Nvidia and Ubisoft partner to please PC gamers

BatJoe

Gawd
Nvidia and Ubisoft have used the Gamescom event to announce a new gaming alliance. Under the new cooperative scheme Ubisoft will, with the help of Nvidia, offer PC-exclusive enhancements to its new and upcoming games titles. Games which are highlighted to receive this special treatment include; Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Watch Dogs. [The Division]

No doubt this is in response to the AMD/EA partnership. Have to admit, Ubisoft has more games I'm interested in at the moment.

More info:
http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/59189-nvidia-ubisoft-form-pc-gaming-alliance/

Last edited:
Hasnt Ubisoft always been close partners with Nvidia through the "Way its Meant to be Played"?

eh... Ubi hasn't been relevant to me since they launched their always online DRM. I do love the splinter cell series though

Hasnt Ubisoft always been close partners with Nvidia through the "Way its Meant to be Played"?

It seems to switch around. For a while nVidia was partners with EA, as their logo was on the Crysis games before Crysis 3.

considering SLI didnt work with the new beta drivers on release day for Splinter Cell, This doesnt give me encouragement.

Besides I can only handle uplay so much before I want to dunk myself in a vat full of acid.

Not sure if this is a great partnership or not.

considering SLI didnt work with the new beta drivers on release day for Splinter Cell, This doesnt give me encouragement.

Besides I can only handle uplay so much before I want to dunk myself in a vat full of acid.

It just released and there are thousands of different computer setups. Give them a break and expect bugs within the first week of the game being released. It will be fixed

It just released and there are thousands of different computer setups. Give them a break and expect bugs within the first week of the game being released. It will be fixed

But people bitch when AMD doesnt have proper drivers on release day, yet we are suppose to be patient with Nvidia and give them a slide?

Uhhhh no I don't think so.

But people bitch when AMD doesnt have proper drivers on release day, yet we are suppose to be patient with Nvidia and give them a slide?

I think the difference, historically, is that Nvidia has fixed it within a few days where AMD has taken months in some cases (at least from what I've read about it, I don't buy launch day titles). I don't think there is any excuse for either side, and Nvidia drivers have been so shit lately that I got rid of my 770 SLI in favor of 7950's once the frame pacing beta came out.

Bleeeh. Most of the good PS4 games are coming out for the PC. I already had AC and Watch Dogs preordered for the PS4, but decided to switch AC for Killzone: Shadowfall. I'd rather play AC at 2560x1440 than 1080p, and usually I would do the same for Watch Dogs.......but I need some games to play on it.

So, I guess this is both good and bad news.

People bitch about the AMD drivers on a game release day, as well. They are told the same thing: be patient.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear about this news. Splinter Cell and Far Cry are some of my favorite shooters, so I'm happy to know that a bit of focus will be placed on delivering enhancements to the superior gaming platform.

Game runs fine with SLI and 326.80 drivers. If it isn't, add the EXE to your profile. Pick AFR2 for the SLI method.

While I'm not a fan of Ubisoft's DRM, Watch Dogs looks pretty interesting. I hope it's graphics on PC will be great.

Does this mean more Batman AA fiasco?

not likely as the future games are going to made on amd hardware first then ported. from now on nvidia has to pay for their optimizations to be put into the games and nvidia would have to fuck up all the proprietary amd code and i doubt devs will let that happen no matter how wide nvidias wallet opens

I am of the opinion that any of these co-ops be it the AMD or Nvidia one only further enhance PC gaming. The more of these we see the more likely titles will cross over.

I am of the opinion that any of these co-ops be it the AMD or Nvidia one only further enhance PC gaming. The more of these we see the more likely titles will cross over.

i have to agree with you the consoles going x86 means we will have more shameless ports and more of nvidia announcing enhancements for the pc version. by "enhance" they mean that have to add in their technology to the game. why is this shit news i mean didnt they not pull the same crap last year with out fanfare?! idk nv's pr department is spinning really hard to get some good news out due to the console loses .

Game runs fine with SLI and 326.80 drivers. If it isn't, add the EXE to your profile. Pick AFR2 for the SLI method.

Sli was not working for me at 1st. So all I did was to add the .exe to the already existing profile of splinter cell with nvinspector (the exe seems to have been renamed) and SLI worked fine after that

Sounds good to me. I'm all for anytime developers want to cater to us PC gamers a little. We've been flat out ignored for several years so a little love from them has to be a good thing.

I really wish some of you wouldn't spew your ignorance and keep referring to Xbox One and PS4 as future titles being "ported" to the PC.

They all share the same architecture now, x86. The AMD APU was first found in the PC. In fact, it has nearly / exactly the same specs as currently available AMD APU's making it 100% the exact same platform.

There is zero porting taking place now. Xbox One and PS4 dev kits include libs that allow for pc keyboard / mouse and general UI / cosmetic necessities. As several devs have pointed out, Xbox One / PS4 games have all been demo'd on high-end nvidia PC's.

I personally hate the fact that the PC always got crappy ports in the past. Now that they are not ports, why call them ports?

I really wish some of you wouldn't spew your ignorance and keep referring to Xbox One and PS4 as future titles being "ported" to the PC.

They all share the same architecture now, x86. The AMD APU was first found in the PC. In fact, it has nearly / exactly the same specs as currently available AMD APU's making it 100% the exact same platform.

There is zero porting taking place now. Xbox One and PS4 dev kits include libs that allow for pc keyboard / mouse and general UI / cosmetic necessities. As several devs have pointed out, Xbox One / PS4 games have all been demo'd on high-end nvidia PC's.

I personally hate the fact that the PC always got crappy ports in the past. Now that they are not ports, why call them ports?

Because PC hardware isn't going to be the same specs 4+ years later. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, (I haven't bothered to keep up on console news) neither console is going to have any kind of hardware upgrading capabilities, except maybe when it comes to hard drive capacity down the road. Again I could be wrong, but that's my take on it. Ports are called ports because they hit one platform first, then make it to another at a later date.

Full SLI support at launch seems to happen less and less these days. At least for the titles that I've been buying. IT's making me seriously reconsider a SLI setup for my next build.

Im pretty sure you have to be online in order for SLI to work on all Ubisoft titles.

Back