[Nvidia] 310.70 WHQL Driver "An Essential Upgrade For All GeForce GTX Gamers"

hammerforged

[H]ard|Gawd
This GeForce driver is recommended for the best experience in the blockbuster holiday games. GeForce 310.70 drivers add optimizations for Far Cry 3, providing up to 38% faster performance.

These drivers also include the previously released optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.

GeForce R310 Drivers:

Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400/500/600 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 306.97 WHQL drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:

GeForce GTX 680:

◦Up to 38% in Far Cry 3
◦Up to 26% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
◦Up to 16% in Battlefield 3
◦Up to 18% in Assassin's Creed III
◦Up to 9% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
◦Up to 6% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter
◦Up to 6% in StarCraft II
◦Up to 6% in Dragon Age II
◦Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
◦Up to 5% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

GeForce GTX 660:

◦Up to 24% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
◦Up to 10% in Battlefield 3
◦Up to 7% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
◦Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
◦Up to 5% in Dragon Age II
◦Up to 5% in Assassin's Creed III
◦Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
◦Up to 4% in Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Some nice gains all around. Hopefully they work well!

http://www.******geforce******.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-70-drivers-released

Full Release Notes PDF

Last edited:
Up to 38% Far Cry 3 performance increase in this release...sexy.

Actually, it's probably the same as the 310.64 beta.

Yay? I wonder if that will affect some of the DX11 spikes in AC3...or if it's just another rehash of the last 2-3 betas.

What is the Geforce website still being censored? I wonder what they did ...:confused:

Yay? I wonder if that will affect some of the DX11 spikes in AC3...or if it's just another rehash of the last 2-3 betas.

Might just be the 310.64 Beta turned into WHQL. That's my best guess.

Thanks for the news, hammerforged

I was just made aware of this fact:

R.E. 310.70 WHQL "This version has better performance than 310.64 for HDAO in Far Cry 3"

So, .70 does have better HDAO performance than .64 for Far Cry 3. So basically, install these drivers if you are playing Far Cry 3.

beef616d_21a.jpeg

Update: Although NVIDIA made song-and-dance about this release, and although misleadingly lists these drivers as stable, when you perform a manual search (where it should list stable drivers only), we found out these are in fact not WHQL-signed.

LINK

So when can we expect the official WHQL drivers ?

From Guru3d:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4471827&postcount=158

"AndyB
NVIDIA Rep

The drivers have been tagged by Manuel and I as WHQL-candidate from the very beginning, meaning we expect them to be the WHQL driver once MS certification is completed.

The choice was this:

- Release now as WHQL-candidate and get key fixes out to everyone ASAP
- Wait a week+ for official WHQL certification

Surely you prefer the 'release immediately' approach?"

Looks like another week at least. I presume the WHQL-release will be identical except files added for certification-reasons.

i got a decrease in graphics quality and horrible jaggies with fc3
msi 560ti, non oc'd, win7, dx11, custom settings, default nvidia profile settings before and after
coming from 310.64

i got a decrease in graphics quality and horrible jaggies with fc3
msi 560ti, non oc'd, win7, dx11, custom settings, default nvidia profile settings before and after
coming from 310.64

Great...I just installed the drivers and read this, and just finished my FC3 install. I guess if gameplay sucks I can always go back to the older driver. :confused:

Yeah, I've found that with any "update" (be it hardware or software) it's best to let the early-adopters try it out first and report the results. :cool:

well, dont let that steer you away. you might get diff results.
and i can confirm, going back to .64 jaggies are less visible and textures look better.
i changed nothing in the far cry settings or the nv profile settings.

there might be an nv settings change that occurs since they added the dx11 exe to the app list.
hmm. i dunno. someone see and compare?

From Guru3d:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4471827&postcount=158

"AndyB
NVIDIA Rep

The drivers have been tagged by Manuel and I as WHQL-candidate from the very beginning, meaning we expect them to be the WHQL driver once MS certification is completed.

The choice was this:

- Release now as WHQL-candidate and get key fixes out to everyone ASAP
- Wait a week+ for official WHQL certification

Surely you prefer the 'release immediately' approach?"

Looks like another week at least. I presume the WHQL-release will be identical except files added for certification-reasons.

^^ dumbest excuse i've ever seen by nvidia, just fucking release them as a beta driver then if they aren't WHQL certified(and yes i know that nvidia finally changed it from WHQL to beta on their site).

I just did a Check Driver Scan on the Nvid site and they said 306.97 is the current driver, better to install this or the 310.70? I dont want my shit being slower on game play like others have mentioned ^

I just did a Check Driver Scan on the Nvid site and they said 306.97 is the current driver, better to install this or the 310.70? I dont want my shit being slower on game play like others have mentioned ^

install whatever makes your system stable. so far ive never had any issue with beta or whql drivers the performance gain is a nice plus over whql too :)

Back