Nvidia 7600GS & different Window OSs

NTJedi

Limp Gawd
Will the 7600GS graphics card perform better on WindowsXP-64Bit compared with Windows2000 or WindowsXP-Pro or even Windows2003 Server-64Bit ?

I have been unable to find any benchmarks to determine if one operating system works better than another... maybe I'm just too sleepy. I can acquire a legit copy of most Window operating systems and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's more info on my system if it's needed:

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
2GBs of Corsair RAM 5400 (not dual channel)
AMD 64 X2 4200
320GB Harddrive Seagate Sata2 16MB cache

Certainly one of the computer guru's here know of a location where benchmarks have been done to test the different operating systems.

Thanks for any advice!

64 bit Windows is a bit faster then 32 bit but its within 5% performance difference if even that and this is only if the program you are running is made for 64 bit Windows.

There isn't much difference between the server versions of windows and win xp, they all use the same base kernal. Windows 2000 on the other hand well you might run into compability issues I'm not sure because I haven't used Windows 2000 for quite sometime now ;), but since MS doesn't support windows 2000 anymore, IHV's won't be making drivers for this operating system either.

Back