Nvidia announcement livestream 5/6/2016 @6PM PST

I didn't watch the stream. What's the founders card got?

I didn't watch the stream. What's the founders card got?
Nobody's really sure. Possibly a reference card with cherry-picked overclockable GPUs and better cooling. And just as possibly, they might be bog-standard reference cards, nothing special, except you can buy them in the month of May.

This is the "WOW" and "WHAT" lady.

She likes to "play two games at the same time" or 3 or dicks or something

Snip*

PS - I think that might me Tony Hawk's Cousin

When I first saw her, on Nvidia Twitch, I thought she had a baby lol

If this is 15-20% faster, on average, than my 980ti I think I'll get one (or two?) in the fall and watercool it. See how much performance I can push out of it.

If this is 15-20% faster, on average, than my 980ti I think I'll get one (or two?) in the fall and watercool it. See how much performance I can push out of it.

It's an overclocked 980Ti performance for an overclocked 980Ti price.

I can't wait to see if they are really twice as fast as Titan X. I just bought one, used, but still.

Almost forgot, I'm going to have to buy a new 3 way sli bridge for those 1080s... more money.

Well its 20-25% faster then a stock 980ti, and about what 5-10% faster then an 980ti overclocked model? For $599?

I honestly not impressed. I expected a bigger performance leap going from 28nm to 16nm.

Of course these are just midrange cards. So I guess it's expected?

TBH after seeing this I am worried AMD's card will also be a let down.

The DP1.4 thing was on the 1080 video that they played while Jen-Hsun went off stage to pick one up before announcing the price.

Also looks like 10% fewer transistors than the 980 Ti / Titan X.

Very questionable upgrade for TItan X/980 ti users right now however the Titan/ti versions should be awesome. Nothing too exciting or surprising I guess (I'm not doing VR or surround yet though, I'd see things differently then).

Huh? What games are you having trouble with at 1080 on a GTX 970 right now? I had a single 970 forever and only went for SLI after I upgraded to a 1440 display.

Rise of The Tomb Raider
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Witcher 3

I should have been more clear. I meant for a good 60 frame rates.

Well its 20-25% faster then a stock 980ti, and about what 5-10% faster then an 980ti overclocked model? For $599?

I honestly not impressed. I expected a bigger performance leap going from 28nm to 16nm.

Yes its expected. 1080Ti and Pascal Titan will be the true replacements for the 980Ti and TitanX.

Well all that with a 30% drop in power consumption. Looking at 180watts vs 250 watts.

You know another thing....is why is Nvidia still going to use an SLI bridge?.....Is it really to milk more money out of people?

STOP COMPARING TO FUCKING TITAN X

THE POINT OF COMPARISON IS GTX 980

Very questionable upgrade for TItan X/980 ti users right now however the Titan/ti versions should be awesome. Nothing too exciting or surprising I guess (I'm not doing VR or surround yet though, I'd see things differently then).

Awesome and if these prices are to be judged by, probably over $1000.

STOP COMPARING TO FUCKING TITAN X

THE POINT OF COMPARISON IS GTX 980

What GTX 980 costs $600?

According to the specs on the NVidia site, the stock GPU clock is 1.7 GHz. They had it OC'd to 2.1GHz for the demo. Might also have been the boost clock too though. With the temps being what they were at around 65C there's probably some more headroom there. Also, the website shows that the 1080 will require only a single PCI-E Power connector and draw only 180W at full load. I'm sure there will be aftermarket cards that will allow for higher power draws and (hopefully) let us squeeze even more performance out of the GPU. Exciting times, folks! :woot:

GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics Card

Not worth it tbh. I think its better to wait for Big Pascal/Vega.

Well as I stated before, if ya got a 980ti or titan x they aren't worth the upgrade unless you are looking for specific features.

But anycase so nV was able to get its 2.5 times the perf/watt...... maybe a bit more actually.

A bit hard to follow this thread. For those that didn't see the vids:

How fast is the 1080 supposed to be?

How fast is the 1070 supposed to be?

Not really all that useful without game benchmarks but I would like a rough idea on what they said in regards to performance.

Back