Nvidia 590 based Intel boards getting canceled!

Only overclocking performance, however IMO going SLI is more worth while than getting an extra couple hundred MHz CPU clock.

Well considering that it was widely known that nforce5 intel boards weren't overclocking that well (what I've read from previews of some of these upcoming boards) this is probably good news. To anyone that had been waiting for this board, get a Gigabyte DS4 or DQ6 that is available now with all the features and overclocking abilities (and 2 PCI-E 16x slots). I'm glad DFI isn't just trying to be the first ones to market with an Intel 590 board.

However 'official' SLI is another issue completely, something I'm not really too concerned about myself. But having the ability to take a bottom of the line CPU and overclock it 80% or more is definitely an important factor for me, especially when there are several motherboards available that can do just this.

jake661 said:
Well considering that it was widely known that nforce5 intel boards weren't overclocking that well (what I've read from previews of some of these upcoming boards) this is probably good news. To anyone that had been waiting for this board, get a Gigabyte DS4 or DQ6 that is available now with all the features and overclocking abilities (and 2 PCI-E 16x slots). I'm glad DFI isn't just trying to be the first ones to market with an Intel 590 board.

However 'official' SLI is another issue completely, something I'm not really too concerned about myself. But having the ability to take a bottom of the line CPU and overclock it 80% or more is definitely an important factor for me, especially when there are several motherboards available that can do just this.

Too bad you only have a 4x bandwidth on the second slot of the 965 boards, plus, in the U.S. the DS4 isn't available. I'm hoping this will push nVidia over the edge for official SLI support on the 975 platform.

This is so bad.

Its like 6 weeks after core 2 duo has been released and there is still no reviews of the end product.

Is the asus p5n32sli premium going to have the old c19 or the new c55?

I do know this and that is they are working on the BIOS and trying to squeeze as much FSB out of it possible.

I think its the old C19, the new C55 has alot more PCI-E lanes and supports 1333MHz FSB.

I haven't got a Core 2 Duo mainly because there isn't a board that will give me SLI support that seems to be worth a crap.

kleox64 said:
I think its the old C19, the new C55 has alot more PCI-E lanes and supports 1333MHz FSB.
Look at the P5N32 premium and it has the extra lanes.

Not doomed at all, it takes longer to develope a stable chipset than something that will just run. nVidia raced out with the 590, ATI would have never done such a thing, but then AMD bought them out, and things changed. Give it time, current Crossfire boards are great, but since the buyout you have to admit Intel will probably go nVidia, which is a shame, but if they give them enough developement data it could be a plus in the long run.

I am giving it another week if the premium is not available i will go 975 a single 7950 and sell my other one. G80 is on the horizon, i can deal with that if i have too. G80 arrives and hopefully the new 590 and i replace the board then..........plan B :p Running iwth a 3000+ is getting old , real old

jacuzz1 said:
I am giving it another week if the premium is not available i will go 975 a single 7950 and sell my other one. G80 is on the horizon, i can deal with that if i have too. G80 arrives and hopefully the new 590 and i replace the board then..........plan B :p Running iwth a 3000+ is getting old , real old
Hell, I think I'm just going to go AM2 right now for SLI and a solid chipset and just wait for DX10 cards to come out before jumping on Conroe.

Well i am already committed therefore its full speed ahead.

the downloadable manual for the asus p5n32sli premium states that its using the intel nf4 sli chipset.
the diagram on page 30 shows a intel nf4 sli nb and a intel nf5 590 sb.

kleox64 said:
Only overclocking performance, however IMO going SLI is more worth while than getting an extra couple hundred MHz CPU clock.

Dont you mean an extra couple hundred fsb clock? Those nvidia boards were hitting a 330fsb limit, now what do those 965 boards hit... 500fsb and up from what i've seen.

Jasonx82 said:
Guess I'll just stick with the P5W DH :)
Too bad it's a Crossfire board. Man, I wish they'd release a real "Digital Home" mobo using NV's 6150 chipset.

Well I've purchased everything but the motherboard (590 IE is on pre-order) so I going to live with my decisions and get this board, as I’m committed to Intel/SLI (But man do I feel jacked and I'm thinking this is the last ASUS board).

niytsky said:
Well I've purchased everything but the motherboard (590 IE is on pre-order) so I going to live with my decisions and get this board, as I’m committed to Intel/SLI (But man do I feel jacked and I'm thinking this is the last ASUS board).
I love how NV is trying to spin their crappy overclockable chipsets as something of a feature. If you want a decent OC then you need to buy their 590 mobos. :rolleyes:
However, if you're one of these people, don't expect to be able to overclock much. We tried overclocking the P5NSLI using our Core 2 Extreme X6800 and a Core 2 Duo E6400. We were unable to get the board to post with a front side bus higher than 300MHz using either CPU. NVIDIA has been up front with us, stating that the nForce 570 SLI chipset isn't tailored for overclocking. If you want an SLI motherboard taylored for overclocking Core 2 Duo processors, you'll have to look at an nForce 590 SLI solution - these are obviously more expensive.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2006/09/06/asus_p5nsli/10.html

CrimandEvil said:
I love how NV is trying to spin their crappy overclockable chipsets as something of a feature. If you want a decent OC then you need to buy their 590 mobos. :rolleyes:
Don't forget where they are coming from though, this is only their second Inel chipst, and the FSB is different. In the AMD camp, a FSB of 350 is way more than 99% of AMD CPUs will take. With Intel's higher FSB, these chipsets that got "great" overclocks on a stock FSB of 200MHz are not so great on the Intel platform, where the stock FSB is 266MHz, soon to be 333MHz.

I like many of Nvidia's products, but the 590 (Intel version only) is bad news comin. I've talked to a lot of industry hardware engineers and it just stinks. It is not stable at anything other than stock speeds, and does anyone really stay entirely at stock anymore?

Maybe the C55 will redeem them but we are now on the 3rd Intel edition Nforce product and they have all been bad. So frankly, I wouldn't touch the 590 or even the C55 until there has been a lot of VERY comprehensive testing by people and sites I can cross reference and have some faith in the results. Unlike some I keep working backups so blowing a HD isn't deadly, but it sure is a pain to restore a few hundred gb of data.

SLI just isn't worth that. The 965 clocks easily and like a dream. People are joking about it being harder to take out the trash, then to overclock the 965. The 975 oc's quite well also, and both chipsets recover from a bad clock without any headaches. Just start over.

So word to the wise. Don't go NEAR the 590. And don't touch the C55 followup (since you know they are rushing it out the door because of the 590 issues) until there is some mature boards and some good solid testing. Mobo's are expensive nowadays and it stinks when you get a bad one.

LOL.. I knew this was going to happen... nothing I read about the 590 was impressive at all.. very sub-par! anyways.. I am soooo glad I went with the 975x chipset.. whew. :)

kleox64 said:
Look at the P5N32 premium and it has the extra lanes.

Well this shit is pissing me off.

I see it this way, though - alright, my FSB won't be too impressive, but that can be made up for with the X6800 since it's unlocked, and if the premium is like the SE deluxe, that means as long as you can reach, say, 320 (which seems to be about where most OC reviews taper off) then you can multi up to 4.5~ which ain't too bad. At least for me it won't matter since I'm running 4gb, I'll just tighten the timings anyways.

It supports quad-SLI at full 16x2, which is good... and I mean, full copper coolers? That's pretty good right?

*breaks down crying*

FINE, IT SUCKS, IT SUCKS, I'LL JUST SAY IT

I ALREADY PREORDERED IT, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

*runs out of the room*

Grayscale said:
*breaks down crying*

FINE, IT SUCKS, IT SUCKS, I'LL JUST SAY IT

I ALREADY PREORDERED IT, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!

*runs out of the room*
At least you have a X6800 and make the most of it by multipliers , i only have a E6600

*jumps from the roof only to wake up in hospital with his wife saying " Honey ,guess what came through the post whilst you were in the coma for the last two weeks , your mobo , ahh you have been waiting for this for the last 10 weeks."

The Doc said:
How soon until the C55 hits the market? November? December?

I dont know but I gave up waiting and ordered a P5W- DH Deluxe wifi. If the C55 based boards are compelling I will get one once they are available

I am furious Now

This has taken too long , i have been given dates that i will get it this day or this day but it just doesn't come.

The worst thing about this is that we are waiting and even after all that all we get is a C19 , I just hope its a C55

Anemone said:
I like many of Nvidia's products, but the 590 (Intel version only) is bad news comin. I've talked to a lot of industry hardware engineers and it just stinks. It is not stable at anything other than stock speeds, and does anyone really stay entirely at stock anymore?

Maybe the C55 will redeem them but we are now on the 3rd Intel edition Nforce product and they have all been bad. So frankly, I wouldn't touch the 590 or even the C55 until there has been a lot of VERY comprehensive testing by people and sites I can cross reference and have some faith in the results. Unlike some I keep working backups so blowing a HD isn't deadly, but it sure is a pain to restore a few hundred gb of data.

SLI just isn't worth that. The 965 clocks easily and like a dream. People are joking about it being harder to take out the trash, then to overclock the 965. The 975 oc's quite well also, and both chipsets recover from a bad clock without any headaches. Just start over.

So word to the wise. Don't go NEAR the 590. And don't touch the C55 followup (since you know they are rushing it out the door because of the 590 issues) until there is some mature boards and some good solid testing. Mobo's are expensive nowadays and it stinks when you get a bad one.

All the Intel Edition nForce chipsets have been fine. In fact the nForce 4 Intel Edition chipsets are great. They just don't overclock like the Intel chipsets do.

The problem is there are some people like me that want to use SLI with their Core 2 Duo's.

Right now I am in the process of selling my 7900GTX's so I can offset the cost of moving to a Crossfire setup, because I hate waiting. Plus I'd rather have the i975x anyway.

I'm debating should I get the P5N32-SLI Deluxe SE or just wait a few months for the C55 motherboards to hit the scene? How much of an improvement will the C55 motherboards be over the current C19 boards?

I just ordered my P5N32-SLI Deluxe SE from xPCgear for $199.00 because I've been sitting on a 6800 for almost 4 weeks thinking the new 590 was coming and it looks like at least 4 or more weeks till the 590 board hits the streets. Of course now since I ordered the Nforce 4 the 590 will come out next week! I hope Nvidia hits a home run with the revised 590 because a lot of people who want SLI sure have been waiting a long time!

fentzinator said:
I just ordered my P5N32-SLI Deluxe SE from xPCgear for $199.00 because I've been sitting on a 6800 for almost 4 weeks thinking the new 590 was coming and it looks like at least 4 or more weeks till the 590 board hits the streets. Of course now since I ordered the Nforce 4 the 590 will come out next week! I hope Nvidia hits a home run with the revised 590 because a lot of people who want SLI sure have been waiting a long time!

That's what I may end up doing too.

Dan_D said:
All the Intel Edition nForce chipsets have been fine. In fact the nForce 4 Intel Edition chipsets are great. They just don't overclock like the Intel chipsets do.

The problem is there are some people like me that want to use SLI with their Core 2 Duo's.

Right now I am in the process of selling my 7900GTX's so I can offset the cost of moving to a Crossfire setup, because I hate waiting. Plus I'd rather have the i975x anyway.

Yep, i will be selling my 7950's and going xfire if i cannot get quad working with a hack on 975 and no c55 on the horizon. On the other hand , if c55 rears its beautiful head, i will sell the 975 board and go Quad again. Man i just cannot wait to get up and running even with one7950. I am starting my build after a wedding rehearsal dinner tonight. Man i need an excuse........to exit early lol :D

nooh said:
I am furious Now

This has taken too long , i have been given dates that i will get it this day or this day but it just doesn't come.

The worst thing about this is that we are waiting and even after all that all we get is a C19 , I just hope its a C55
Would you rather they release a half-baked product?

Back