Nvidia adding BAR support for 30xx series GPUs next month... boosting frame rates up to 10 percent!

...Blast Processing...
Now that is a word I haven't heard in a long time.

And like Blast processing I wouldn't be surprised if BAR is never really leveraged in any meaningful way.

They basically built up cards with what ever chips they had in their warehouses and sent them to market. In a silicon shortage building more chips isn’t the answer but using it to sell off what would otherwise be dead inventory is an opportunity.
I was referring to adding Resizable BAR support to the 20xx series; originally it sounded like it was just going to take a driver update.

Several Z490 also have it. and so do some B460 and H470. I would assume most Z590, H570, and B560 will ship with it. Or have a bios update soon after the 11th gen CPUs launch.
Irrelevant to my question. All those boards already support 10th and 11th gen, which NVidia has already announced support for.

Well, it's Intel, so the answer is "buy a new one."
In that case, it would be both NVidia and Intel colluding on the lock out.

I was referring to adding Resizable BAR support to the 20xx series; originally it sounded like it was just going to take a driver update.
Not sure if they are doing the 20xx series or not, but they did say it would take vBIOS updates as well.

Not sure if they are doing the 20xx series or not, but they did say it would take vBIOS updates as well.
Yes, Nvidia has already stated that a firmware updated would be required. People are also suspecting that this firmware update will also include some sort of 'anti-mining' update.

Irrelevant to my question. All those boards already support 10th and 11th gen, which NVidia has already announced support for.

In that case, it would be both NVidia and Intel colluding on the lock out.
Ah, I misunderstood you.

Well, it takes time to validate all of this stuff. Naturally, they start with the new stuff and work backward. AMD did the same. They just announced support for Ryzen 3000 series (Zen 2), like the 3600 and 3700.
https://www.techpowerup.com/279264/...ry-resizable-bar-support-to-ryzen-3000-series

I thought that I read something a few months ago that said NV was going to bring it to the 20xx cards. Guess they changed their minds.
Maybe it is still coming then, just later.
Well, it's Intel, so the answer is "buy a new one."
I think this is more on the motherboard manufacturers.. but I can't seem to find any information that details what prior chipsets have the capability. It should just be conformance to the pcie spec that first included the resizable BAR capability.

Back