best that's coming in patches MONTHS after release is a joke.

And once again, another RTX apologist citing an unreleased Cyberpunk game...just like they have been since Turing launched.

Personally, I sold my 2080S, and am going to wait and see what comes next. If I had to do it all over again, I would have held onto my 1080Ti instead of selling it expecting more from a lackluster Turing performance.

It has everything to do with AMD as it's the competitor to these products. There's no apologies needed for RTX and DLSS, it works, it's here and is improving which a lot of people refer to as "fine wine".

...and I thought that was just me. Mostly happens when I'm really close to cover and I'm coming out of aiming down sights....

It has everything to do with AMD as it's the competitor to these products. There's no apologies needed for RTX and DLSS, it works, it's here and is improving which a lot of people refer to as "fine wine".

That's just plain stupid. It "works" when you happen to use one of the precious few handful of games that have something enabled for it. It is in no way, shape, or form a global feature. Otherwise, it's just a contest of who can push the most rasterized content. And Nvidia happens to do that above a certain point. And unfortunately, Nvidia makes you pay out the nose for anything above what the 5700 series can keep up with.

If I made a comment like, "The AMD 5700 series works, it's here and is improving which a lot of people refer to as 'fine wine'." You'd lose your mind telling me that I was being foolish. Meanwhile, you sit there and say it's getting better ever since 2018.

RTX is a joke. It's a shame when you need AMD in the form of next gen consoles to force developers to add the "features" to games, especially near launch. It might very well be a rosy future, but that future isn't now unless you limit yourself to an extremely minor subset of games.

...and I thought that was just me. Mostly happens when I'm really close to cover and I'm coming out of aiming down sights....
This is listed as an open issue in the release notes. So it's not fixed, but they're working on it.
1585169347010.png

Page 13
https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/445.75/445.75-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

That's just plain stupid. It "works" when you happen to use one of the precious few handful of games that have something enabled for it. It is in no way, shape, or form a global feature. Otherwise, it's just a contest of who can push the most rasterized content. And Nvidia happens to do that above a certain point. And unfortunately, Nvidia makes you pay out the nose for anything above what the 5700 series can keep up with.

If I made a comment like, "The AMD 5700 series works, it's here and is improving which a lot of people refer to as 'fine wine'." You'd lose your mind telling me that I was being foolish. Meanwhile, you sit there and say it's getting better ever since 2018.

RTX is a joke. It's a shame when you need AMD in the form of next gen consoles to force developers to add the "features" to games, especially near launch. It might very well be a rosy future, but that future isn't now unless you limit yourself to an extremely minor subset of games.

Except the proof is right in front of your face of it improving, hence DLSS 2.0 You can't make the same claim about AMD. AMD wasn't needed to push DXR forward, that was Microsoft or are we going to pretend AMD invented ray tracing? Even if DLSS 2.0 and ray tracing had ONE AAA game out there, that would mean NVIDIA pushed the technological limits and changed the market, calling it "a joke" is just plain sour grapes/fanboy drivel.

https://hothardware.com/news/nvidia-dlss-20-geforce-rtx-gpus-leap-performance

The performance gains w/no IQ penalty is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure if AMD had done it, we'd see a different tone here praising Dr. Lisa Su (Peace be upon her) up and down the aisles.

Except the proof is right in front of your face of it improving, hence DLSS 2.0 You can't make the same claim about AMD. AMD wasn't needed to push DXR forward, that was Microsoft or are we going to pretend AMD invented ray tracing?

There are 4 games that use DLSS 2.0. FOUR GAMES! The most recently released was 4 months ago in Dec. 2019. THAT'S MY POINT. By the time it is mainstream your precious Turing card will be replaced by something better.

This has nothing to do with AMD. I don't know why you keep bringing them up. Their only relevance is next gen consoles.

There are 4 games that use DLSS 2.0. FOUR GAMES! The most recently released was 4 months ago in Dec. 2019. THAT'S MY POINT. By the time it is mainstream your precious Turing card will be replaced by something better.

This has nothing to do with AMD. I don't know why you keep bringing them up.

That's 4 more games w/features Navi users can only look on with envy and I suspect Big Navi too since AMD has no DLSS 2.0 equivalent that we know of. As the # of games increases, I'm sure I'll hear "well hurrr durr it only took 1+ year to get here". Well no shit sherlock, quality software dev takes time and so does breakthrough technology.

That's 4 more games w/features Navi users can only look on with envy and I suspect Big Navi too since AMD has no DLSS 2.0 equivalent that we know of.

Those 4 games still play on a Navi card though. And more to your point, 4 games I can still play on a Pascal card.

You're right. Pascal and Navi users are SO ENVIOUS that they can't wait to run out and drop $500+ on a new card to play one of those 4 games.

Maybe if you're lucky by next driver release they'll be up to 6.

Those 4 games still play on a Navi card though. And more to your point, 4 games I can still play on a Pascal card.

You're right. Pascal and Navi users are SO ENVIOUS that they can't wait to run out and drop $500+ on a new card to play one of those 4 games.

Except with no DXR or DLSS 2.0. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

P.S. Calling this a "joke' just shows sour grapes/fanboyism:

Nobody who appreciates technology could ever say this is a joke with a straight face unless they have an agenda.

Back