NVIDIA 8800GTX "Will It Fit?" Case Thread

I've read all the posts, and noticed that the CoolMaster Stacker (or stacker 810) had been mentioned, but had not seen any confirmation that it would allow the 8800GTX fit. IF it does fit, its a much less expensive chassis, and from the pictures, appears to have more drive bays than the j09. Anyone agree, or disagree.

BTW, new to this forum...trying to build a new system.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Snooz

Stacker 810 is about the largest case you can buy. You can easily fit an 8800gtx in that boy. I had one for a while. Very nice case, but its heavy as hell, and there arent any GOOD carrying straps that will fit around it..

Also its a bit of a pain to work on, and cable management is very tough.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

DarkSide50420 said:
how about the Thermaltake Mozart?

Which one? The mozart TX (big media center case, gigantic upright rectangle) or the home theater pc one, which is a desktop style case?

thanks astro. so, if you were to decide between stacker 810, stacker 830, or NZXT Zero, which one would you take??? BTW, i really dont like hinged doors,but also, not real excited about heavy chassis (chassii????)

snoozdoc said:
thanks astro. so, if you were to decide between stacker 810, stacker 830, or NZXT Zero, which one would you take??? BTW, i really dont like hinged doors,but also, not real excited about heavy chassis (chassii????)

Its chassis.

Stacker 830 has had some bad reviews on newegg from actual users. But other people swear buy it. Personally I dont like it.

Stacker 810 is a good case if you can deal with it being HUGE, heavy, and its little issues. If you are looking to put a lot of HDD's in, and a lot of everything in..

I dont know a thing about NZXT cases besides that they are a small brand.. The case looks nice though..

I go by Newegg's reviews a lot. If an item has a ton of reviews and high ratings, then generally its pretty good. Read the reviews though. There might be something that somebody has picked up on (like an incompatibility error).

I really like Antec cases. I have owned like 4 of them, and they seem to be VERY smart and well thought out. Currently I have an Antec Nine Hundred.

But, I change cases around every few months.. or so it has been lately! :D

Thanks. And so the Antec 900 should be able to fit the qx6700. I will have to check it out.

Oh, whats the plural of chassis? is what I was referring to :)

nite.

snoozdoc said:
Thanks. And so the Antec 900 should be able to fit the qx6700. I will have to check it out.

Oh, whats the plural of chassis? is what I was referring to :)

nite.

Plural is the same. I believe.

The quad core processor (qx6700) will fit in ANY case. Processors dont take up much room. :)

I decided to get off my lazy butt and do the mock-up for an Xclio A380. I don't know how accurate it is, but I tried to keep it lined up to the holes. I know the holes aren't perfectly lined up but they're as close as they're gonna get. I googled for a better side profile than what Newegg has. It was a huge pic, so I resized it.

xclio8800gtx.jpg

What do you guys think?

Lol. Strangely, no, quite the opposite. Actually tons of room, maybe its because it tall, not wide. All that fits in the lower compartment is the motherboard with 4x120mm fans, The case will fit 11 fans if you wanted. I'm planning on two 120.2 cooling loops later. Don't forget that Tuniq 120 is massive, distorts things a bit. I'll just add that case temps stay at the room ambient, I think thats quite good considering what generating heat in there.

fits easily inside CM Stacker with lots of room to spare. i don't understand why people buy any other case heh.

JSquid said:
fits easily inside CM Stacker with lots of room to spare. i don't understand why people buy any other case heh.

Cause they dont want to lug around a 35 pound case (thats empty and dry BTW).

I got rid of my stacker for that reason.. I went to a mid tower instead.

Juic3 said:
Can anyone out there help me with this case ?

Lian Li PC-7B Plus II.
From the looks of it, it could fit, SLI looks like trouble tho.

1111209913yc8.jpg

Its on weekend sale, and Ill probably be getting a G81 GTX when it comes out, want it to fit :D
check post #44

Has anyone tried the card in the Coolermaster 830 Stacker I'm not sure if I miss one?

Hello everyone!

New to the whole "Build Your Own PC" thing, but I'm having a blast so far.

I just purchased a TJ04 online about a month ago because it's the low-end option that Falcon Northwest uses for their Mach V systems, and I figured if it's good enough for them, then it's good enough for me. Will the 8800 GTX fit in the TJ04, or am I going to be selling it on eBay soon???

Thanks!

David

Hi there, just before I purchase a Kandalf LCS I would like to know if it will fit the 8800 GTX? Unfortunately I have no knowledge with PhotoShop and I am bad at Maths :(

Thanks

davidober said:
Will the 8800 GTX fit in the TJ04, or am I going to be selling it on eBay soon???

Welcome Davidober,

The card will fit, though most likely you'll have to remove the bottom drive cage. It may verywell fit with the drive cage in, though I would only try it if the pci-e power connectors are not stiff like they are on my BFG 650 psu.

jboy184 said:
Hi there, just before I purchase a Kandalf LCS I would like to know if it will fit the 8800 GTX?

I have the TT Armor wich is the same chasis (internally) ast eh regular Kandalf, though for the LCS version I'de imagine that all you'd have to do is move the pump a little bit from where TT has it displayed on their website.

I saw this while searching around that I hope will be of some use to everyone:

http://maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=562458

From the forum thread they list the following results:

Cases that do not fit the 8800GTX

Thermaltake Tsunami

Antec P180
Asus TA-210 (It's never going to fit in this case)
CoolerMaster Mystique
Gigabyte 3D Aurora
LianLi PC-65 (It will fit one card but not two in SLI)
LianLi PC-3077 (It will fit one card but not two in SLI)
Raidmax Sagitta (Is never going to fit the 8800GTX)
Thermaltake Armor Jr.
Thermaltake Aquila
Thermaltake Matrix VX
Thermaltake Soprano
Thermaltake Tsunami

Cases that do fit the 8800GTX

Antec PlusView 2
Apevia X-Pider
Apevia X-Cruiser (It is really close but it will fit, but you might not be able to mount hard drives on the bottom cage.)
Chenming CMUI-601 (you will have to remove the lower hard drive cage)
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 (requires no drives being present in 3.5 bays)
CoolerMaster Praetorian 730 (it's really close)
CoolerMaster Stacker 830
CoolerMaster WaveMaster
Enermax CS-5271BFS
Gigabyte GZ-FA1CA
Lian Li V2000-2100 series
NZXT Apollo (If the 8800GTX is really 10.5 inches long it will fit.)
NZXT Lexa "Retro toaster"
Silverstone TJ07
Silverstone TJ09
Thermaltake Armor
Thermaltake Shark (Only if the 8800GTX should fit if it is 10.5 inches and not 11)
Thermaltake Mambo (Will fit the 8800GTX, but you will not be able to mount all of the hard drive cage.)
XG CA-SW2-K (you will have to replace the included PSU)
XION Solaris (will fit the 8800GTX but you will not be able to mount hard drives in the lower drive cage)

The Antec P180 definitely fits an 8800gtx. . . as long as you remove that (essentially useless) middle drive bay. No modification necessary.

Getting a second one to fit. . . however, would be tricky. The cables coming up from the psu would run right into the 2nd 8800gtx.

Oh, and the guy who made that list could be decent enough to acknowledge where he got the idea. Hmmmm, red cards, green motherboard mounting holes. . . looks familiar.

Hurin said:
The Antec P180 definitely fits an 8800gtx. . . as long as you remove that (essentially useless) middle drive bay. No modification necessary.

Getting a second one to fit. . . however, would be tricky. The cables coming up from the psu would run right into the 2nd 8800gtx.

From looking at the list, and the posts over at Maximum PC, I think this was the overall goal which was to provide a list of those cases that will accept a pair of 8800GTX cards rather than a single one. But, then again, it could also be argued that removal of any piece of the case switches it from stock to modified regardless if it requires tools or not. I mean, you can get ANYTHING to fit inside of a case providing you've got a Dremel, time, and experience at cutting. ^__^

Myself, I think Nvidia should start listing 8800GTX SLI-approved cases since these things almost need their own zipcode in order to fit inside most cases.

Ladyfox,
who never thought she would see the day that current video cards would match the size of VESA cards released almost 10 years ago

Hurin said:
Oh, and the guy who made that list could be decent enough to acknowledge where he got the idea. Hmmmm, red cards, green motherboard mounting holes. . . looks familiar.

I was thinking the same IMHO but it was not really my place to say in either event. Besides, you have to admit the information is useful and does fill in gaps in the list started here.

pjladyfox said:
I was thinking the same IMHO but it was not really my place to say in either event. Besides, you have to admit the information is useful and does fill in gaps in the list started here.
I won't lose any sleep over it. :p

And, to that guy's credit, he's doing a better job keeping up with things than I am! He's also keeping a list in the first post. So more power to him.

In case anybody is still wondering, the 8800gtx fits NICELY inside an Antec Nine Hundred.. just put mine in.. I have like 2 inches to spare, and if I moved my HDD bays out of the way I would have like 8 inches to spare. :)

Sorry I could not help but to rip this ...SilverStone TJ09..as austin powers says..yeah baby,yeah

And a BOAT LOAD of space

silverstonetj09go4.jpg

Re: Antec 900

Will a second 8800gtx cause problems with the power supply cables? Or is the more flexible psu arrangement down there (no "channel" for the cables) less problematic?

Back