Nvidia 522.25 drivers (DX12 boost for all RTX GPU's)

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Today, NVIDIA released Game Ready driver 522.25, which adds support for the new GeForce RTX 4090 and day-one optimization for upcoming titles like Scorn, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection and Gotham Knights

the new driver also delivers substantial DirectX 12 performance improvements in several games across all RTX GPU's:

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: up to 24% (1080p)
Battlefield 2042: up to 7% (1080p)
Borderlands 3: Up to 8% (1080p)
Call of Duty: Vanguard: up to 12% (4K)
Control: up to 6% (4K)
Cyberpunk 2077: up to 20% (1080p)
F1 22: up to 17% (4K)
Far Cry 6: up to 5% (1440p)
Forza Horizon 5: up to 8% (1080P)
Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition: up to 8% (4k)
Red Dead Redemption 2: up to 7% (1080p)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider: up to 5% (1080p)
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2: up to 5% (1080p)
Watch Dogs: Legion: up to 9% (1440p)

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-n2JW2kcObsG.hv4BeHxl8Q

Last edited:
Is this the same as the press drivers for the 4090 reviews or is this a newer update of that? Just wondering if the DX12 cpu overhead and rebar improvements would have affected the reviews if the reviewers had this driver, especially at lower resolutions.

Is this the same as the press drivers for the 4090 reviews or is this a newer update of that? Just wondering if the DX12 cpu overhead and rebar improvements would have affected the reviews if the reviewers had this driver, especially at lower resolutions.
There was a 521.90 press driver for reviews.

Big performance bump for the 3090Ti in AC Valhalla @ 4k. I did a quick FPS check on my latest quicksave before installing. Went from 100 to 115. Makes me feel better about missing out on a 4090 yesterday, lol. So close to maxing out my screen already I don't even know why I need one. I suppose the timing on this boost for the 30 series is not a coincidence! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There's speculation this was done on purpose to give the 4090 an even greater edge in early review benchmarks, which wouldn't surprise me.

There's speculation this was done on purpose to give the 4090 an even greater edge in early review benchmarks, which wouldn't surprise me.
I wonder if the press driver had these improvements baked in or not... Hopefully someone does a comparison.

seems like Resizable Bar improvements with Nvidia hardware (especially 30 series cards) are minimal...looks like it was designed for newer AMD and Intel hardware and Nvidia just added it as a way to say that they support it...maybe 40 series Lovelace cards will show bigger performance gains

I mean, it goes from being 70% faster to like 50% faster. Still, with a new generation, that big of a jump is fast enough. But I guess if you were hoping for everyone to join the 4090 train instead of waiting for a 4080...

Right now though, I'm not quite sure how I'd feel about the 4080. This was one of the major things a few people brought up. If you look at the NVidia provided benchmarks, the 16GB was only 15-25% ahead in terms of the raster performance of the normal 3080. The big leap was when DLSS 3 was turned on. But not many games support DLSS 3 yet. But you now throw in an overall improvement in terms of the driver, and it looks even less impressive.

1665668188462.png

Yeah as usual new drivers break almost as many things as they fix. FFS did no one at Nvidia even bother to fire up Cyberpunk 2077 to see the corrupted map? There will most likely be a hotfix driver in the next week or so.

It's also been found that,

NVIDIA Removes Hashrate Limiter for RTX 30-series LHR GPUs in the Latest Driver

In a last-ditch effort to clear inventory of its GeForce RTX 30-series "Ampere" graphics cards, NVIDIA has reportedly removed the hashrate limiter in the latest GeForce 522.25 drivers, without mentioning it anywhere in the driver's release notes. A Redditor and GeForce RTX 3080 Ti owner by the username "Timbers007" rested that their card, which launched exclusively as LHR-enabled graphics cards (with no RTX 3080 Ti cards without LHR in circulation); is now achieving double its usual hashrates when benchmarked with ethminer. It's able to put out 112 MH/s, a hashrate only possible with mining software that circumvents the LHR limiter, such as NiceHash or NBMiner.

https://www.techpowerup.com/299838/...r-rtx-30-series-lhr-gpus-in-the-latest-driver

Thanks for the tip, nice to see the performance increase for rdr2 and any other games.
Otherwise, it goes slowly towards 1 GB of space for drivers

Fucks up the map in CP2077 unfortunately.
Yeah as usual new drivers break almost as many things as they fix. FFS did no one at Nvidia even bother to fire up Cyberpunk 2077 to see the corrupted map? There will most likely be a hotfix driver in the next week or so.
Manual fix for it is here: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...ifacts-when-bringing-up-the-in-game-map-after

They'll be pushing an OTA update for it in the "coming days."

Also measured a 23% performance bump in Total War WARHAMMER III from the 522.25 driver.

I wish I had something more recent stored away, but here's the battle benchmark on driver 516.59, averaging 66.6 fps.
1665952059294.png

Then run again on 522.25, same settings, averages 82.0 fps.
1665952107478.png

Last edited:
what does that even mean?..."A fix will be pushed to users PCs via an over the air update in the coming days"...do they mean an official game patch?
Ya I was confused too, maybe with GFE they can push updates to people.

what does that even mean?..."A fix will be pushed to users PCs via an over the air update in the coming days"...do they mean an official game patch?
Read in one of these threads that profile downloads occur when the NVDisplayContainer is restarted via GeForce Experience or on a schedule, or when you boot into Windows. Can't verify that anywhere, so grain of salt and all that.

Last edited:
Read in one of these threads that profile downloads occur when the NVDisplayContainer is restarted via GeForce Experience or on a schedule, or when you boot into Windows. Can't verify that anywhere, so grain of salt and all that.

but that doesn't help the people that don't use GFE

Almost as good an improvement as the driver that enabled multithreading in DX11.

I'm noticing some random artifacting with 522.25 in WH3. It's sporadic, maybe 1/10 battles will have some slight artifacting, but nothing game breaking or significantly distracting to me. Just seems like this driver skirted QA a bit, abnormally high number of issues with it, but overall still pleased with the massive performance bump.

I'm noticing some random artifacting with 522.25 in WH3. It's sporadic, maybe 1/10 battles will have some slight artifacting, but nothing game breaking or significantly distracting to me. Just seems like this driver skirted QA a bit, abnormally high number of issues with it, but overall still pleased with the massive performance bump.

they were probably rushing it out for the 4090 launch...

Oddly, I haven't had that issue in Cyberpunk 2077 with the 522.25 driver.
Yeah it seems you have to have a certain combination of hardware to feel the pain.
I'm still not going tempt fate, waiting on a real hotfix.

Back