Nvidia 1080 ti / Titan XP / 2080 ti

Sweet! Very nice upgrade. Same choice I would have made if I were in your shoes coming from a 1080. The 2080Ti is a nice card, but way out in left field as to bang for the buck/value. The Titan Xp is a very nice bump up, especially if you were able to snag one for only $600.

Yeah that's really cool!

I managed to make it stable around 2000Mhz which is really good for my daily use :)

Good temperature, good card, I'm enjoying this one haha

I'm pretty interested in this idea as well. With SLI dying out, my 980s are not what they could be. New games don't even support SLI right now.

I ony play at 1080p but my goal is always to be able to max the graphics settings in games for the resolution I can use. I suspect a 1080, even non TI would do what I want?

I would think the 1080TI with 11gb ram would be my best bang for buck (used of course) because an 11gb 2080 is crazy.

Bought a 1080 TI and holding out for something better! 11 GB versus 8 GB for the same money!? 11 GB it is!

I'm pretty interested in this idea as well. With SLI dying out, my 980s are not what they could be. New games don't even support SLI right now.

I ony play at 1080p but my goal is always to be able to max the graphics settings in games for the resolution I can use. I suspect a 1080, even non TI would do what I want?

I would think the 1080TI with 11gb ram would be my best bang for buck (used of course) because an 11gb 2080 is crazy.

That depends on the game. Even at 1080P, Ghost Recon Wildlands at max settings gave my single (at the time) 1080 Ti a run for it's money. So, it depends on the games that you play and you'll have to do a little digging to find out.

In your case a used 1080 Ti would probably be a good bet. A normal 1080 wouldn't be worthwhile coming from 980 SLI (probably a downgrade in SLI compatible games).

Back