NVIDIA Annouces Quad SLI

Where is ati???? LOL :D

I am so buying one of these...or 2....i mean 4 LOL!

hehe hey my brother just moved in with me...and he is paying 300 dollars rent...thats 300 EXTRA dollars to blow for me... Oh well....it takes me 2 or 3 months to get the cash ready...but nota big deal...This quad SLI will be mine.... MUAHAHAHA

Is it feasible to put 1 of these cards in a 1x pci-e board, so basically sli with 1x pci-e slot

Just found out that it looks like external power supply is in order:

ces05_8.jpg

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/0107/ces05.htm

arabdon1203: said:
Is it feasible to put 1 of these cards in a 1x pci-e board, so basically sli with 1x pci-e slot
Will Dell be selling these cards individually, or are they proprietary to the XPS 600 Renegade system?

DougLite said:
Where does the sound card go is an excellent observation, as NF4 boards don't ship with HD audio support, let alone top flight sound cards (with the exception of the MSI boards that have SB Lives). I have a Chaintech AV-710, and altough it isn't a fabulous sound card, it is far and away better than AC 97 for listening to music. Anybody who has an X-Fi will tell you that they've never looked back.

In the anandtech pics (http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2664) ... isn't that an x-fi fatality front panel thing it has? (Or some other kind of X-Fi). I can't imagine tell putting these vid cards, and unlocked/overclocked cpu, and not putting probably the best sound card you can buy in also.

BigJavy said:
In the anandtech pics (http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2664) ... isn't that an x-fi fatality front panel thing it has? (Or some other kind of X-Fi). I can't imagine tell putting these vid cards, and unlocked/overclocked cpu, and not putting probably the best sound card you can buy in also.

Sounds plausible as the SLIZone "add" for this beast mentions Creative as parts supplier...

Terra...

BigJavy said:

Its in there, if you look at the pic of the back of it, you can see the X-Fi in the back.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/0107/ces05_8.jpg

An the lack of air for the cards is going to be interesting, to say the least. There is zero room between the cards. But if its under warranty, guess it doesnt matter how hot it gets.

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2006/0107/ces05_7.jpg

Martyr said:
that is a rather incorrect statement though. throuh that logic you would classify current single core cpu's as dual core as well, or multi core. a dual core video card would have 2 entire gpu pieces, which can run independently of each other, and you could shut one down and run on just a single one if you wanted. you starting turning off alu's in a single core gpu and you are going to have problems...

They are turning off parts of the gpus, gpu's are built up with quads with 4 pipes in each.

gpus that have 1 failed quad can be sold as a 12 pipe part instead of 16

so you can look at a quad as one gpu, so a 8 pipe card would be a dual core gpu

Spank said:
so you can look at a quad as one gpu, so a 8 pipe card would be a dual core gpu

Then couldn't 486DX chips be dual core because of the math co-processor on them that seperates them from the SX chips?

To me its still a multi-chip solution, 4 cores in sli so quad-sli makes sense to me.

So with this new implementation of SLI and the existence of sli mobo's with 4 pci-e slots, I hope we'll be able to have SLI solution thats 4 seperate cards...a 4 way GT solution would be a whole lot easier on the wallet than the quite possible $8K Dell system (monitor not included).

Dark_fire said:
i wonder how ATI will counter this one?

Double X-fire with included double dongle. The double dongle will not be sold to anyone under the age of 18.

yevaud said:
Link? or BS? if you have a link, PM it to me and then wait 10 min before you post it, mkay?

XPS 600's are already being sold, it's just not this new limited edition Renegade version.

LittleMe said:
XPS 600's are already being sold, it's just not this new limited edition Renegade version.
Not what I'm talking about.

APOLLO said:
Will Dell be selling these cards individually, or are they proprietary to the XPS 600 Renegade system?

To which arabdon1203 replied:
arabdon1203 said:
they're already being sold

So the subject is these cards not the XPS 600. In fact, I'd buy the whole system just to get the cards- then ebay them and double my money. Might find someone interested in the unlocked dual core EE pentium, as well.

There could be a very simple explenation for their cooling solution. What if they put a hole through the card to allow the top fan to cool both heatsinks? :eek:

Hmm, this thread used to be eight pages, but now it's only seven. We can run backwards for a little while longer, or we can go back to discussion of the [H]ard|Ware we love, Video Cards. We've got people talking about Processors in the Video Cards forum, others replying to off-topic posts, even a little bit of flaming.

Do we need to start handing down automatic vacations again for members that break the [thread=760666]Rules[/thread]? Kyle has decided that he likes 31 day vacations for cleaning up the Games & Gaming Equipment forum, I get the feeling that if another wave of vacations need to be handed out in Video Cards, they will be longer than the three day ones people got last time.

On the subject of quad GPU SLI, I am glad to see that NV is not limited to just two cores. There's a big jump from two way SMP to four way SMP in the CPU world, and I'm sure that there were similar hurdles to get SLI running on four GPUs. With thermal and power considerations beginning to limit the expandibility of individual GPU cores, it's nice to know that you cna grow up and out :)

yevaud said:
In fact, I'd buy the whole system just to get the cards- then ebay them and double my money. Might find someone interested in the unlocked dual core EE pentium, as well.

Hmm they are selling dual GPU cards, this is not just limited to Dell... I think tomshardware did a review on em a while back

ATi vs. nVidia

GAME OVER.

LOL to me, there was never really a war. Just domination by nVidia. With nVidia and Dells working together on a system like this we can probably expect more and more from them.

Dreadlox said:
LOL to me, there was never really a war. Just domination by nVidia. With nVidia and Dells working together on a system like this we can probably expect more and more from them.

well i just hope this kind of thing isn't just limited to nvidia and dell. competition is good, brings prices down....i mean 6k for starters..... :eek:

yevaud said:
Not what I'm talking about.

To which arabdon1203 replied:

So the subject is these cards not the XPS 600. In fact, I'd buy the whole system just to get the cards- then ebay them and double my money. Might find someone interested in the unlocked dual core EE pentium, as well.

look in the hot deals section :cool:

Dreadlox said:

uh huh, the fx series really dominated hard ;)

Aready posted above, i didnt read it Sorry, but jsut in case to shed light on the external power connector.

I was watching a Cnet review of the Quad SLI and you need 2 external powercords to power it(2 for card 1(GPU#1 & #2) and a second for card 2 ( GPU#3 & #4), i am guessing you can also use internal power though if you would like instead. Its like the Dual 7800GT.

Skolar said:
Atleast they're selling AMD procs on their website now. Step in the right direction anyway.

A64 the best? Pssh. My P4 oc'ed to 3.72GHz does better than my A64 S754 Venice 3000+ would do at 3GHz. I got a significantly better score in benching with my P4, so dont give up on P4's just yet. ALSO, dont forget that dell signed a contract with intel, so they wouldnt be able to use AMD's even if they wanted to.

Emission said:
A64 the best? Pssh. My P4 oc'ed to 3.72GHz does better than my A64 S754 Venice 3000+ would do at 3GHz. I got a significantly better score in benching with my P4, so dont give up on P4's just yet. ALSO, dont forget that dell signed a contract with intel, so they wouldnt be able to use AMD's even if they wanted to.

barkin up the wrong tree dude, and the wrong thread.

Im just trying to state the generality, not all CPUs are equal. I mean sure, A64 + 4x SLi is great, but isnt it overkill?

arabdon1203 said:
look in the hot deals section :cool:

Just checked, didn't find any cards like these:

ces0569ww.jpg

ces0576gm.jpg

Which is what this thread is all about. The dual core cards that are already in the market really don't compare because #1, they're not the 512mb variants that everyone is hunting for, and #2 I don't believe if you SLI'd a pair of those cards together, you'd get the benefit on ONE gaming screen.

I dont think these cards will be available to the public for a little while. Im willing to bet that nVidia and Dell have a contract for at least a couple of months of exclusivity. I am SO going to be attempting to buy that dell.. It is the only Dell product i have LITERALLY drooled over... well.. that and the 30" 3007FPW... but thats for a different forum..:eek::D

A: The high end market is the smallest market for video card makers, it's always been the EM market

B: Only idiots with way to much money will buy these.

I own an nvidia card, and my next card will probably also be an nvidia card, but the fact of the matter is, with ATI's deal with MS and the X360, this will only be a minor dent.

Gob said:

So people who have too much money are idiots? Sounds like jealousy to me...

I don't see myself buying these since I wouldn't want a pre-built system. If they're sold standalone then well... maybe :)

Gob said:

How do idiots get rich? Lotto? Fool's gold?

People with vast amounts of money in general are not idiots.

OT/
Has anyone seen any benchmarks for these cards anywhere on the net? Strange that they didn't at least have the decency to post a 3dmark05 score, useless as that benchmark is. Maybe someone who has a subscription to that ORB deal (sp?) can check and see if any benchs have been saved...

Back