Nvidia 1080ti Preorder Now Available via Nvidia's site.

Should report them to eBay since they are selling shit they don't have. Near as I know, preorders haven't shipped yet. I imagine they won't ship until the embargo on reviews lifts. So these are peopel who are selling something they claim they'll have later, which I don't think eBay permits.

There are one or two that show pictures of the boxes taken on a desk or something. They could be stolen pictures of review samples if I had to guess. Most are just pre-orders with "confirmation." They don't say how they are confirmed.

I'll just hold off until early summer to grab one. Maybe then they won't be so hard to find.

Some shops *cough*NewEgg*cough* have their own eBay stores. For example, NewEgg had multiple 1080s out of stock right after release but they were selling the same OOS cards on eBay. Scummy is not quite the right word for this practice.

I'll just hold off until early summer to grab one. Maybe then they won't be so hard to find.

I doubt you'll need to wait that long. Unless there's supply problems, the feeding frenzy usually dies down in a couple weeks. Given that TSMC has been doing 14nm for a long time without problem, and nVidia has a lot of experience with the design rule for it, I imagine supply will be fine. Once the initial rush of "gotta have it" gets sated they should be easy to acquire. I imagine by the end of the month they should be in stock everywhere.

I'm jonesing for some AIB pricing/comparisons. With an enhanced cooling/power design and Nvidia pricing theirs at $699 aka MSRP,instead of the FE $50 premium, the AIBs will really have to be competitive.

Last edited:
144hz is just a lame number put out by LCD enthusiasts. CRT's gave better, smoother gameplay at 60-85hz, and you're just trying to get a similar experience on a tech that has trouble keeping up with response/refresh smoothness. This doesn't mean that games are amazing, it just means that you're trying to OVERCOMPENSATE for a technology that never delivered on pc gaming needs in the first place. That's like saying, we can't game at 8k perfectly on a brand new AAA title so gpu's are trash.

You are confusing refresh rate with image persistency, though they are related. CRTs due to their way of displaying the screen have always been great for having low persistence and that is also why 60 Hz on a CRT is generally tiring to the eyes. What you would be looking for is instead ULMB on the G-Sync displays as it flickers the backlight and provides similar low persistence to a CRT. This happens at 120 Hz and is not visible to the eye but has a big effect in how our eyes and brain process the image. In my experience it is best used with games that run above 60 fps. Running both high refresh rate and high framerates helps reduce motion blur a LCD display might have while allowing you to use G-Sync for no tearing and no input lag. CRTs had many good things about them but physical and screen size, image geometry, sharpness and resolution were not them.

I don't feel you need 100+ framerates when ULMB is used and that's why I would be pretty happy with a 4K display that does 120Hz ULMB and a GPU that can deliver over 60 fps. Alas, only one of them is on the market.

I hate ULMB. The image is too dark and dull for my tastes.

dark dull and gives eye strain when doing back to back CS GO matches for me

Back