Nvidia 285.38 BETA 4 BF3 Avail. now +38% Performance

Lord_Exodia

Supreme [H]ardness
285.38 Beta Battlefield 3 Beta Driver

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-...r-battlefield-3-open-beta-tomorrow/13636.html

13636.jpeg

Nvidia will support this game strongly and it's pretty apparent with them releasing new beta drivers specifically aimed at improving the experience for a early BETA. I hope AMD has some strong support planned for this game too. I'm looking forward to this one. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to play the beta. I have been out of the loop for that, I just know it starts tomorrow or later today.

Check out the link above for the full release notes on the beta driver.

Also VR-Zone has a funny guide to building the perfect BF3 rig that I found both funny and intiutive.

http://vr-zone.com/articles/guide-to-building-a-gaming-rig-for-battlefield-3/13633.html

Last edited:
Nice. Beta drivers for a beta game. Good to see Nvidia on top of it. I participated in the alpha trial and the latest drivers didn't even have a profile/full SLI support for bf3. i'm hopeful that when release time comes it will be taken care of.

in regards to participation in the beta version,closed beta will be open to those who preordered MOH, or those who preordered BF3 before yesterday.I also know that it that the closed beta will start on the 27th, and the open beta on the 29th

Last edited:
I don't understand how a driver can add 38% performance. I don't understand how it can add any performance unless the old driver is broken. Can anyone explain it?

I don't understand how a driver can add 38% performance. I don't understand how it can add any performance unless the old driver is broken. Can anyone explain it?

I think it largely has to do with optimized math. If a tank barrel has 10 pixels in 5 areas that need to be shaded a given color (say FFF) its easier to say 5 x 2(FFF) than 2(FFF) + 2(FFF) + 2(FFF)...etc. Does that make any sense?

I'm not a driver programmer, but having messed around with just about everything else, including serial/usb device stuff - that's how my shitty explanation works.

I think it largely has to do with optimized math. If a tank barrel has 10 pixels in 5 areas that need to be shaded a given color (say FFF) its easier to say 5 x 2(FFF) than 2(FFF) + 2(FFF) + 2(FFF)...etc. Does that make any sense?

I'm not a driver programmer, but having messed around with just about everything else, including serial/usb device stuff - that's how my shitty explanation works.

It doesn't make sense, but it is an explanation. lol:D

its probably "up to" a 38% increase

And that would be in specific situations, not during the entire game. I'm thinking its probably the best example taken from some SLI situation. Any release notes on this driver?

It doesn't make sense, but it is an explanation. lol:D

it also explains why console gpu's do much better than pc gpu's pound for pound, console games get much better coding and optimiziations than pc games.

its probably "up to" a 38% increase

And that would be in specific situations, not during the entire game. I'm thinking its probably the best example taken from some SLI situation. Any release notes on this driver?

You can see the release highlights in some of the links provided by my OP. The +38% was on a GTX 570 vs the old driver. I'd imagine in some scenarios it may be even greater than 38% boost and in other less than a 38% boost.

I believe that the new drivers provide up to a 38% increase in SLI setups, considering that the previous drivers did not have SLI profiles. It's all left up to guessing unless Nvidia provides details on the environment they say that increase. Actual gameplay increase in FPS could be only 5-10% on average, who knows at this point except for those who that in closed beta?

Back