NVidia 760 Now or wait for the 860?

upgrading the cpu will certainly help in some cases but overall its probably not worth it especially with just a gtx760.

Thanks for all the help!

I received my NVidia 760 Superclocked with the EVGA ACX cooler and put it in last night to replace my 5-year old 4870 1g, which has been an outstanding GPU, just outdated now ... Salute to the 4870 as I send it off to GPU heaven.

I had no problems with the installation (I just followed the instructions). It worked without issue. The 760 is the perfect upgrade for me, finally at a reasonable price.

The NVidia 760 Superclocked, gets 3x more FPS in BF3 and it doubled my 3DMark score.

I would rather have had an SLI bridge over the poster and sticker that came with, since two 760's in SLI beat a Titan. It did come with a voucher for the new August release of 'Splinter Cell: Blacklist.'

I'm enjoying the 'NVidia Experience' program, which optimizes each game for the best settings on my system. I'll get a lot of use out of that and the program will get better over time.

I hope to upgrade the rest of my system when the Intel Broadwell or Skylake CPU & Mobo come out and I'll keep the 760 GPU in that for a year or so until I can upgrade my GPU again:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
MB: MSI 790FX-GD70
RAM: 8g Mushkin 1600
HD: WD Blue 500g sata (EX. 1T)
GPU: NVidia 760 Superclock
PSU: Seasonic X-750w
Case: Antec One Illusion (w/4 fans)
Monitor: ASUS VS229H (IPS)

Thanks again for all the help!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your thoghts about it and glad you are happy with your new GPU! :)

Back