NVIDIA 388.13 WHQL Display Drivers - "Call of Duty: WWII Game Ready"

Well that was pretty quick after the 388.10 "hotfix" driver

when a new game comes out, you can expect a new Nvidia driver...next one should hit close to Battlefront 2's release...maybe even one for Nioh next week

'Game ready' like forza?
That term is meaningless marketing BS now.

'Game ready' like forza?

Do you know what AMD fine wine means? AMD can't be bothered to make a game-ready driver for up to two years after the game is released!

I'm not an AMD/RTG hater (I'm a pragmatic enthusiast) but your post hails more from the Team Brown region and reeks of hypocrisy to boot.

Do you know what AMD fine wine means? AMD can't be bothered to make a game-ready driver for up to two years after the game is released!

I'm not an AMD/RTG hater (I'm a pragmatic enthusiast) but your post hails more from the Team Brown region and reeks of hypocrisy to boot.

AMD drivers were for many years quite shitty and slow to be updated.
Nvidia has dropped the ball recently too. Win10 (an OS ffs), forza7 and other titles to mention. AMD has stepped their game up markedly in last two years but they are not perfect either.

So if you want to call me a fanboy or biased, you're talking to the wrong guy. I'll shit on both as much as needed.

I'm going to see what happens with COD with 388.00 seen 3-4 reports of stuttering in games along with Assassin Creed.
Plus I just put 388.00 on like 4 flash drives always updating is a pain plus Gears of War 4 work with 388.00.
Someone also said their graphics card bricked no thanks usually that happens to the SLI people not one but two dead cards ;)

cut paste from forums: LOL

Wow, this driver is one the worst I have ever tried.
I get massive stuttering in every game now, seems like Gsync is not working at all?!
Something massive is totally broken with this driver which was not there with 388.00

'Game ready' like forza?

The exception does not prove the rule.

In this case, as has been discussed to death, the developer over-molested the engine a) to be more responsive (a worthy goal) and b) to run on AMD-powered consoles. They can't be blamed for trying to provide the best experience for gamers, but they did put non-AMD hardware in a poor position at launch.

And yet, Nvidia's first game-ready driver got the game running, and the second provided expected performance. Being a week or so behind in delivering full performance certainly isn't poor execution for an exception.

The exception does not prove the rule.

In this case, as has been discussed to death, the developer over-molested the engine a) to be more responsive (a worthy goal) and b) to run on AMD-powered consoles. They can't be blamed for trying to provide the best experience for gamers, but they did put non-AMD hardware in a poor position at launch.

And yet, Nvidia's first game-ready driver got the game running, and the second provided expected performance. Being a week or so behind in delivering full performance certainly isn't poor execution for an exception.

Been quite a few of those exceptions lately and you come right in to defend them. Nvidia drivers have been a bit lacking the last few new games, while they still play they dont play as well and some experience stuttering. Nvidia used to be pretty good at having drivers ready but it seems they are slipping lately or just dont care since it plays good enough. If they keep that up I will remember that next upgrade.

Been quite a few of those exceptions lately and you come right in to defend them. Nvidia drivers have been a bit lacking the last few new games, while they still play they dont play as well and some experience stuttering. Nvidia used to be pretty good at having drivers ready but it seems they are slipping lately or just dont care since it plays good enough. If they keep that up I will remember that next upgrade.

Ice heard from another the last driver release without stuttering was 385.69?

Anyways, maybe from there on is cause of gpu core hardware monitoring as well. As the one guy mentions to turn gpu core hardware monitoring off to fix that.

Free The Nvidia Taskbar Icon 2017

Not sure what their reason was behind this. Maybe it was the Fall Update and they are waiting to see what it breaks. I hope we get it back soon though.

RIP Nvidia Taskbar Icon 2017

I solved all my issues with games not working right on day 1 by not playing them on day 1.

Seriously, every game - AAA or not - gets a ton of patches in the first month or two, and usually the experience is a lot better if you just wait a couple of weeks. The last game I can remember that was flawless on release was Overwatch.

cut paste from forums: LOL

Wow, this driver is one the worst I have ever tried.
I get massive stuttering in every game now, seems like Gsync is not working at all?!
Something massive is totally broken with this driver which was not there with 388.00

There is a new driver out that claims to fix the microstutter....

I just built a new machine too and seeing some stutter in overwatch and its driving me nuts... just looked at nvidia site today.. new drive to fix the stutter when using monitoring software, cant wait to get home and try it out...

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 388.31 The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version. This list is only a subset of the total number of changes made in this driver version. The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference.  Micro-stuttering occurs in games when GPU monitoring tools are monitoring GPU power (“Power” monitoring enabled). [2016377]

Back